• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Scotland vs. Russia (09/10/2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
ozGqDLF.png

I2IwG7n.png
j7lEIMe.png
C7IIkhg.jpg

Venue: Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa
Time: 09:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Can we acknowledge that this fixture is a prime example of why bonus points are a good thing? There'd be almost zero interest for the neutral otherwise and it provides some motivation for Russian players to make an impact on the tournament.

Do Scotland play a relatively strong side to just double make sure they get the bonus point? They probably should.
Can we acknowledge that this fixture is a prime example of why bonus points are a good thing? There'd be almost zero interest for the neutral otherwise and it provides some motivation for Russian players to make an impact on the tournament.
But if it weren't for bonus points then points difference would be a big thing, and would that not be interesting? I guess maybe not so much because you don't really have a target except 'as much as possible' compared to bonus points where there is a concert 4th try to aim for.

Team is out for Scotland, really need a big win here Townsend also under a lot of scrutiny - there is a desperation to play one way and one way only most of the time and that is not a good policy when you can't execute it due to opposition pressure. Most of us were not expecting a win V Ireland but at least a tight game wasn't much to ask for. Part of me really does want Japan to do well at the same time so unless Samoa have been saving something....

Team selected should be good enough to get the bonus point, but this definitely has the potential to join other hilarious Scottish failures. There's not really anyone selected you'd be worried about, with the possible exception of Turner at hooker, and the backs should be fun to watch!

Horne Jr and Hastings hopefully will link up well and show some of the Glasgow from they have in the last season

Looks like Townsend is gambling on 2nd team getting the BP so that 1st team is fresh for Japan. If they don't get the BP it really puts Scotland under pressure against Japan.

Looks like Townsend is gambling on 2nd team getting the BP so that 1st team is fresh for Japan. If they don't get the BP it really puts Scotland under pressure against Japan.

It all but puts us out, unless the typhoon comes to our rescue. Think it's the right call though, can't see our team team beating Japan with a four day turnaround.

Very sensible throwing the the Glasgow players together. The Hornes and Hastings are all very attack orientated too, so I think the BP will come without too much strain.

Russia definitely up for this. Cracking start. Scotland definitely chasing the bonus point, but not accurate enough at the moment.

Russia's defensive organisation is poor, which is bad against a team who at least pose a half decent attack. Scotland celebrating tries like they are playing NZ highlights the pressure that they are under.

Russia started well, then imploded after the first try.

Which sides don't celebrate tries when they're after the bonus point?

All teams celebrate trys. I just felt it was very passionate considering the level of opposition (with respect to Russia). Not a knock, loving the intensity of this pool. Any other game against Russia there wouldn't be that passion.

All teams celebrate trys. I just felt it was very passionate considering the level of opposition (with respect to Russia). Not a knock, loving the intensity of this pool. Any other game against Russia there wouldn't be that passion.

Fair. Yeah, pressure is on as we're effectively out without the bonus point!

Anyone know why Brown went off?

Looked alright on the sidelines. Would've been great going in at half time with the 5 points in the bag but we should get a 4th try in second half. Russia look gassed they've played a game more than us in roughly the same number of days so no wonder

Latest posts