• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 2: Australia vs. Argentina (25/10/2015)

I wouldn't say they panic but i would say they can be a very temperamental team.

Good call.
I don't see Aussie panicking at all.

You are one of the few impartial Kiwis here, let me shake your hand

how_to_shake_hands.jpg

Actually, I'm not sure how much rugby Keyboard watches, but I think if he goes back and watches the Wallabies games from this year, it's been in the back end and the last 20 in particular that they've won a lot of them. And yes, Quade isn't playing lol

Yeah you're a good team that's for sure.
I think you're kind of in the same position as we were going into our game.
You know that you're the favorites, but you know it's a semifinal and the other team can do it on their day.
You also know that they'll bring a hard physical game at you.
Also the favorite tag in knockout matches sucks.

Also the favorite tag in knockout matches sucks.

Yeah, and that an advantage for the Aussies after the quarters. Many journalists, especially the UK's Media are challenging the ***le of favorite for the Aussies after the Scotland game and the comfortable Pumas win.

More pressure for the Pumas, the Sports Media in Argentina are also challenging the favoritism of the Aussies, which doesn't seem good for me. Knowing that the Pumas never have beaten a SANZAR nation in a WC.

More pressure for the Pumas, the Sports Media in Argentina are also challenging the favoritism of the Aussies, which doesn't seem good for me. Knowing that the Pumas never have beaten a SANZAR nation in a WC.
But they don't count here.
Argentinean players know what they can do and their real chances for tomorrow.
In my opinion, Aussies have a lot more pressure than Argies.

Yeah, and that an advantage for the Aussies after the quarters. Many journalists, especially the UK's Media are challenging the ***le of favorite for the Aussies after the Scotland game and the comfortable Pumas win.

Yeah but I think Argentina will see themselves as the underdog in this encounter and still feel like they are.
While you may never have beaten Aussie in a WC you have beaten them in the rc so it's not like you're team won't believe they can do it.
My biggest question is that Argentina targeted getting to the semis in this world cup.
They've achieved their goal coming into the tournament.
Can they back that up with another massive effort to make the final?
Mentally it will be very challenging.

¡Me tengo confianza che! mañana ganamos cagando y Macri fuerza la primera vuelta para completar un día glorioso :rolleyes:

¡Me tengo confianza che! mañana ganamos cagando y Macri fuerza la primera vuelta para completar un día glorioso :rolleyes:

So a win and a change of president? or is it a win and the elections going to secondary?

Like most neutrals I would love to see the Pumas really get stuck in and try to upset the apple cart but I do wonder what damage the Aussies are going to wreak out wide with their backline glitterati?
It is the RWC but the semi is a giddy height for most teams and composure under pressure will be absolutely key for the Pumas.

Actually, I'm not sure how much rugby Keyboard watches, but I think if he goes back and watches the Wallabies games from this year, it's been in the back end and the last 20 in particular that they've won a lot of them. And yes, Quade isn't playing lol

So far this RWC I'm pretty much on 100% for predictions. I'm predicting this will be a yellow-card fest. And that's what will cost The Wallabies this game. Way too many off sides, poor exiting of breakdowns.

Your reading comprehension is quite frankly appalling.

If you are going to start making personal comments about my standard of English, I'd suggest you remove yourself from the glass house first:

1.Post 364: 'So, in a nutshell, you are asking question to which you already know the answers to.' Is it meant to be 'a question' or 'questions'? And the final 'to' is also a grammatical error, being redundant.
2.Post 379: 'Your reading comprehension is quite frankly appalling.' should be: 'Your reading comprehension is, quite frankly, appalling.'

I can hear the glass shattering from here.

Last edited:
So far this RWC I'm pretty much on 100% for predictions. I'm predicting this will be a yellow-card fest. And that's what will cost The Wallabies this game. Way too many off sides, poor exiting of breakdowns.

Fair play to you for making a strong call, lets see how this pans out.
I will return to lay garlands at your altar should you be correct and if Aussie end up in a miracle situation where they can't get passed the Pumas, then I'll even buy you a beverage.
Who knows, the Pumas could roll the AB's in the final.
The RWC is a strange place.

Cliffy and Cruz, play nicely lads, remember this thread is not about grammar diction, comprehension or syntax, it's about who is going to win the second semi final of the glorious Rugby World Cup.
Aussie did an awesome hatchet job on the hosts in the pool game then they struggled somewhat against Wales and Scotland but... they won those games despite playing poorly by their own high standards.
The Wallabies are due a good strong game and the Pumas are in uncharted territory.
I can see the yellow machine cranking up another gear if the Pumas let their foot off the gas for any period of the game later today.
Never forget the quality, experience and desire in the Wallaby backline.
Those boys want to win it and they have been out in the cold as the third team in the RC for too long. They crave the results they need to restore them to the top of the heap where they dwelled under King Eales.
It's been a fair old while since the Wallabies were world champions and this squad has the quality to go all the way.
The very recent rejuvenation of their forward pack is seeing their backs get go forward ball on a steady platform and they are world beaters against anyone on the planet when they get a head of steam up as they did in Sydney a couple of months ago and beat the AB's.
My head says Wallabies by 12 points.

Last edited:
Are both these semis at twiks or something? Just wondering coz it seems rather daft that the Ab's now get an extra day to recover before the final when they could of just played both these games on the same day??

Not that im complaining or anything just seems silly.

Fair play to you for making a strong call, lets see how this pans out.
I will return to lay garlands at your altar should you be correct and if Aussie end up in a miracle situation where they can't get passed the Pumas, then I'll even buy you a beverage.
Who knows, the Pumas could roll the AB's in the final.
The RWC is a strange place.

Cliffy and Cruz, play nicely lads, remember this thread is not about grammar diction, comprehension or syntax, it's about who is going to win the second semi final of the glorious Rugby World Cup.
Aussie did an awesome hatchet job on the hosts in the pool game then they struggled somewhat against Wales and Scotland but... they won those games despite playing poorly by their own high standards.
The Wallabies are due a good strong game and the Pumas are in uncharted territory.
I can see the yellow machine cranking up another gear if the Pumas let their foot off the gas for any period of the game later today.
Never forget the quality, experience and desire in the Wallaby backline.
Those boys want to win it and they have been out in the cold as the third team in the RC for too long. They crave the results they need to restore them to the top of the heap where they dwelled under King Eales.
It's been a fair old while since the Wallabies were world champions and this squad has the quality to go all the way.
The very recent rejuvenation of their forward pack is seeing their backs get go forward ball on a steady platform and they are world beaters against anyone on the planet when they get a head of steam up as they did in Sydney a couple of months ago and beat the AB's.
My head says Wallabies by 12 points.

Nice comment, sir.

I`ve got a gift for you... :lol:

che guevara rugby.png

Sorry, your two wishes will not happend. Anyway, Go Pumas!