• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spring Tour: Australia v Wales - 3rd Test. (23/06/2012 05:00 GMT)

Sealing off there all over. Joubert was not even looking, did not want to cause any controversy.

Congrats Australia.

Nice test series, surprised we won all 3. Wales got so close probably deserved a better result.

Good to see a winning culture building in the Wallabies, Barnes is playing himself into that 10 jersey too.

God damnit!!!!!! What were we meant to do? I don't know what to say, so much s**t from Jourbert.

Disgusted. Australia didnt have to do mich and won. Wales schoolboy errors and lost the game themselves. We played nothing like we did for the grand slam and that's why we lost.

Joubert certainly missed some big calls today.

NZ and SA will not give AUS that much breathing space though

Last edited:
I'm getting pretty fed up of this happening time and time again. Fed up of losing like this, it feels worse than they days we were shite and getting 40 points put on us was a certainty. At least you know where you stand and dont get put through this bloody nervous agony.

I agree. Was a good game of closely matched teams.

Well done to Wales, they'd clearly worked on their game since the 2nd test in certain aspects, while I think perhaps Australia played about the same as they'd played all test.

Game could have gone either way, however not going to be unhappy with the result.

Congrats Austrailia. Wales haven't really played well at any stage throughout the series. But man, I don't think we got any 50/50 decision in any of the three tests. A NH ref once in a while would be nice, because there's a big difference in the interpretation of the breakdown between the two hemispheres.

Unlucky to go down 3-0, could have easily been the other way round.

What a pathetic refereeing display. Ruined us. We couldn't have won with that cheating p***k with the whistle

Congrats Austrailia. Wales haven't really played well at any stage throughout the series. But man, I don't think we got any 50/50 decision in any of the three tests. A NH ref once in a while would be nice, because there's a big difference in the interpretation of the breakdown between the two hemispheres.

Unlucky to go down 3-0, could have easily been the other way round.

It seemed a bit bizarre that there were SH refs for all three of Australia's matches, but NH refs for all of the AB's matches. Surely mixing it up a bit would have been a good idea!

I don't think either team played that well - for the third week in the row I've put a few dollars on Wales at the New Zealand TAB and they have let me down :(

Good game overall for Joubert, kept the backrowers under control, most turnovers were completely legit, and he got the illegal ones. Same, offside lines were pretty good. Not sure what people are having a sook about.

The problem with 50/50 decisions is that fans from either side believe every single one should go to their team, and when a few don't, it seems like the ref is against them.

Anyway, he's the best ref around, didn't make any major erros in law and did well this series, you can't ask for much more.

Well same problems as previous weeks. Silly unforced errors, too many penalties, and overall a poor kicking game. How did we win a grand-slam with a gameplan so flawed?? Overall our guys looked extremely tired after a long season. Hopefully injury to Warburton isn't overly serious!

The series has showed we're getting closer, and some expected a scalp in 1 of the tests, but would have been unrealistic to expect a series win as Australian commentators wrongly pointed out!! :p :p Cut out the unforced errors, and we may just get a win one day!

Wow that maul decision was bo****cks! No Aus player even came in to try and tackle, and Ryan notices and passes it out.

It seemed a bit bizarre that there were SH refs for all three of Australia's matches, but NH refs for all of the AB's matches. Surely mixing it up a bit would have been a good idea!

I don't think either team played that well - for the third week in the row I've put a few dollars on Wales at the New Zealand TAB and they have let me down ;)

I think the issue is the interpretation of the laws between NH and SH referees, which really there should not be.

Wow that maul decision was bo****cks! No Aus player even came in to try and tackle, and Ryan notices and passes it out.

Nah sorry Dull it was truck and trailor.

Wha'ts interpreted differently? The tackle?

NH in my opinion look more at players going off their feet and entering the ruck from the side. No doubt a certain someone will disagree but from what I have seen and watched for some time there are interpretations.

It was, but offside can only be called if there is contact with an opposition player. All Aus players stood off, so there can't be an offside.

Ye Dull it's something we do down our club. If ball is at the back and players are infront even with minimal contact it is offside, blocking etc. it was the correct call.

Last edited:

Latest posts