• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

is there a way to dummy does anyone know???Please
Dummy passes are done by holding the Left Trigger then pressing LB or RB to dummy either left or right.
Same for PS3 when that demos comes out L2 then L1 or R1 to dummy left or right.

wow! rugby 08 in next-gen! one moment.....where are six nations, tri nations, premiership and super 14?? :D

You do realise this is pretty much all you post, over and over again? Getting very annoying that all you do is come here and slag it off. If you don't like the game, fair enough, but you don't need to come on here and post about it all the time. Ever heard of 'contructive feedback'? Costruttivo commento?

Has anyone worked out which direction to do the right analogue stick for sidestep/fend/charge?
I would've thought left/right = sidestep, up=charge, down=fend but that's not it, and the controls just point to the stick and list the things, rather than say how to do them
It is all based on the direction you are running so if you are running left to right, right dips the shoulder, left a hand off, then up and down do the sidesteps. Hope that helps.

Ah right, will have to have another play through and figure it all out

cheers!

<meta charset="utf-8">I have just done some calculations... After 4 years of waiting and being given very limited improvements, that means the game 'RWC 2107' (which will take place on the Moon) will be an almost perfect Rugby game!!!

Happy waiting!!!

can you download the demo from the internet and burn it on cd? i dont have an xbox live account.

Well, i just had flood do a crossfield kick right into the hands of Ashton for a try (who also did the swan dive whilst scoring!)

Really like the demo but Hape is way too fast! :p
Funnily enough Shontayne Hape is a huge Rugby games fan. I met him and most of the England Rugby players last summer when I went over for a photo shoot.

HB Glen is their any injuries in the demo?. I saw One person down but it ended before it did any thing

No injuries that require substitution in the demo - same as there being no substitutions or squad management in general. They are there in the full release though.

i am going to be brutally honest. having seen the demo i am massively disappointed. i expected this game to be real class, coming off the back of rugby 08, which was a good game at the time, but all that has happened is the graphics have been made hd and the commentators are different. the engine looks the same, the side step animation is the same, the open field and set piece kicking is exactly the same, the lineouts are the same and the commentary is terrible. its just like listening to a load of separate phrases mashed together, the comm doesnt flow. also the lack of intelligence by the referee in the demo was disappointing. at one point there is a knock on that is completely missed and an incident of crossing/accidental offside that goes unpunished. ontop of this, a player can still beat a defender by just rapidly changing direction of their run, without losing any of their speed during the turn, very unrealistic. having seen the demo and seen the q and a on this site with the developers, im also very disappointed by the lack of features of the game, so much so that in the demo they are actually advertising being able to modify the line up and changing your set play options as intuitive, something which fifa has had for years and in fact you can now build your own set plays on fifa. and if it couldnt get any worse, they dont even have the all white and all black WORLD CUP KITS for a WORLD CUP GAME, shocking.
This game is gong to crash and burn when it comes up against rugby challenge, which has more game modes, more game modes, better animations and mechanics, a new lineout system, a new scrum, ruck and maul system, a new offload mechanic, an extensive player creation centre and the ability to create your own set plays!

this is a shocking effort from hb studios!

Oki well I'll get the demo. I'll buy RC. I am sure that some stuff with the licences will be available because they game is going to be a massive sucess

i am going to be brutally honest. having seen the demo i am massively disappointed. i expected this game to be real class, coming off the back of rugby 08, which was a good game at the time, but all that has happened is the graphics have been made hd and the commentators are different. the engine looks the same, the side step animation is the same, the open field and set piece kicking is exactly the same, the lineouts are the same and the commentary is terrible. its just like listening to a load of separate phrases mashed together, the comm doesnt flow. also the lack of intelligence by the referee in the demo was disappointing. at one point there is a knock on that is completely missed and an incident of crossing/accidental offside that goes unpunished. ontop of this, a player can still beat a defender by just rapidly changing direction of their run, without losing any of their speed during the turn, very unrealistic. having seen the demo and seen the q and a on this site with the developers, im also very disappointed by the lack of features of the game, so much so that in the demo they are actually advertising being able to modify the line up and changing your set play options as intuitive, something which fifa has had for years and in fact you can now build your own set plays on fifa. and if it couldnt get any worse, they dont even have the all white and all black WORLD CUP KITS for a WORLD CUP GAME, shocking.
This game is gong to crash and burn when it comes up against rugby challenge, which has more game modes, more game modes, better animations and mechanics, a new lineout system, a new scrum, ruck and maul system, a new offload mechanic, an extensive player creation centre and the ability to create your own set plays!

this is a shocking effort from hb studios!

That's very nice, kind sir. :D Thank you for your opinion! :lol:

The demo aint bad tbh, will probs end up getting but not on release, one thing I didnt like with the demo is you couldnt change your lineup or the oppositions kit, I wanted to play as SA in white but I couldnt then select England to play in red :p

But yeah it plays pretty well tbh, alot like 08 but I like it, chip kicking is pretty good and when going for a grubber there is alot lower of a chance of being hit and knocking it on this time which is good :) Havent really used setplays much, just the 1.

Also skonam if you're refering to the England ktis thats cause this build of the game is probs a few weeks or months old, as then they didnt know what the kits were gonna look like.. The full game will have Englands white and black kits.

Alsowhat is it with Penalty kicks the attacking team (who has the kick) the whole team just stands in a line 10m or so behind the kick?

Last edited:
That's very nice, kind sir. :D Thank you for your opinion! :lol:

im just trying to make the point that its not good enough, and not fair on consumers that developers can repackage old games and just treat the gaming community like idiots and expect them to lap it up like its the greatest thing since sliced bread. i understand that my negative comments may not be popular but i thing that it has to be said that this game is behind the times

with regards to changing oppositions kits you can, just press across to their direction in team select.

Dummies actually work, as in defenders get sucked to it (even CPU does) big big plus :D :D

Had a few one on ones against my 16 year old brother, and the little devil is pretty good (still beat him in both matches). Just wacked the french commentary on, quite fun indeed :D :D

Having not played the demo since I am a PS3 guy, I cannot provide any qualitative statements on it. However, until then, I bring you:

Thing I Have Learned From Reading This Thread

1. The word 'gutted' has to be the most overused word in this forum and the RC forum (not limited to this thread)
2. People who whine about certain things really need to learn to read re: Game difficulty, camera angle and world cup kits
3. 'Haters gonna hate' should not be considered an adequate argument, but it is nice to see people accepting the opinions of those who voice them properly.
4. Disliking the demo doesn't make you a troll, coming on here and *****ing like a 3 year old does.

Looking forward to seeing the demo for myself tomorrow.

As TrueSlawter said, this will have been handed across to Microsoft/Sony long before the kits were released yesterday...
I mean, the demo was announced on 20th July, so you'd have to expect that Microsoft/Sony would've had it before then, to work out when to release it

Latest posts