[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Scotland vs. Australia (25/11/2017)

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by TRF_heineken, Nov 21, 2017.

1. TRF_heineken

TRF_heineken RIP #J9

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

South Africa

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Venue: Murrayfield, Edinburgh
    Time: 16:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. BobbyM

BobbyM Academy Player

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Hurricanes

Following disappointing results (and for Aus performance too) at the weekend, both teams will be laser focused on finishing the year on a high. Weather is looking cold (c4 degrees at kickoff), but dry. Will be interesting to see how the Aussies react to it and to what will no doubt be a boisterous Murrayfield crowd. I can’t believe I’m saying this given recent history, but the front row of the Aussies really worries me. From what I saw of the England game they at least competed for periods of the game, and with the injuries Scotland have up front it’s definitely an area for exploitation.

As a Scot though I’m reasonably confident. We know we can beat Australia, so there’s none of the mental blockers to overcome as there is with NZ. With the backline performing well the last couple of games and the back rows reasonably balanced in terms of physicality, if we can compete at the breakdown and get the ball to 10, we’ve every chance of creating try scoring opportunities.

4. ragerancher

ragerancher First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Bath

I hope the Scots annihilate them with a lot of ref decisions going against Australia.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. The Alpha Bro

The Alpha Bro Fat Boi

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Come on Oz!! Put them firmly back in their box s'il vous plait!! That last bit is Scotland's new national language while their new patron "saint" is the fella below!
    [​IMG]

National Animal
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bruce_ma_goose

Bruce_ma_goose First XV

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Italy

We would never giving up the Unicorn as our national animal. Should be the game of the weekend by a mile, on paper at least. If Dunbar is still injured he'd be a big loss. A huge systement by Scotland if they can win this; a sign that they might progress to being a consistent Top5 side under Townsend.

But I expect an Aussie victory; depending on selections.

7. BobbyM

BobbyM Academy Player

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Hurricanes

Tasty tasty tears =D

Seriously though, from a personal perspective I'm gutted Ireland didn't get it, would've been an absolute riot for the whole tournament!

Bruce - I may be being bold but I think that our backline is going to get at least 3 tries against the Wallabies this weekend. If we defend as we did against the ABs, we should have enough to outscore them.

Are you worried the players won't be able to "get up" for the game following the exertions last week?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Reiser99

Reiser99 First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Leicester

It's simple, Scotland have the skill and players to win this and tbh if both tems play their best I think Scots might actually edge it anyway. They have to believe and go and do it now. As people have said they need to prove they can keep this up regularly and not slip back to nearly winning. (I don't think they will slip back.)

9. Derpus

Derpus Academy Player

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Waratahs

If Australia play to their potential they are still much better than Scotland.

They won't though. We've sent yet another two home and we seem cooked mentally anyway. We just gave up in the last 10 minutes against England. I for one would rather see some of the younger talent we brought on tour have a run, even if it means we lose. Be good to see what the Tongan Thor, Banks etc. can bring.

Also, some players are in a desperate need of a rest. Kepu, Taaf, Hooper have all played a ridiculous amount of rugby. I think Hooper has played every minute of every game all year for both club and country save the Barbarians match.

If it rains, Scotland to win by more than 10. If its a dry track it'll be 50/50 and it'll turn on whether the key men decide to show up or not.

10. Reiser99

Reiser99 First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Leicester

Based on last weekend I'd say Scotland have the edge in the backs, where as Australia would have the edge in the forwards. That is probably still Scotland's biggest weakness, their forwards are still inconsistent and they don't have quite the same depth as they do in the backs.

11. Derpus

Derpus Academy Player

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Waratahs

Which is odd, as there is a general perception in Australia that our backs are far better than our forwards (with the exclusion of 10).

12. Reiser99

Reiser99 First XV

Country Flag:

England

Club or Nation:

Leicester

I'm not saying that, more that Scotland's backs looked more creative than Australia's last weekend. However I think Australia's forwards, especially the back row, has the edge over Scotland. I may be wrong though.

13. g6mcg

g6mcg Academy Player

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Doncaster

Scotland team:

Hogg (Glasgow Warriors), Seymour (Glasgow Warriors), H Jones (Glasgow Warriors), Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors), Maitland (Saracens), Russell (Glasgow Warriors), Price (Glasgow Warriors), Marfo (Edinburgh), McInally (Edinburgh), Berghan (Edinburgh), Gilchrist (Edinburgh), J Gray (Glasgow Warriors), Barclay (Scarlets, capt), Wilson (Glasgow Warriors), Watson (Edinburgh).

Replacements: Brown (Glasgow Warriors), Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors), Z Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors), Toolis (Edinburgh), Du Preez (Edinburgh), Pyrgos (Glasgow Warriors), Horne (Glasgow Warriors), McGuigan (Sale Sharks)

Harsh on Jones, would have experience expected Maitland on the bench. He tends to be solid though, and good at filling in for Hogg. Toolis and Fagerson rumoured to be rested rather than dropped - I’d take that with a pinch of salt as this game determines whether it’s been a good or disappointment autumn!

14. MikeTheNative

MikeTheNative Bench Player

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Wales

Unicorn as a national animal? Don't you think having a mythical creature is a bit ridiculous?

As for the game I generally have no idea. If the Scots play like they did against NZ they can win, play like they did against Somoa and they will probably lose. What ever the result I'm sure there is going to be some good running rugby from both teams.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  15. g6mcg

g6mcg Academy Player

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Doncaster

Is the terrible effort at a Komodo dragon on the Friday Welsh flag artistic license?

• Like Like x 1
  16. MikeTheNative

MikeTheNative Bench Player

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Wales

If you look up right now you should see a joke flying right over your head.

17. g6mcg

g6mcg Academy Player

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Doncaster

I never joke about Komodo dragons.

18. Bruce_ma_goose

Bruce_ma_goose First XV

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Italy

A strong Scottish selection, comparable to last week. Aussies at top strength it looks like, excepting Folau.

Australia: 15 Kurtley Beale, 14 Marika Koroibete, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Samu Kerevi, 11 Reece Hodge, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Will Genia, 8 Sean McMahon, 7 Michael Hooper (c), 6 Ben McCalman, 5 Blake Enever, 4 Rob Simmons, 3 Sekope Kepu, 2 Stephen Moore, 1 Scott Sio

Replacements: 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Tetera Faulkner, 18 Taniela Tupou, 19 Lukhan Tui, 20 Lopeti Timani, 21 Nick Phipps, 22 Karmichael Hunt, 23 Henry Speight

19. Derpus

Derpus Academy Player

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Waratahs

Stephen Moore is only starting because it's his last test, is no longer good enough and we have better hookers waiting for him to vacate the space. Otherwise, full strength. Big question-marks over Taniela Tupou though.

20. The Alpha Bro

The Alpha Bro Fat Boi

Country Flag:

Ireland

Club or Nation:

Leinster

Dunbar out! Beat 'emso hard they can't play rugby for two years Oz. We'll do the same to Wales next Feb for ya in return! xx

Friendship ended with Scotland, now England is my best friend.

21. Bruce_ma_goose

Bruce_ma_goose First XV

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Italy

Dunbar out is a big blow defensively, but his replacement Horne is a teammate of Finn, so it's not a huge drop-off.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!