• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 9

Reckon we'll get pumped,
We've already lost our mojo, and then remove our internationals plus injuries to Wiese and Curry last week means we're going to be disjointed as hell

Gloucester missing a few players but in good form and full of confidence

I think the saints will also get pumped. Exeter and all about smashing and we hate defending this season.

I think the saints will also get pumped. Exeter and all about smashing and we hate defending this season.
We have some big blokes and can play a good power game but it isnt being converted into points, secondly we're getting caught out wide all to often and with the game Saints play it could go your way.

We have some big blokes and can play a good power game but it isnt being converted into points, secondly we're getting caught out wide all to often and with the game Saints play it could go your way.
I like your thinking but I'm guessing you'll just smash right through us over and over again. Although your scrummaging hasn't been top notch this season you'll pick up penalties there for sure against us.

Sale Sharks Starting XV:
15. Joe Carpenter, 14. Tom Roebuck, 13. Sam James, 12. Sam Hill, 11. Arron Reed, 10. Robert du Preez, 9. Gus Warr; 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Tommy Taylor, 3. Nick Schonert, 4. Jean-Luc du Preez, 5. Josh Beaumont, 6. Jono Ross, 7. Ben Curry ©, 8. Daniel du Preez

Replacements:
16. Akker van der Merwe, 17. Bevan Rodd, 18. James Harper, 19. Dom Barrow, 20. Sam Dugdale, 21. Raffi Quirke, 22. Tom Curtis, 23. Byron McGuigan.

Good to see Akker back, though I'm a bit worried we've rushed him back early
Second row is a bit lightweight, and Harrison has struggled in the scrums quite a lot recently, so I'm expected a long day in the tight
Think J.Ross has been very anonymous this season and probably would've started Dugdale (or JL with Barrow in the 2nd row)

It is what it is, though - just hope we play a bit better than the last two weeks, we've looked clueless

Newcastle Falcons team v Bath Rugby (Saturday, 3pm, Kingston Park Stadium)

15 Elliott Obatoyinbo,
14 Adam Radwan,
13 George Wacokecoke,
12 Pete Lucock,
11 Ben Stevenson,
10 Brett Connon,
9 Michael Young (captain);

1 Adam Brocklebank,
2 Jamie Blamire,
3 Richard Palframan,
4 Matthew Dalton,
5 Sebastian de Chaves,
6 Freddie Lockwood,
7 Connor Collett,
8 Callum Chick.

Replacements: 16 George McGuigan, 17 Phil Brantingham, 18 Mark Tampin, 19 George Merrick, 20 Guy Pepper, 21 Sam Stuart, 22 Tian Schoeman, 23 Tom Penny.

Not available for selection: Mateo Carreras, Sam Clark, Trevor Davison, Carl Fearns, Gary Graham, Conor Kenny, Matias Moroni, Logovi'i Mulipola, Matias Orlando, Josh Peters, Greg Peterson, Sean Robinson, Oliver Spencer, Philip van der Walt, Will Welch.

Referee: Hamish Smales

Bath Rugby team to play Newcastle Falcons

15 Matt Gallagher, 14 Gabriel Hamer-Webb, 13 Ollie Lawrence, 12 Max Ojomoh, 11 Ruaridh McConnochie, 10 George Worboys, 9 Max Green; 1 Valeriy Morozov, 2 Tom Dunn ©, 3 D'Arcy Rae, 4 Fergus Lee-Warner, 5 Quinn Roux, 6 Ted Hill, 7 Miles Reid, 8 Richard de Carpentier

16 Niall Annett, 17 Arthur Cordwell, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Tom Ellis, 20 Josh Bayliss, 21 Tom Carr-Smith, 22 Billy Searle, 23 Jonathan Joseph

Tough watch, this game
27 kicks in 13 mins, I'm amazed it's not more than that

Was the penalty for the clearout? Cause that was fine, just cause a guy goes down holding his head doesn't mean it's a penalty

Surprised they didn't look at the highshot on Hodge

Tough watch, this game
27 kicks in 13 mins, I'm amazed it's not more than that
Its odd a team that likes to play and keep alpt of possession vs a team that likes a fast paced backs game are kicking so much.

When are they going to define what counts as advantage, i dont want take or lose but making ground or a few phases and should be over.

That was significantly worse than the red card Schonert got in the opening round

Consistencyyyyyyyyyyy

Saints get 1 more point and we get nothing from this game.

Seasons of old would always get a point win lose or draw. Granted alot of players down atm but so are alot of teams.

Breakdowns have been an absolute joke tonight,
Scrums too for that matter

Really poor advert for the state of refereeing in the game

Finn Smith speaks really well for a young lad and fair play he's done well this game.

Deserved win for Saints. Least we got a point out of this. But something needs to change but i dont see what as we dont have the squad/cohesion we used to have in the squad. We used to be able to go to 3rd team and still compete.

Finn Smith speaks really well for a young lad and fair play he's done well this game.

Deserved win for Saints. Least we got a point out of this. But something needs to change but i dont see what as we dont have the squad/cohesion we used to have in the squad. We used to be able to go to 3rd team and still compete.
Not sure what the decline is about, but Exe are just not the same team from Mauls or in close quarters in seasons gone by they managed to turn the majority of those situations into points, that paired with exceptional fitness allowed them to run away with it in the last quarter.

Latest posts