• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Ireland vs. South Africa (11/11/2017)

Rassie and Jacque will fix SA up no doubt but I called this all week. My biggest worry this November is Ireland have no real test.
Killer Herring and Ryan with superb scrum

Very poor by the Boks 2 thoughts

1. Drop the 30 cap rule, pick the best players no matter where they live. The South African economy and the lure of the bok shirt is no longer strong enough to stop the flight to the north
2. Sack Coetzee if the Boks don't win all 3 of the remaining tour games.

With their performances against England, NZ and now the Boks I think Ireland may be the best defensive side in world rugby. Admittedly that defence wasn't tested much today.

I'd love to see a similar Bok XV selection in Rome; going back to back might not be so unthinkable for an improved Italy. They were subpar in all facets today except for Marx, back row and Coetzee.

With their performances against England, NZ and now the Boks I think Ireland may be the best defensive side in world rugby. Admittedly that defence wasn't tested much today.

I'd love to see a similar Bok XV selection in Rome; going back to back might not be so unthinkable for an improved Italy. They were subpar in all facets today except for Marx, back row and Coetzee.

Rassie and Jacque will fix SA up no doubt but I called this all week. My biggest worry this November is Ireland have no real test.
Killer Herring and Ryan with superb scrum
Haha, mate the problem is higher than Rassie. He won't make a difference. How can he?

Haha, mate the problem is higher than Rassie. He won't make a difference. How can he?
Rassie will I know it.
Did Sexton get MOTM?
Could easily have been Aki Stockdale Conway Murray Stander or Toner.

On Kearney. He wasn't desperate but it's very obvious now he's on a big decline. And there is massive talent now. Sweetnam did brilliantly in last try, Stockdale is a talent and Earls will return meaning Conway, Carbery and if Zebo returns (Rumours of U-turn on France) for 15. All backrow performed superbly and Ruddock continued that.

Munster were in dire straights before he turned up. SA fans shouldn't give up yet. On today's performance it might be too much though.

Goodbye SA rugby. Thanks for the memories. The only winners are the new masters in SA who are now congratulating themselves on a job well done.

*lets Alpha Bro enjoy the win for five minutes*

At least the Boks won the battle that mattered. For the RWC.
You were on a knife edge between a down vote and an upvote lad. Luckily I think you're pretty.
That match was bittersweet and beating that SA team felt a tad cheap. I hope they go back to their roots, drop the political bull and grow again. Rassie and Nienaber will help as Muff said but the problems are institutional and it looks like a huge mess to fix.

*lets Alpha Bro enjoy the win for five minutes*

At least the Boks won the battle that mattered. For the RWC.
Not done yet. Remember the report was a recommendation. I'm hoping that Ireland come back against the odds to win the bid now to be honest.
They'd be formidable at home and it would be good to see another NH team other than England lift the cup. I can't see SA progressing past the QF and at this rate I will be surprised if many people are still interested in them come 2023. Matters would go from bad to worse when they get knocked out early in the tournament. Doesn't bode well for attendance figures.
World Rugby should embrace a country on the up rather than a slowly dying giant.

Not done yet. Remember the report was a recommendation. I'm hoping that Ireland come back against the odds to win the bid now to be honest.
They'd be formidable at home and it would be good to see another NH team other than England lift the cup. I can't see SA progressing past the QF and at this rate I will be surprised if many people are still interested in them come 2023. Matters would go from bad to worse when they get knocked out early in the tournament. Doesn't bode well for attendance figures.
World Rugby should embrace a country on the up rather than a slowly dying giant.
I think he was rustling my feathers, Bruce is my younger brother on this forum!!

I can't disagree with anything you've said, considering we have just hammered the second best side in rugby history I'm very underwhelmed. Rugby in SA is better than losing to an Ireland side, even if it is arguably our best squad ever, who's 15, 13, 9 and 7 didn't play anywhere near their potential. Rugby in SA is better than that but South African rugby isn't, which I know is hugely frustrating having watched Ireland from 2010-2013. Hopefully political incompetence will end soon but hopefully not before our QF in 2019, Irish rugby needs a semi final more! :p

I think he was rustling my feathers, Bruce is my younger brother on this forum!!

I can't disagree with anything you've said, considering we have just hammered the second best side in rugby history I'm very underwhelmed. Rugby in SA is better than losing to an Ireland side, even if it is arguably our best squad ever, who's 15, 13, 9 and 7 didn't play anywhere near their potential. Rugby in SA is better than that but South African rugby isn't, which I know is hugely frustrating having watched Ireland from 2010-2013. Hopefully political incompetence will end soon but hopefully not before our QF in 2019, Irish rugby needs a semi final more! :p

Yeah, just joshing.

regards,

The Alpha Bruce

Unfortunately not. They get handouts.
Like all provinces. IRFU pays most of Leinster wage budget to free up €€. We lucky.

In seriousness though SARU need to realise economy and game isn't strong enough there to enforce cap rule

Ireland are quality, well done to you lads your team is no joke.

As for the Bokke... too sad nothing to say other than AC is useless, he's actually worse than useless I honestly think our team would perform better with no coach.

Its happening over and over. The pessimists Bok supporters has become the realists and the optimists has become the delusional.
We are dog **** currently. I kept believing we could come back in the second half but then we only lost further. I don't want us to win the rest of our games. I hope we lose all of them.
People speak of continuity in rugby as a good thing and in many ways i agree with them. Heck earlier in the year i actually thought AC is eventually improving things after he got to spend more time with the players.
But now he is in year two and to be honest i only see regression. Somebody simply has to take responsibility for this and usually the blame lies at the head coach.

Not only the coach. We have been avoiding the issue because we didn't lose that many games this year ( before this game it was only the All Blacks) but some of our best players are just being overlooked in Europe even when they qualify with the 30 cap rule. These include players such as Duane Vermeulen, Bismarck du Plessis, Francois Steyn, Willie le Roux, Lambie. Guys with years of experience and they acquired their rugby knowledge by playing with the world cup winning South African group. Now there is a generational gap without these players. Just the old retired players and the new ones trying to gain experience by taking turns getting pounded by the various big teams on the international circuit.
SARU needs to cancel all the matches vs tier 1 opposition for the foreseeable future because this coach is destroying a proud record.

AC must be the most useless coach in history. WTF was he thinking today, honestly is this guy a moron???

I posted just before the game that the one facet of the game where we categorically cannot beat the Irish is in the kicking game so what does this muppet do? Nothing but kick from minute one...

WHAT ARE YOU DOING. How am I just a dumb fan and I know better than you.
Drop dead you useless ####.
I'm so angry right now I can't sleep.
Don't you dare blame the players this is a proud rugby playing country with 10 times (literally) the population of Ireland.
Go sit on a rake.

Now there is nothing worse than someone who just says "our team played bad" when they lose trying to take something away from the opposition. I don't want to do that, Ireland are a serious team, and you guys should be proud of this clinical performance.