Club or Nation
Sale
8O9W0FX.png

Half TimeProject1.jpg
8 points cover 8 teams

7th hosts 2nd
9th hosts 1st
11th hosts 10th
4th host Sarries (anyone's guess what team they'll play, and how motivated they are this week)
6th hosts 8th
5th hosts 3rd

So many reasons that shouldnt have been a try... but barnes disproved them all. Grest if not lucky try.

Sale looking good with their current team and now they get Lood and Faf back next week.
Are they ***le contenders? Not just asking based on log position, rather do they have it in them to win a final against the best team in the league? From an outsider perspective I think yes but truth be told I am not grasping how different the teams might be looking now VS then based on the six nations specefically relating to Exeter who I believe and I guess most other people will be in the final. We literally cannot watch Premiership games, my paid broadcaster does not do it so I have to resort to illigal streams thats full of ads just to get some game time.

@TRF_Olyy when Beaumont and Lood comes in at lock again there won't be space for Jean Luc at lock anymore right? He's not really a lock and I understand that he was only used there because of a lock crisis. Dan used to play lock more that Jean Luc so it. Was weird for me. But then Sale has the Curry Brothers and then their captain Ross in the loose forwards so do you think Jean Luc will have a starting spot somewhere between 6,7,8 or is the nature of the players in the sale teams going to force Jean Luc to play at lock for the foreseeable future?

Im a bit worried because he can't play his way back into international contention at Lock.

Aye, correct
He's done well there but I wouldn't expect to see him there much once everyone's fit - especially if we manage to land Isiekwe
Atm he's doing 60mins in the 2nd row then when we bring on a lock sub and he shifts to open side for the rest of the game - which is testament to his conditioning that he's still got the legs for it!

I don't think both DuPreez twins will be starters when everyone's fit, more likely that one starts at either 6 or 8 and the other comes off the bench.
How often everyone is fit, and no one is away internationally, is a different matter though.

I'm not sure if we've got the mental fortitude atm to win the ***le - the complete collapse at Saracens shows we've still got plenty of work to do.
This season top 6 was the minimum, top 4 the target. Anything can happen in the playoffs but I'd be delighted just to make it to them.

Are they ***le contenders? Not just asking based on log position, rather do they have it in them to win a final against the best team in the league? From an outsider perspective I think yes but truth be told I am not grasping how different the teams might be looking now VS then based on the six nations specefically relating to Exeter who I believe and I guess most other people will be in the final. We literally cannot watch Premiership games, my paid broadcaster does not do it so I have to resort to illigal streams thats full of ads just to get some game time.
Sale are favourites to get a home semi-final; though there's really not much in it. But they would be big underdogs against Exeter in any final. It's sport, and anything can happen, but basically no, they're not as good as Exeter (as a team, they have the individuals), nor as will drilled, and don't have the self-belief, experience or consistency of Exeter.
Sale and Saints are favourites from a chasing pack of 8 teams, all of whom have the same failings as I just listed for Sale. Within that 8, there's less in it than can be accounted for by a bounce of the ball, ref decision or simply having a good day at the office.

Surely Jean Luc starts at 6 over Ross. I get that Ross is a great workhorse but in terms of player quality JLDP is in a different league entirely.

Captain though, ay he
I don't think workhorse does him justice, his stats are insane. Whilst I do think JL has a wider/more impressive skillset, a guy like JR allows the Currys more freedom to wreak havoc at the breakdown.
Personally I'd probably lean more towards JL at 6, but I'm thinking about what is more likely for the club to do.
When everyone was fit at the start of the season we had
Beaumont, Evans
Ross, B.Curry, D.dP
With JL on the bench

Simmonds and Dombrandt both playing excellently.
I love Mark Wilson but one of those two should be there

Ibitoye dreadful

Both 8's and 10's looking good in the Quins-Chiefs game. Why Jones doesn't want Simmonds or Dombrandt in the 6N is baffling.

also Auterac's arms are probably as big as my legs, absolutely ridiculous.

Latest posts