• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 1: South Africa vs. Wales (17/10/2015)

A ridiculous pre-kick ritual is the mark of a good goal kicker. Pollard's is so bland its almost special in its own right but I feel he needs to develop it still. The lad is young though. He'll get there.

Shouldn't really make light of people who may be suffering mental health issues. NOT Dan Biggar but those who use drugs like ritalin. Just saying.

He needs to be put on Ritalin or something......

- - - Updated - - -

Will the ref give him another chance to kick if the Boks start to laugh and he misses?

Shouldn't really make light of people who may be suffering mental health issues. NOT Dan Biggar but those who use drugs like ritalin. Just saying.

Mate i need Ritalin for ADHD, it's not offensive don't worry! Thanks for the concern mind

He's doing the Biggarena!

FlatEveryAlligatorsnappingturtle.gif

lol did he just give his member a quick squeeze there?

Last edited:

My son uses Ritalin. ADHD, wouldn't call it mental health issue.........Just saying.

Last edited:
Alright. No need to divert the thread into a mental health debate...

stick to the topic even though there's not much news coming through at the moment.

I actually can't stand watching Farrell and Biggar kick, it really bothers me both of their routines.. weirdo's.

Eli Walker fit and in the squad bye bye Alex Cuthbert.

For next weekend keep the pack the same, keep the backs the same except North back on the one wing Walker on the other and Hook in the centre with Roberts, put Williams at 9 with Spikey P on the bench (davies lacked vision last Saturday and deserves to be dropped, several times he took the wrong option and in my opinion was the main culprit in our defeat.

We might have called back walker but the coaches have said he's not available for this weekend, so we might have cuthbert starting again which is outrageous. I'd rather us player another player out of position on the wing instead

Yep just read Cuthbert in on the wing,gutted,he really needs to pull his finger out for this game.

Found this on Walesonline,fat bottomed props.......

[video]https://youtu.be/3znjMnsTCFM[/video]

Eli Walker will be fit for the semi final, North and Cuthbert on the wings this weekend with either Hook or Tyler Morgan in the centre according to the WRU.

I've asked the same question, here's the reply.

Not sure how accurate this is. But there you go.

It's a nervous tic.

When was younger a wasp flew down his shirt as he was about to kick a goal for his school in a school championship, it kept stinging him but he still took the kick but he was moving his body or over the place in the build up to the kick but he made it.

Now every kick he attempts he things of that wasps and has a nervous reaction.

Just going from what I have heard.

Think there is a rule that if you move forward or make a move that suggest you are going to kick then the opposition are allowed start running to try and charge down the conversion.

So as he was set up for the kick already he had to just get on with it.

Heard it was pretty bad for him, must be I guess for it to stay on his mind for so long.

Hasn't affected his kicking I guess.

Last edited:
If I were Welsh I would rather 14 men thean Cuthbert.

The empty space has the same hands and probably has a better defensive ability than him.

Yep just read Cuthbert in on the wing,gutted,he really needs to pull his finger out for this game.

If he can do something like this in the dying seconds to win the game I might, just might, be able to forgive him for the past 3 years.

<iframe src="http://gifs.com/embed/y48DQl" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="600" height="400" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);"></iframe>

Last edited:
Barnes to ref this match. I'm okay with this. It'd have been funny if he reffed France vs NZ due to the history there but oh, well.

- - - Updated - - -

Barnes to ref this match. I'm okay with this. It'd have been funny if he reffed France vs NZ due to the history there but oh, well.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Barnes is one of the referees that I think has improved vastly over the years. I'd actually say he's one of my favourites now, and is pretty consistent. I used to hate matches refereed by him, and I would always groan when it was revealed he would be reffing a Wales game. But he's so much better these days than some of the others *cough* George Clancy *cough*

Is Wales winning an upset when they are the Higher ranked Side?

Yup it would be an upset. Favouritsm is determined by all available information as opposed to world rankings. As a general rule bookies odds are a good indicator of who the favourites are. In this case SA are pretty strong favs so a Wales win would certainly be an upset.

On the likely Wales team, correct me if I am wrong, but despite all the Welsh injuries that forward pack has stayed pretty strong right? Are they full strength?

Also, in trying to cap this game I looked at the overall record of these two teams against each other. I had no idea SA were so dominant: Played 30 and only 2 wins to Wales.

Importnantly though, Wales did win the last one played late last year so this current group of players certainly has it in them to beat SA.

For me this is the game of the QFs, after watching most of Wales' games this RWC they are the team which has played with the most heart and commitment. That alone shouyld keep them close to SA, and if the bounce of the ball goes their way I reckon we could well see an upset here.

Another quick question, will this be a pseudo home game for the Welsh?

Latest posts