• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] Ireland vs South Africa

As feared the lineouts have been a disaster. Ireland can't get the ball.

As feared the lineouts have been a disaster. Ireland can't get the ball.

Not all due to Cronin however, SA have been very good at getting in the air. Calling could be better.

Decent first half but need to up a few gears to get a win.

We are doing very well but our scrum are starting to creak at times. Could be a worry as game goes on. Cronin has been very poor with darts. Even 1s we winning are dodgy. Great credit to Toner he's doing well to rescue them and is also key to disrupting balls too at mauls etc.

6_3 to Ireland but SA pushing and with the position but unable to finish ;Ireland very clever and bullish in defence., Conrad.

Not all due to Cronin however, SA have been very good at getting in the air. Calling could be better.

Decent first half but need to up a few gears to get a win.

While I'd agree regards SA being good but calling slightly handicapped by fact Cronins darts are awful. Every lineout bar the 1st dart has went to front for reason.

Who's the Irish guy doing the analysis on Sky?
He literally doesn't know maul rules. McGrath came in at the side then swam up the maul to sack it, and this guy's wanking himself off over it saying how amazing it was, when it should've been a SA penalty.

And??? I made a question...
Ireland are hammering SA 6-3.
The U.N have labelled Ireland's total slaughter of the SA maul a hate crime and are expected to send in troops to subjugate our total dominance. I fully expect the South African team to desert at half time and flee to the mountains.

He literally doesn't know maul rules. McGrath came in at the side then swam up the maul to sack it, and this guy's wanking himself off over it saying how amazing it was, when it should've been a SA penalty.

Looks like Ireland hadn't engaged when McGrath ran up, so no maul.

While I'd agree regards SA being good but calling slightly handicapped by fact Cronins darts are awful. Every lineout bar the 1st dart has went to front for reason.

That not true at all, the first steal was at the back and was the second throw so you're already wrong about not going past the front after the first one and that was a fine throw just Mohojo got up superbly. I'd say only one of their steals could be put down to Cronin at all and that was just slightly underthrown.

We need to add more movement to our lineout.

It wasn't a maul because Ireland didn't engage it.

That's part of our smart maul defense ;). It's not illegal because no maul is formed as the front haven't touched anyone.

EDIT: We add movement win the lineout and get over. Lovely.

Last edited:
Screw you all!
I thought I actually noticed something in forward play!

I'd go back to watching the backs but there's not exactly been a massive amount this game so far :p

Ireland try!

Admire the commitment but no need for PO'M to go for that.

Hope he's ok.

Latest posts