• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: Springboks - Wallabies (09-10-2011, 18:00)

Bryce was horrible to us all game. What was the penalty count? I don't it indicates him favoring us. Not to mention all the knock on calls that went against us.

SA were cheating equally as much as Pocock. (Pocock just did whatever he was letting SA do). They were offside, we were offside. So what? It would take blinkers from one side or another to say Bryce was favoring anyone.

I don't think Lawrence favoured anyone (however those two 'mauls' at the end will be pointed out by many), just he was dire, I don't think he penalised anyone for hands in the ruck, of which there was plenty, but the vast majority was on the Aussie side. For some reason the Boks didn't adapt and weren't willing to do the same, but at the end of the day they dominated possesion so wouldn't have made a world of difference.

Nothing in the whole game went our way. Every 50/50 call went to Aus. There were 5 turnovers on the Australian 5m line, of which 3 were illegal. That's a potential 9 points. Lambie's drop goal... Butter fingers du Preez. We should have thrashed Australia the way we played. I guess Bryce just didn't like the thought.

I don't think Lawrence favoured anyone (however those two 'mauls' at the end will be pointed out by many), just he was dire, I don't think he penalised anyone for hands in the ruck, of which there was plenty, but the vast majority was on the Aussie side. For some reason the Boks didn't adapt and weren't willing to do the same, but at the end of the day they dominated possesion so wouldn't have made a world of difference.

I reckon the only ref in the world capable of taking that game was Craig Joubert. But for as long as we are stuck with silly rules that assume refs are bias, we will get stuck with some very average refereeing performances :)

I think you will be in a vast minority there, this year Bryce Lawrence has been by far the worst referee I have seen.

Oh, he has been terrible this year and was terrible in the super 15. I don't think he was especially bad today or that he was especially bad to South Africa.

Well. after 40 years of amateur rugby I stopped watching these 'professional' games because of all the illegal tricks and bad referees, not being corrected by the IRB.
This rugby is not my game anymore.

Bryce Lawrence can go suck on a bunch of baby d*cks!!! Australia where not rolling away at breakdowns, never released the player after tackling him and most of all Pocock never supports his own body weight when stealing the ball!!!

Not even the NZers complained this much after South Africa poisoned them in 1995 to steal the RWC. jeeeez

Bryce Lawrence can go suck on a bunch of baby d*cks!!! South Africa where not rolling away at breakdowns, never released the player after tackling him and most of all the SA backrow never supports their own body weight when stealing the ball!!!

Fixed for you.

Amazingly it still accurately describes the game! SA didn't convert their pressure into points, blame the officials if you want, or maybe give the blame to the people who really deserve it. Your attack coaches. There was more creativity in Quade Cooper's shoelace than SA's whole backline tonight.

Bryce was horrible to us all game. What was the penalty count? I don't it indicates him favoring us. Not to mention all the knock on calls that went against us.

SA were cheating equally as much as Pocock. (Pocock just did whatever he was letting SA do). They were offside, we were offside. So what? It would take blinkers from one side or another to say Bryce was favoring anyone.

I think there was about 10/15 minutes in the second half where lawrence lost complete control of the game and seemed like anything goes. The second half he was bad for both teams. 1st half i think the boks got the raw deal. Boks should have started with Bismarck, Alberts and Hougaard......ill never understand the springbok selections.
Dont think australia can take much confidence out of that game going into the semis. The lineout was an abortion and quade cooper was seriously ****. McCabe and Beale look like part of the injury toll.

Now you Saffa fans no what it's like for a referee to destroy your world cup chances. Bryce Lawrence is the second coming of Wayne Barnes

Fixed for you.

Amazingly it still accurately describes the game! SA didn't convert their pressure into points, blame the officials if you want, or maybe give the blame to the people who really deserve it. Your attack coaches. There was more creativity in Quade Cooper's shoelace than SA's whole backline tonight.

Stop being a retard. Australia were pathetic whenever they got the ball. We were far better than you on attack. But when you make 60m, get into the opposition 22m, then have an illegal turnover against you, HOW THE **** CAN YOU CONVERT ANYTHING INTO POINTS? Cheats.

Bryce Lawrence can go suck on a bunch of baby d*cks!!! Australia where not rolling away at breakdowns, never released the player after tackling him and most of all Pocock never supports his own body weight when stealing the ball!!!

hmm reminds me of brussow

Latest posts