• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 3: Scotland vs Wales (25/02/2017)

It's certainly a physical game. Wonder who can keep it up the longest.

Scotland are currently the quickest to get over the ball and compete in the tournament. They're not the strongest over the ball but they make up for that.

Correct me if wrong, but I thought that the maul doesn't go to the defending site if the attacking player caught a kick?

(h) Scrum after a maul when catcher is held. If a player catches the ball direct from an opponent's kick, except from a kick-off or a drop-out, and the player is immediately held by an opponent, a maul may form. Then if the maul remains stationary, stops moving forward for longer than 5 seconds, or if the ball becomes unplayable, and a scrum is ordered, the team of the ball catcher throws in the ball.
'Direct from an opponent's kick' means the ball did not touch another player or the ground before the player caught it.

So that should have been a Scottish scrum, right? And now we have a Welsh try...

Wales building up nicely and then trying a miracle offload. They just need to be patient and the scores will come. Losing possession this many times in the opposition 22 is really wasteful. Good try there by Liam Williams.

Join everyone is being frustrated with Biggar, and with Webb's constant appealing in previous games. I know making an impression on the ref is part of the game, but leave that to Alyn Wyn and time it better or when there really is something to call for. This game is about respecting the ref and the opposition, even when they are testing the rules.

Latest posts