• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 2 (13&14/10/2018)

Was at the game and wow Exeter actually decided to play rugby. Slade's kick through for O'Flaherty's try was perfect and I thought Nowell went very well at FB. Bit of a shame that he won't get to play there more now that we've signed Hogg as he could potentially do a job there for England.

This was a warm up for next week. Munster will not give chiefs that freedom, they wont give us the time and they wont concede the ground on carries. Its not out of the question for chiefs to win but going to be a tough old contest.

So
-chiefs need to win and deny Munster a BP
-Chiefs need to get a BP win if munster get a TBP
- finally chiefs are out if munster get 2BP loss(or munster win)

We need a good day at the offlice and all the players to step up, id put out the same 23 tbh. But we are playing a well coached mini lreland team it will be tough and well earned if we pull it off.

Was at the game and wow Exeter actually decided to play rugby. Slade's kick through for O'Flaherty's try was perfect and I thought Nowell went very well at FB. Bit of a shame that he won't get to play there more now that we've signed Hogg as he could potentially do a job there for England.

As good a signing as Hogg is , i think it would have been better to keep Cordero and make Nowell permanent FB,especially as Simmonds has also looked good playing there to recently.
EJ might well consider Nowell as FB after Dalys tepid performances and stick him back on wing where he looks almost world class.

So it comes down to Munster at Thomond in what is effectively a Heineken cup knockout, I'd be more confident of literally going anywhere else needing to win in those circumstances, think it will have a test match feel and hope Chiefs match the intensity of the hosts, can't wait....

Glad to hear Nowell went well, but before we start annointing him as the world's greatest living full back let's see how he gets on in Munster. Suspect it might be a slightly more demanding afternoon.

Glad to hear Nowell went well, but before we start annointing him as the world's greatest living full back let's see how he gets on in Munster. Suspect it might be a slightly more demanding afternoon.

Lets not undersell the boy now by restricting it to the living only please.

Especially as he'll be playing his main rival for the shirt
:(

Especially as he'll be playing his main rival for the shirt
:(

Is Mike Brown moving to Exeter? :D:D:D

:D <- this does not properly convey just how much I am rolling around laughing at the various brains trusts of English rugby over the past several years for picking Mike Brown ahead of Will Addison and Mike Haley.

I suppose Eddie "scum" Jones still has a chance of capping Haley. But he'd have to get over himself first. Which would probably be a bigger achievement than that of Edmund Hillary

Who Mike Haley???

The next Irish 15
tenor.gif

"Irish"

82FFDF05-EC70-41F0-A424-3A07CFE4D2D8.jpeg

Main news is that He is fit. Should make a huge difference. Only change is Ryan in for Archer. That tighthead spot is tough to keep track of.

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE MUNSTER
15 Jack Nowell
14 Santiago Cordero
13 Henry Slade
12 Ollie Devoto
11 Tom O'Flaherty
10 Joe Simmonds
9 Nic White
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Harry Williams
4 Dave Dennis
5 Jonny Hill
6 Sam Skinner
7 Don Armand
8 Matt Kvesic

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie 17 Ben Moon 18 Greg Holmes 19 Mitch Lees 20 Sean Lonsdale 21 Jack Maunder 22 Gareth Steenson 23 Ian Whitten

Wow, you caught exactly what I was doing dammit.
Then again BO'D is a unionist now so....
Wouldn't even matter if it was true, Peter O'Mahony is often referred to as the most Munster of Munstermen. Munster let the Normans in, teamed up with the Vikings and killed Michael Collins (the good one, not the moon guy). QED Unionists > Munster

Wouldn't even matter if it was true, Peter O'Mahony is often referred to as the most Munster of Munstermen. Munster let the Normans in, teamed up with the Vikings and killed Michael Collins (the good one, not the moon guy). QED Unionists > Munster
We're both from a city set up by the Vikings, you have a Brit surname and the Irish Free State shot a member of your family if I'm not mistaken!