• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 3: Scotland vs Wales (25/02/2017)

I don't know what it is about Wales management but they seem to refuse to give new blood a chance, even when they are the inform players at regional level.

I don't know what it is about Wales management but they seem to refuse to give new blood a chance, even when they are the inform players at regional level.

Why use young and in form players when you have established and infirm players?

Scotland could of been the perfect fixture to blood some new player , give a taste of a real test match atmosphere , We have a lot of young talent in Wales but they just are not getting their chance to shine and experience a test match atmsphere . There is no excuse for that bench tomorrow, you either start jamie Roberts ( which I for one don't want) or you exclude him from the squad , he is not an impact player he is a f**** warrenball player end of, he offers no versatility at all! Also Dacey should of been on the bench .It's about time this management grew some balls. Blooding should of began after our departure from the World cup in 2015

Last edited:
Why use young and in form players when you have established and infirm players?

??? I'm not on about the players that are playing well. I'm about players like Cuthbert and Baldwin who haven't played well for a while but get picked ahead of players who are playing better than them at the moment.

??? I'm not on about the players that are playing well. I'm about players like Cuthbert and Baldwin who haven't played well for a while but get picked ahead of players who are playing better than them at the moment.

Sarcasm I think, my dear

The selections going on are hopeless.

How has Jake Ball become the second choice second row for Wales? Charteris is miles better and shows it every time he's given a significant chance to do so. By the way I thought Jake Ball had a good game against England but he's still not in the same class.

And how is Francis a forward-looking selection - got to be honest I don't watch Samson Lee frequently but certainly a better prospect.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone seen the latest Alun Wyn Jones interview on BBC Sport. He's so passive aggressive with the media. Especially towards the end. Here it is incase anyone is interested. Reckon he's just pumped for tomorrow?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/39080666

Ha, "Belligerent" was a slightly unfortunate choice of words. Not the one he was searching for I think.
To be fair the reporter asked a fairly uninteresting question of him and then when he didn't get a response directly to it, asked it again. That might annoy me too. Definitely don't think Jones was built for the captains spotlight!

Sports interviewers annoy me so much. Their role isn't to pin the subject down like they're a politician, its to get them enthusing about the details of their passion like they're an artist. It's a collaborative experience and they go out there for combat. Eff em.

Sports interviewers annoy me so much. Their role isn't to pin the subject down like they're a politician, its to get them enthusing about the details of their passion like they're an artist. It's a collaborative experience and they go out there for combat. Eff em.

Agreed, but the questions were pretty standard. The last question where he asked "Has this 6 Nations felt any different as captain and what have the elements outside of playing been like" are good questions and perfectly reasonable. He is the captian after all and he replies like a complete dick.

Hadn't thought about it like that, but I agree now you mention it. Maybe not combat as such but I think most sports journalists try to give sportsmen a banana skin to avoid. The enticement is to get them to say something accidentally or purposefully arrogant so they can make a big deal of it.

Hadn't thought about it like that, but I agree now you mention it. Maybe not combat as such but I think most sports journalists try to give sportsmen a banana skin to avoid. The enticement is to get them to say something accidentally or purposefully arrogant so they can make a big deal of it.

100% agree with that. But you play the game as opposed to being passive aggressive. EJ does this so well!

Wow didn't realise Scotland V Wales is the highest attendance ever in the tournament history 104,000 packed into Murrayfield in 1975 , pretty special!

Ha, "Belligerent" was a slightly unfortunate choice of words. Not the one he was searching for I think.
To be fair the reporter asked a fairly uninteresting question of him and then when he didn't get a response directly to it, asked it again. That might annoy me too. Definitely don't think Jones was built for the captains spotlight!

I was surprised at Alyn-Wyn's aggressive and unrevealing approach in this clip. I wonder whether he was asked something that he wasn't happy about earlier in the day. It seemed unusually forward for him - particularly as has been fine in plenty of other interviews which have directed questions to him about being captain.

We'll see as time goes on. In some ways, I'm not that bothered with how he is with the media. It's how he is with his teammates and on the field that really counts I guess.

Some people just don't like the media, as Bluemoon said its his role in the team that matters.

Alun Wyn Jones was nothing compared to Jake Ball's interview with the BBC- quoted as "gaining confidence in his ability to dominate games". I didn't actually notice him especially in the England match...

Dear Jockistan,

I don't believe in you any more. You've had more false dawns than -

Oh gods, John Lacey, maybe I don't want to watch this match after all.

Anyway. Basically, Scotland's been threatening to be decent for a while and never being there. This is their chance to overturn that. Fingers crossed for them.

Alun Wyn Jones was nothing compared to Jake Ball's interview with the BBC- quoted as "gaining confidence in his ability to dominate games". I didn't actually notice him especially in the England match...

They have to be nice to him cause of that one time they accidentally called him Jake Ballsack

Latest posts