• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] France vs Italy (06/10/2023)

10-0 already. Looks more than a tad ominous. As an aside, do the refs ever speak the language(s) of the teams in question? (Wayne Barnes being a partial exception).

Jokes on them though. They could easily have ended that play far earlier by kicking it from outside the 22 and letting Italy have the ball back. That's how a proper team does it.

France are kicking plenty....

The French are looking in the mood. This could become a blowout.

Italy are a joke, totally on the union too. Why would you get rid of Crowley and give him a WC with no reason to be motivated.
The head of the union is meant to be a bit of a populist / bombastic character. Crowley comes out with weird quotes and struggles to get top jobs despite clear ability. I suspect both may have a personailty clash that led to him getting binned off the most promising 6N ever. 100% baseless speculation on my part.

France are kicking plenty....
Yeah, but when they are in the opponents half they almost always keep the ball in hand, not aimless kicking it like England and hope for a mistake. They kick at the right times, not just because Borthwick says so.

Jokes on them though. They could easily have ended that play far earlier by kicking it from outside the 22 and letting Italy have the ball back. That's how a proper team does it.
Looks like they heard you, but doing it right.

Italy should have realized that giving up against New Zealand meant France would try to one up New Zealand.

Pretty sure Ramos looks like Frenchie from The Boys.

If Italy can keep it tight in the first 20mins I can see them scoring a couple of tries and keeping it within 18 points. I don't think that will happen. Crowley is mentally on a plane to Japan and its impacting on the squad.

France 47 - 6 Italy
I turned it on 15 mins and read this...

The head of the union is meant to be a bit of a populist / bombastic character. Crowley comes out with weird quotes and struggles to get top jobs despite clear ability. I suspect both may have a personailty clash that led to him getting binned off the most promising 6N ever. 100% baseless speculation on my part.
I fully expect Crowley to come out and bash the union after this game tbh.

Yeah, but when they are in the opponents half they almost always keep the ball in hand, not aimless kicking it like England and hope for a mistake. They kick at the right times, not just because Borthwick says so.

Are you watching this game? When Penaud just kicked a grubber out for touch. When they kicked but caught for being offside when they could have kept the ball. Plays that would have been crucified if England did it.