• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: All Blacks - Argentina (09-10-2011, 20:30)

Neither did Cruden you one eyed mug, I've rewatched last nights game and he was at first receiver a fair chunk of the time, more so than Nonu was so give it a rest. See Mils etc at first receiver when Slade was on? Other people do slot in there sometimes, Cruden has had a week of training with these guys so is it a huge surprise he wasn't running the whole show?!

Haha, take it easy mate, no need for names.

I've always maintained that I like Cruden. The initial point I was making (and one that I've made for the last few weeks) was that he is not the clear cut above Slade that most people would have proposed before this tournament and he went nowhere last night to suggest this was the case. He's certainly not a bad player - and neither is Slade. Both boys can be thrown into the same boat.

Last edited:
Give it a rest Sam- you sound like a broken record.

As I said earlier- if you'd read my posts properly before you would have understood what I meant rather than picking ONE word out of the text and using it out of context, and in relation to the haka(??!!??) etc.

Just let it go.

Yeah you finally settled it. You admitted that the ABs were definately interested so just pick your words carefully, so we dont have to correct you brother.

All good, I think we both sound like broken records, I thought you said youve had your last word on this.

Hey you watch John Key on the news tonight?...how they couldnt get him to admit something he said, funny aye. Simple yes or no questions but cant answer them, you know what that means.

Last edited:
i will never forget the moment farias scored that try, me and my friends ended up lying on the floor throwing everything, i take much of this world cup, thanks pumas

Haha, take it easy mate, no need for names.

I've always maintained that I like Cruden. The initial point I was making (and one that I've made for the last few weeks) was that he is not the clear cut above Slade that most people would have proposed before this tournament and he went nowhere last night to suggest this was the case. He's certainly not a bad player - and neither is Slade. Both boys can be thrown into the same boat.

Apologies, didn't get that this was the point you were making. I thought you were anointing Slade as being better and having played well for the AB's so far. I agree that they're both the same sort of level.

Apologies, didn't get that this was the point you were making. I thought you were anointing Slade as being better and having played well for the AB's so far. I agree that they're both the same sort of level.

No worries. For the sake of this country's mental stability I really do hope that Cruden proves me wrong and has a blinder.

No worries. For the sake of this country's mental stability I really do hope that Cruden proves me wrong and has a blinder.

Likewise. I don't think I can actually watch the game. I'm going to record it, shut myself from the world then check the result when it's over. If we win I'll watch it, if we lose I'm steering clear of the internet for about a year.

Likewise. I don't think I can actually watch the game. I'm going to record it, shut myself from the world then check the result when it's over. If we win I'll watch it, if we lose I'm steering clear of the internet for about a year.

I know the feelling. I remember the last World Cup perfectly.

1. Woke up
2. Laughed at Australia losing to England
3. Watched 70 minutes of the game
4. Walked out of the room and clutched hair
5. Ran back in room to see we were still losing
6. Left room
7. Went back in room with 2 minutes to go. Watched rest of game standing up
8. Walked down stairs
9. Went outside
10. Punched ground for a good solid 5 minutes
11. Sulked

I think I'll watch the game with friends, drunk. If we lose I can drink till I don't care, if we win I'll watch it again in the morning.

I know the feelling. I remember the last World Cup perfectly.

1. Woke up
2. Laughed at Australia losing to England
3. Watched 70 minutes of the game
4. Walked out of the room and clutched hair
5. Ran back in room to see we were still losing
6. Left room
7. Went back in room with 2 minutes to go. Watched rest of game standing up
8. Walked down stairs
9. Went outside
10. Punched ground for a good solid 5 minutes
11. Sulked

I think I'll watch the game with friends, drunk. If we lose I can drink till I don't care, if we win I'll watch it again in the morning.

Haha I watched the England game after a big night out, slept through the first half of the AB game, saw the score and though "sweet as", went back to sleep. Woke up and the French had scored, McAlister was in the bin and Carter had hobbled off.. thought I was having a nightmare. Watched the rest of the game in shock.. then we took our frustrations out on the one flatmate who had money on France.

I know the feelling. I remember the last World Cup perfectly. 1. Woke up 2. Laughed at Australia losing to England 3. Watched 70 minutes of the game 4. Walked out of the room and clutched hair 5. Ran back in room to see we were still losing 6. Left room 7. Went back in room with 2 minutes to go. Watched rest of game standing up 8. Walked down stairs 9. Went outside 10. Punched ground for a good solid 5 minutes 11. Sulked I think I'll watch the game with friends, drunk. If we lose I can drink till I don't care, if we win I'll watch it again in the morning.
haha i think you just described how every new zealander watched the game. it was so quiet at our household after that game, it was pretty much quiet around the whole country.

Pocock did what McCaw does and is labelled man of the match. McCaw does it and is labelled a cheat. Love the hypocrites.

Bouhaha...
You don't really see the matches. One was in the rules, the other played an other sport.
Mc Caw is a big problem for rugby...

Tu ne serais pas un peu suce-boules toi ?

That's been spreading around Facebook since Sunday. Very funny.

Bouhaha...
You don't really see the matches. One was in the rules, the other played an other sport.
Mc Caw is a big problem for rugby...

Tu ne serais pas un peu suce-boules toi ?

Right...care to provide evidence or is it just the desperate ramblings of an idiot?

They weren't great but I was pretty happy with what the boys did. The Argentinians clearly had a plan to kill the ball when the All Blacks were in the red zone and so we were able to consistently pick up three points. If anything the scoreboard flattered them in that first half.

Was a bad defensive lapse by Read for the Argentinian try with McCaw and Williams also not covering themselves in glory. There were also a couple of other breaks through defensive lapses but they were cleared up by good cover defense. Perhaps a little creaky at times but we only gave up ten points so not too unhappy.

But I have to give credit to Argentina though. They were very very good at slowing our ball down and disrupting everything we were trying to do. There was so much time spent with Weepu standing over slow ball at the back of a breakdown but that's really only a reflection of the good job Argentina did in that area. But we dealt with it well. We continued to dominate possession and territory and pick up the points when they were available - exactly what we should expect from the boys. Also what of the revelations about Jane and his drinking, along with these injuries?

A solid 7/10 for the overall performance. Room for improvement but perfect preparation for the semi-final next weekend.
Argentina contributed to their own downfall in my view with the six penalties they have away. They did do well as you would expect, even if they don't have the power in their pack like 2007. The last fifteen minutes is what really mattered and that is when you played some of your best rugby and blew them away, so credit when it is due. Argentina would embrace the four nations and the potentialy they have is staggering. Australia will be tough for you lot, you just have to hope Ashley Cooper has a shocker again and it doesn't bode well that every winner has beaten a previous holder of the World Cup along the way!

It annoyed me in this match how much Richie McCaw got away with, same with Pocock in the South Africa match

and that penalty for a "high tackle" was never a penalty he slipped into it and it wasn't that bad a tackle anyway

Look on the up, you have got to be in it to win it, :D. We are home doing the usual inquest, who is to blame stuff.

There's an inquest??? How very civilised.

Whenever something goes horribly wrong with the All Blacks the New Zealand villagers find the nearest pitchforks and axes, light several thousand torches and go on a wild goosechase for the obvious culprit.

2003 ab.jpg

Well, I want too see the game again... but well done by the abs, you r definitively the best. I think the whole score doesn't reflect the match but..

Proud of our team, that reached the peak in 2007, many injuries... One bloody test match in the year... the RWC draw kill us too and also those penalties against or inexperience with England... jaja

We are going to improve with the 4 nations, take it for granted.

i will never forget the moment farias scored that try, me and my friends ended up lying on the floor throwing everything, i take much of this world cup, thanks pumas

i will never forget that moment neither, we (me and my friends) celebrate like a goal in the Final of Fifa World Cup (the live so much the football): friends that don't watch rugby and don't know how long a game.

pumas transmit moments like that ("Eso transmiten los pumas")..

i am sorry for my english..

Latest posts