• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand v South Africa

Definately the game of the Trinations to watch with AUS out of it halfway through. We win it, we win the tourney. All Blacks win it, they are in with a shout although they have to beat us convincingly for it to be a loud shout. Keeping them away from bonus points in SA has really helped especially with AUS returning the favour in Brisbane.

That said, I am less worried about the Tri Nations ***le than the top spot in the IRB world rankings; winner takes it for the rest of the year; unless NZ win us and then bomb out against AUS twice. Not gonna happen. Just hope the ref has as good a game as last week was (although Brussouw should have scored) and that the Boks get the fire back in their bellies. Pretty sure they will be up for it.

Go, Bokke!

Carter-Donald-Nonu doesn't scare me half as much as Carter-Nonu-Smith but I guess you are as lucky to be playing against John Smit at prop as we are to have Conrad Smith out of the picture. One can only that PdV gets the front row selections right before the WC 2011.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Sep 8 2009, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Big dilemma for the Boks. Their defence dealt with the ABs fairly handily in SA, but do they keep kicking? Or do they broaden the game and risk midfield turnovers?

Brussouw is great, but McCaw is still king. Or is it down to the ref pinging one or both of them? Any selection indicators to show how PDV is thinking?

I guess the ABs won't have the flow to break the defence, too raw at the moment. So Boks just need to keep doing what they do - stay inside the ABs reach and get them in a clinch to stop their punches.[/b]

Apparently he thinks Hamilton is boring, which coincides with the thoughts of the Queensland Reds and quite a few kiwis if we were honest ;)

For NZ to win the tri-nations, minimum requirement, they need to beat the Saffas and deny them a bonus point, run amock against the Aussies with a four try winning bonus point, and pick up the for and against by +39. I'll settle for a win over the old enemy to be honest, then I can completely forget about yet another game against the Aussies (Bledisloe safe, no longer interested bring on the EOYT and ANZC final rounds).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Sep 8 2009, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Amazingly enough the great PDV, in his infinate wisdom, has decided his teams loss to Australia was due to the bias in refeeres, with the evidence of body language. Someone should shut that idiot up, he is a fool. http://www.allblacks.com/news/11005/Refs-a...s---De-Villiers.[/b]

No, don't shut him up, keep him talking. Makes me laugh every time. Guy's a comic genius.

On the subject of the game itself, bound to either be a thrashing from the Boks or very close. Probally the latter.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Sep 10 2009, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For NZ to win the tri-nations, minimum requirement, they need to beat the Saffas and deny them a bonus point, run amock against the Aussies with a four try winning bonus point, and pick up the for and against by +39. I'll settle for a win over the old enemy to be honest, then I can completely forget about yet another game against the Aussies (Bledisloe safe, no longer interested bring on the EOYT and ANZC final rounds).[/b]
I reckon ABs to win this, but Aus to win the next one - next RWC champs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 10 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Sep 8 2009, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amazingly enough the great PDV, in his infinate wisdom, has decided his teams loss to Australia was due to the bias in refeeres, with the evidence of body language. Someone should shut that idiot up, he is a fool. http://www.allblacks.com/news/11005/Refs-a...s---De-Villiers.[/b]

No, don't shut him up, keep him talking. Makes me laugh every time. Guy's a comic genius.

On the subject of the game itself, bound to either be a thrashing from the Boks or very close. Probally the latter.
[/b][/quote]
Boks wont thrash us, I think they will try to keep it close though, as even if they lose within 7 points they pretty much win the Tri Nations, as the points deficet will not be high enough for us to have won it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Sep 10 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Sep 10 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Sep 8 2009, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Boks wont thrash us, I think they will try to keep it close though, as even if they lose within 7 points they pretty much win the Tri Nations, as the points deficet will not be high enough for us to have won it.
[/b][/quote]

Game might blow out a bit of the ABs are behind heading into the final quarter and start taking risks.

Think the Bokke will keep it tight, kick for the corners, and revert to a rush defense to cut down our backline options. Could explain Dan and the Duck in the backline, additional chip kick option to get in behind the defense. Of course the Saffas might shock us all and open it up. Got to love an All Black v South Africa test.

For South Africa a chance of a clean sweep, for New Zealand pride is on the line. Blood in the water time, it's going to be a ripper.

Like someone mentioned earlier, SA will do everthing ugly to win this match and keep this as a low scoring game for ABs as much as possible.

Going out the window is the running game-tactic they tried against the Wallies reverting back to their trusted & proven aerial ping-pong. Look out for the 2 Steyns to kick those 60m droppies. Even Spies will try one.

For the ABs to win, they need to target Ndungane. He seems like a weak link to me (IMO actually).

ABs by 10.

God I hope we win this one and win it convincingly.

Doesn't kick off for 3 hours but I'm already getting excited, by far the biggest game of the season.

Go the Blacks!

Juan Smith has failed a late fitness test and won't play, he will be replaced in the starting line-up by Schalk Burger and Burger will be replaced by Ryan Kankowski on the bench.
Good luck McCaw and co.

very fine kicking display by both teams with South Africa getting the only try of the first half. boks got a handy lead they should really win it from here.

Does anybody know how I can get ARCRugby to work online, everytime I click on it, it just says "Loading" and nothing happens no matter how long I give it?

Well, great finish to a game that was more frustrating then most of memory. I wish Carter tried a few more phases before giving that kick a go. Rokocoko and Sivivatu both looked pretty good, as did Jane. Well done South Africa on a fine Tri Nations campain and win.

Great game! Well done to the Boks for beating NZ 3 times in a row this year. And now that we won I'm gonna suggest that refs from the Nanny State never come here again. Owens was friggin useless! Could be the worst display from a ref I've seen this year. I couldn't believe this guy's calls. Unbelievable.

Very good game i thought. We were the better side, and deserved the win. Owens had some really bad calls i feel. Urm, that first penalty where John Smit was seen as obstructing when he was the lifter? WTF is up with that? Bunch of other calls i thought were really ******** as well. New Zealand got away with a lot of 'holding on' infringements i thought as well

Barnes also proved that he is the world's worst linesman, as well as referee today.

My man of the match, Francois Steyn. All you haters can suck it.

Good game, good second half of the AB, pity they didn't had 5 min of additional time in the last part, otherwise they could have won the game.

Latest posts