• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: Ireland - Wales (08-10-2011, 18:00)

'ere mush

Wurzels are from Zummerzet, formed in Nailsea, the town where I have spent the last 8 years living in.

I'm so delighted, proud of the lads. Don't really know how to react if I'm honest, well except from stocking up of beer and getting shitfaced.

"And we were singing, hymns and arias, land of my fathers, ar hyd y nos"
I actually knew that come to think of it...I always associate them with cornwall however.

Apparently Wayne Rooney's Dad was browsing the forum.....

(Although I won 200 on it :D )

:lol:

But no, seriously there wasn't any bet there when I checked (the total on the main page was also a little over 3000)

I call for an enquiry!

Shoot me now...got up to watch the rodgering of our national side with a bloody league match today....

:lol:

But no, seriously there wasn't any bet there when I checked (the total on the main page was also a little over 3000)

I call for an enquiry!

I don't know. It could be a glitch in the vBookie software. Maybe it didn't update until later on. It's not possible to make a bet after the match starts because I set the closing of the bets to the moment of kick-off.

Congratulations Wales. I thoroughly enjoyed the match, and thought Wales deserved the win - I hope the England v France game will be of similar quality. I really like the way Wales play - if the AB's get knocked out before the final I will definitely be supporting them.

Last edited:
The backlines have some massive quality with Foden, Ashton, Tuilagi, Youngs, Clerc, Rougerie, Medard, Parra... The attributes for running rugby are there. No hope it won't turn into a kicking comp.

I don't know. It could be a glitch in the vBookie software. Maybe it didn't update until later on. It's not possible to make a bet after the match starts because I set the closing of the bets to the moment of kick-off.

That was my initial guess, as it was actually a reference to a large sum earlier in the thread that made me look.

Controversy is more exciting though :p

Well done Wales
I'm disappointed for Ireland, but still proud of my boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least I won my Vbet :(
Well done Wales you completely outclassed us and unfortunately Ireland just never really or weren't allowed to turn up.

That was my initial guess, as it was actually a reference to a large sum earlier in the thread that made me look.

Controversy is more exciting though :p

You want controversy? Don't you get enough of that in South Africa?

Wales try scoring record at RWC ain't bad either though. The 12 point margin was based on Wales getting on the scoreboard ticking early and making Ireland chase the game. That's my positive version of how the game could pan out. As mentioned previously, my negative thoughts don't paint such a pretty picture. I'm sticking with my positive version otherwise I ain't going to sleep tonight as early panic will set in.
I'm off to do the lottery now. Picked France to win as well.Sorry to see the Irish go and bad luck to their fans on here. A deserved win from a Welsh team that are playing at a level they haven't done for a long time. Looking forward to the Semi.

Ok so I've spent the last two hours doing things like looking up at the sky and shouting WHY GOD WHY, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME!!!! But I'm over that now and it's time to look to the future, the old guard had their chance and blew it. Now it's time to go home and start rebuilding, what I wouldn't give to have coach like Deans or Gatland who aren't afraid to give youth their chance. Time to get rid of all the players that won't be at the next WC, time to bring in guys like Conway, Macken, Ryan, Ruddock, Strauss, Hagan, Mcgrath, Gilroy, Spence, Marshall, Griffin, O'Halloran, Nagle, Foley, Butler, O'Mahony, Sherry, Keatley, Zebo.

For the first time in our history we have plenty of talented players coming through to rebuild a very good team. We should be taking a leaf out of Wales' book, they've shown the way and I'll be cheering for them all the way to the final hopefully.

Things could be worse, you could be this guy

my mate put £500 on ireland to beat wales @ 5/4....im holding my breath for him

Great game, thought Wales would win and they did :). Geuss I have to support Wales now.

Oh yeh, Warburton > O'brien.

Great game, thought Wales would win and they did :). Geuss I have to support Wales now.

Oh yeh, Warburton > O'brien.

Yeah he proved he was a better 7 today and thats what Ireland were missing, a real 7. (For once George Hook was right)
Its a sad day for Irish rugby Ronan O'Gara and Gordon D'Arcy probably won't play for Ireland again and I'd be surprised to see brilliance from Brian O'Driscoll, Paul O'Connell and Rory Best ever again.

I'd still rather have O'Brien at 6 than Warburton at 7 on my team so it's not really a fair comparison.

Yeah he proved he was a better 7 today and thats what Ireland were missing, a real 7. (For once George Hook was right)
Its a sad day for Irish rugby Ronan O'Gara and Gordon D'Arcy probably won't play for Ireland again and I'd be surprised to see brilliance from Brian O'Driscoll, Paul O'Connell and Rory Best ever again.

I'd still rather have O'Brien at 6 than Warburton at 7 on my team so it's not really a fair comparison.

Agreed, sad day for me(England) last time I will see Jonny Wilkinson play in a RWC match. Life long fan. Cueto, Shaw, Tindal, Moody. All great servants of English rugby.

Ok so I've spent the last two hours doing things like looking up at the sky and shouting WHY GOD WHY, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME!!!! But I'm over that now and it's time to look to the future, the old guard had their chance and blew it. Now it's time to go home and start rebuilding, what I wouldn't give to have coach like Deans or Gatland who aren't afraid to give youth their chance. Time to get rid of all the players that won't be at the next WC, time to bring in guys like Conway, Macken, Ryan, Ruddock, Strauss, Hagan, Mcgrath, Gilroy, Spence, Marshall, Griffin, O'Halloran, Nagle, Foley, Butler, O'Mahony, Sherry, Keatley, Zebo.

For the first time in our history we have plenty of talented players coming through to rebuild a very good team. We should be taking a leaf out of Wales' book, they've shown the way and I'll be cheering for them all the way to the final hopefully.

Things could be worse, you could be this guy

which one? the one holding his breath or one who's put a bet down.:lol:

I always liked Johnny a class player and a class man as well, we all knew the end of these players would end but it all comes too quickly and cruelly.

Well 1 thing is looking good. The Lions Tour in 2 years time could be 1 of the best squads we've ever sent if big guys live up to their names.
Imagine a backrow of 6. Ferris 7. Warburton 8. O'Brien. I know alot will happen between now and then and others have smashing chance too but really think there is serious amount of talent in all 4 nations.

Latest posts