• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 2 (13&14/10/2018)

Gilroy is very frustrating. He can be excellent but every now and then dumbs it down. He's being tongue in cheek about Carbery.

My 2c would be that Carbery is better off getting a lot of game time at 10. I think he'd do better at Leinster due to quality of coaching if he was playing 10 regularly but Ross Byrne's presence complicates matters. The current situation is better for Carbery, Munster and Ireland. He's learning on the job and if he shows more consistency will be outstanding.
Joey is learning on the job but huge improvements showing. His game management and kicking have improved superbly. Now it's not comparable with Ross Byrne who always had top kicking game. Equally it pointless comparing the 2 playing as a running 10. It basically a preference of style that'd be debated.
I think Joey better off as he os still getting top coaching with Ireland and yes while he'd still probably get better backs coaching at Leinster he'd be gettimg it as a backup where as npw he gets it as the #1 playmaker.
And he has settled in excellently to be fair. And I think he looks alot happier now than he ever has and that's more because he has that extra responsibility and is the number 1 10.

@Groundhog you're bang on. He learnt in Castres and will learn more again over next few seasons but he is really seeing how the 10 role needs to boss. He studied Sexton and now has the keys to his own machine

Carbery will be with Munster until at least 2021, if trophies don't come then he'll probably move back.

I really like where he is right now and a start against one of the other five nations teams could be useful too. Munster was undeniably the correct move but it's ******* sickening losing one of your best talents to your rivals nonetheless, he gets no support from me playing for Munster tbh.

9 points would put both on 17 and munster would win on points difference, Chiefs -25 Munster 64 as it stands so unless we get BP wins and win by huge margins. Great if it comes down to the final weekend but prob not.

IF both finished on 17 Exeter would go through based on points gained in matches between the 2. Exeter would have 6 or 7 ,Munster would have 2

Didn't realise every Munster player who started last night was IQ except for Jean Kleyn who will be soon.

Nowell looking decent at 15. Hasn't been tested under a high ball yet. But picking good lines.

Edit : butter fingers Slade strikes again.

Last edited:
Must be hard for Castres to get up for this, knowing they'd need an Exeter second string to beat Munster next week.
Great to see Nowell back.

Must be hard for Castres to get up for this, knowing they'd need an Exeter second string to beat Munster next week.
Great to see Nowell back.
Why would Exeter send 2nd string. Win here and and they are still alive

because if cas win, exeter would have no chance in advancing and therefore would send a second string to munster next weekend
Still you should look at getting part 1 done before part 2.
Castres have been very poor today. Decision making is awful

So is this result mainly just Castres playing terribly or are Exeter genuinely playing well? I'm finding it hard to tell. I wonder how nervous I should be getting.

It's great that referees and TMOs can spot Castres thuggery when they're away from home and already effectively out of the competition. Funny how that works.

So is this result mainly just Castres playing terribly or are Exeter genuinely playing well? I'm finding it hard to tell. I wonder how nervous I should be getting.

It's great that referees and TMOs can spot Castres thuggery when they're away from home and already effectively out of the competition. Funny how that works.

Bit of both. Munster should win with ease next week.

Latest posts