• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

in the final version of the game will the graphics get any better ?

love the demo and when world of union comes on i feellike i'm about to play my-self:D:D:D

Well I've played it to death tonight, and i quite frankly can't wait to play the full version on the 26th. Its a solid game, yes i'm disappointed that its not a huge leap from 08, but to me its enough to justify a purchase. The Commentary is very fluid, and it annoys me that i find the Barnes/Harrison combo enjoyable :( :( Not good, Barnes annoys me when commentating and i'm dreading the England v Wales match on Saturday. Some bugs are still there, but overall i found it extremely enjoyable, and its just frustrating that its only side cam, getting smashed by the full back a lot, not gonna happen with "end to end" cam :p (Watched a few youtube vids, and haters will hate). Bring on August 26th :D

Commento costruttivo!

anyway, you're right, but I followed the development of this game too long to don't have my say, and then this is a forum, so everyone can express their ideas. If you don't like my posts don't answer me! And then I can't stop, I enjoy reading answers like that! :D

I can only imagine how difficult it is to create a competitive game! Unfortunately they did not succeed this time, I am the first to feel sorry! (I wrote this last part right?)

However, it is fun, copies will be sold all over the world!

Ah I only have a very basic grasp of bits of Italian ;)
Guess you have a point there, but the same logic does apply to you always going on about how much you don'et like the game!

Anyways, played a few games on it, and quite frankly it just feels completely different from 06/08, can definitely see where the TRF guys at the playtest were coming from when they said that. I lost the first half I played 10 - 6, mostly because I tried to play it like I do 06/08. One of the tactics I use quite a lot in the earlier games is I send a winger free down the blindside and then cut back inside to pass down the backline to score with someone on the opposite wing. Could not do this in the game, as despite what people say, the bunching was no-where near as bad. Wasn't perfect at all, but the only time I noticed it was when my mate pointed it out to me. Was quite impressed by the AI too, even if it was on easy. Found it harder to break down the defence than in 06/08, and SA scored a cracking try with Fourie after a nicked line out, couple of rumbles by the forwards then a lovely dummy for Fourie to go under the posts. Haven't tried the dummies or chip kick yet, about to try and use them now. Haven't used the set plays at all yet, mostly because I never used to use them in 06/08.
All in all, enjoyed the game a lot, not perfect, could've been improved in a lot of ways, but this was gonna be the decider for me for whether I'd pre-order or not: hell yes I am :D about to do so now!

Thanks for the video DrSqiggle, the commentary is really good graphics very sub par but shouldn't stop people playing it if they enjoy it. I have RC pre ordered and still waiting to try the demo of RWC2011
I don't think I will be buying this ***le new as for me being NZ its a little limited :(. But it does look a bit of fun, part arcade/ sim mix probably best enjoyed played with friends.

EVERYONE, EVERYONE!!!! If you read through this thread you will find one thing that is common, the people who have played it multi person, in general, have all said it is a good and fun game.!!!!!! This is due to the AI offering zero challenge, particularly for those of us who have played rugby games. Most reviews out there have praised the game, unlike other previews, of other past rugby games, and past sports games.
I used to hate the feel of the fifa and pes demo, they always felt incomplete and un satisfying , yet a liked both games of fifa and pes, and for different reasons. And again people, the rucks and forward play are handled completely different in this game, you will see this with the other difficulty settings, when you are forced to sometimes drive with your forwards, and forced to use first player to ruck if you want to retain control of the ruck when your player with the ball runs away from your forward support. (It is not the same, it is not the same, it is not the same,:) Take the time to learn the new features.(Now saying this I am not saying it will be better then past systems, time will tell) At first glance if you understand how the new system works it does look like it will be the better system.
Certain things will be better in this game!!! fact.
And certain things will be better in RC.!!!! fact.
Cheers and Salud

People were saying from playtests thats superman tackles were rare and that rushing up and tackling the first reciver was an 08 issue that is now gone... no its not. Been able to do it all night, leaping 5m at least if not 10 to get to first reciver and take him down (ill try get a video if i need proof).
and also, i scored a try by breaking off the back of a maul, from a lineout, with cole (the english prop) shoulder charged one bok outta the way, fended another and got in under the posts... from the english 22!!! that cant be ralistic?

Well I've played it to death tonight, and i quite frankly can't wait to play the full version on the 26th. Its a solid game, yes i'm disappointed that its not a huge leap from 08, but to me its enough to justify a purchase. The Commentary is very fluid, and it annoys me that i find the Barnes/Harrison combo enjoyable :( :( Not good, Barnes annoys me when commentating and i'm dreading the England v Wales match on Saturday. Some bugs are still there, but overall i found it extremely enjoyable, and its just frustrating that its only side cam, getting smashed by the full back a lot, not gonna happen with "end to end" cam :p (Watched a few youtube vids, and haters will hate). Bring on August 26th :D

Hey dude, shouldn't you be in band practice. ha ,ha,. I agree with you, and the fact that you skipped your band practice to keep playing shows how much fun this game is.:lol:
Cheers and Salud

remember your playing it on easy as well.

even on easy dan cole should never be able to break away from a maul, run through the boks defence, shoulder the no.9, fend the FB and not get taken down by anybody before finishing his 78m gallop to the try line

I like the new rucking system. ​Sometimes I was just fixed on the rucks trying to secure them.

Hey dude, shouldn't you be in band practice. ha ,ha,. I agree with you, and the fact that you skipped your band practice to keep playing shows how much fun this game is.:lol:
Cheers and Salud

We're a good band, we only needed an hour ;) The journey to cardiff and back took up my time :p :p but in all honesty I'm sick of reading all the boring criticisms of the game its literally
"Its crap, i'm buying RC". Get creative FFS (Not you lionmaull).

Yes its a small step up from 08, but thats a good thing :D :D Played quite a few multiplayer games against my bro, and every match we've been itching for the second half option. Already getting some "drinking rules" together for my return to University in September ;) ;) We're gonna have a messy world cup cause of this :p :p

Had a look at that gameplay video posted by Squiggle... it would have been better posted by somebody who knew how to play the game - how many times did they fire the ball wide so quick and without any hesitation until there was no-one left to pass to and still he threw the pass anyways??? why?

A shame as they obviously have the kit to shoot good videos, if only they were better/more realistic in terms of their gameplay style!

I've had a few more games again tonight and while there are some issues, I'm still enjoying it immensely, despite the easiness.

One of the things I dislike is the poor AI punting for touch from either a freekick or penalty... they are very conservative. I've taken a note of alot of their kicks mainly from just inside their 22 or further outfield (either as SA or Eng) and have seen them always only aim their kick to gain a poor 10-20 yards up the touchline, when they have often been in the position to push for an awful lot more.

To the guys who have played the full version on higher difficulties, did you find the AI extended their defensive or penalty punts to touch to keep you pegged back even further.
The AI defensive kicks in open play have been varied in terms of kick type and length be they for touch or general clearance punts down into my 22, so its not that aspect, just from defensive penalties & freekicks.

In terms of bunching I have noticed some bad bunching but other occasions I've seen examples of little enough bunching to not think it wouldn't happen the same in a real match. So it seems to have been rectified to some extent but not "fixed".

Would have loved to have seen forward players been blocked from performing the sidestep move at any stage... should only be available to a designated back (or forward who can also play backs)

Oh, and can we still perform the high-tackle on demand/at a button press? I've had a few performed against me (playing against Eng) but not done any myself.

Playing this online should be very enjoyable (as long as the online setup is capable!)

Really like the drop goals, I feel like they have gotten the ranges right as well for many of the players, as well the goal kicking is superb when you get used to it, although I am using Flood and Steyn!!!

In my opinion it plays the same as 06/08 with minor improvements in some areas. The in game graphics are poor and the animations are dated. Presentation is nice and the commentary is by far the best feature. This is what 08 should have been 4 years ago. Sure its fun if you haven't already played 08 to death. All I can say is I am very disappointed and was expecting something different.

I'm not really disappointed... having followed the game for some time now, it's pretty much exactly what i was expecting.

A smooth flowing remake of Rugby 08 with a bit a shine and a new button-mashing rucking system... Thats pretty much it.

One thing that i am very pleased with is the commentary... I thought that having more than one commentary team could potentially mean that each team would seem pretty average, but they are all pretty good really.

Lastly, RWC offers next to nothing for NZ/Oz fans. With no licensed team, and no clubs, there's absolutely no reason to upgrade, unless someone really things the gameplay tweaks are worth $120 odd NZD (64 pounds!). RC offers something for everyone, with Northern Hemisphere clubs making up for the fact that the sides aren't licensed - and these players can be added to a number of NH squads anyway.

I guess we have Sidhe to thank for that ey invictus.. They are the ones withholding the licenses.

I'm not really disappointed... having followed the game for some time now, it's pretty much exactly what i was expecting.

A smooth flowing remake of Rugby 08 with a bit a shine and a new button-mashing rucking system... Thats pretty much it.

One thing that i am very pleased with is the commentary... I thought that having more than one commentary team could potentially mean that each team would seem pretty average, but they are all pretty good really.

People liked the commentary? I thought it was all rubbish. Didn't flow, and there lacked any intelligence to what was going on.

Rucks are one of the few positives. Button mashing can give away penalties i found, so not all that bad, but it is one of the improvements. Why some other parts like diving for try and then tackle affecting that still haven't been touched just baffles me.

People liked the commentary? I thought it was all rubbish. Didn't flow, and there lacked any intelligence to what was going on.

Rucks are one of the few positives. Button mashing can give away penalties i found, so not all that bad, but it is one of the improvements. Why some other parts like diving for try and then tackle affecting that still haven't been touched just baffles me.

I loved the commentary like the options of chossing what team I wanted and its all commentators that I liked.

Latest posts