• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Questions for HB Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will we be able to see screenshots?

Since we are working together[sort of] will the Rugby Forum logo be included in the final product?

Good question.

Many other games have begun to tap into their fanbase by using them to Beta test their games many months before release. I have done Beta on a couple games and being part of the process was pretty fun. The final products were better off for the participation of their fans as some areas were tweaked and changed, while glitches were found without the parent company spending money on game testers.

HB Studios would be hard pressed to find another group better (and more willing) suited to test their game.

how do you get involved in doing a beta?

Will there be a 'Create a Tournament' mode where we can create different series and things like the autumn internationals?

I am with david0404 on that one, please make it possible to create a tournament? Custom tourny from 1-6 players.

i) What will the game be called? Surely you want to break with the past, and besides, would EA allow you to call it Rugby 12?
ii) How confident are you of getting the licences needed to do justice to the final game? Are all licences up for grabs? How does the process work? Will your focus be on the national or international game (for what it's worth, and I speak as a follower of the club game - English Championship -, I think the priority should be to get as many international licences as possible, ala Fifa World Cup).

I think the order of priority (highest to lowest) when it comes to licencing should be as follows:

1: Tri-Nations / Six Nations teams
2: Argentina
3: Heineken Cup / Super 15 teams
4: Pacific Nations Cup / European Nations Cup teams (Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Japan, Georgia, Romania, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Germany/Czech Republic/Ukraine)
5: Canada, USA, Uruguay
6: Challenge Cup teams
7: Guinness Premeirship / Top 14 / Magners League / Currie Cup / ITM Cup / Top League / Super 10
8: Asian 5 Nations teams ?

I know that if Rugby 2012 is anything like the old rugby games it'll only get half of those, but wouldn't it be great to have all those fully licensed competitions ?

hi,

will there be a feature similar to fifa's be a pro where you play as just one player or is that too difficult to implement in a rugby game?

1) How deep are you planning on making the customisation?
2) Will we see a more manager mode?

1.r use going to put the hakas from samoa tonga and fiji in the game
2.if 7s is not in ths game will use make a game just for 7s

1. What physics engine will the game be based on?? will it be a new engine or already existing.
2. Will the there be DLC available after release - updated rosters, extra teams, players, stadiums etc??

will the game be completely different from EAs rugby 08 as i believe you could learn a lot from jonah lomu rugby for the ps1 which is the closest game to real rugby (running lines, each team can win the ball at the ruck, hand offs and steps are brilliant) albeit the graphics arent great.

1)Is there going to be a become a legend mode, like on PES that takes you from a rookie to the end of your career? cause that would be so awesome!

2)Will there be a proper career mode, as in you take the club through multiple seasons making signings and bringing in academy players not just playing one season?

As you can see i like to play career style games!

1. Will there be the top 14 and the super 15?
2. will you be creating the Brtish and Irish Lions with the three tours to different countries?
3. Will you gain all the official licenses to all the different major teams and clubs and tournaments?
4. Will their the abillity to have different tours such as northern hemisphere tours in the autumn?

1.) are you going to put in the player/editor mode in the game so things can be tweaked such as staduim names an player names/stats ect.

2.) will be a pro be in the game an have the ability to take a player through various season

Will there be gameplay sliders and if not will you look to implement them in the future?

Will there be a '' Be A Pro '' feature in the EA 2012 rugby game like they have in Fifa at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts