• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] England vs New Zealand 10/11/18

Has anyone got the actual England team thats playing this week? I'm hearing a lot of names but I don't know if those guys are even picked.

It's also combination of losing Vunipola who is freak even in rugby and having no one to replace him and they used to have one man clear outs to get very quick ball. Opposition teams worked this out and used to commit two to the breakdown. One player can't deal with two so even if they don't get a penalty, the defending team slows the ball down and England can't get quick ball. See the Scotland game in the 6 nations, it was happening the whole game.
Has anyone got the actual England team thats playing this week? I'm hearing a lot of names but I don't know if those guys are even picked.
It will be officially announced later today, about 12 I think.

Some good match ups I am looking forward to:

Maro v Brodie.

Now that Lawes is available I'm wondering if Itoje might just get the 6 shirt. He's not the most finessed there and a penalty liability anywhere, but he might just work as a horse for course selection. Straw clutching, but the best chance of getting to the ABs is surely to get in their face, get physical and disrupt. That kind of chaos is Itoje's game and for this match arguably best dispensed from flank where he can get to the action a little bit quicker. He's certainly a much more dynamic player than Shields seems to be.

That's my world, but I still expect Shields to start. Jones was lauded as a genius for pulling Harrison and Burrell early in previous matches; does he still have that kind of courage of conviction these days?

To me it's a step back from the positive direction they have been going with the back row if they end up playing a 2nd row at 6 again. Itjoe has looked out of his depth every time he has played there.

To me it's a step back from the positive direction they have been going with the back row if they end up playing a 2nd row at 6 again. Itjoe has looked out of his depth every time he has played there.

Well yes, but the oppo is the ABs. Are we going to beat them by the conventional or percentages? Maybe our best chance is by pulling a gamble or two?

Perhaps I just over fondly remember the beautifully balanced 1993 AB conquering back row - Richards, Rodber and Clarke. Less fond memories of the ankle stamping Jamie Joseph......

McKenzie has 20 caps, getting a start is hardly being thrown in at the deepend.
It's twice as many caps as England's backrow combined.

was in response to jabby - this is the deep end, after Ellis Park I reckon Twickenham would be the next biggest AB's test, let's see if the kids up to it, lots of good showings and cameos in those 20 caps and some forgettable ones, time to see him under pressure and if he can comfortably fill that 15 role

i really like this team, this is possibly my favourite selection and bench minus the Moody and Cane injuries

Damo can be pulled and Barrett to FB with Richie coming on. in a tight game I like that, Richie is a good goal kicker and I can see that move stabilizing the game

DrepnszW4AEOYVj.jpg

So no Tuilagi, no Mercer, Ashton in for Nowell, Moon in for Hepburn.

I can only assume that Tuilagi isn't quite right still. I understand keeping Ewels in because I thought he was excellent in his cameo, but I'm disappointed that Mercer has been dropped. Makes me think we will be trying to overpower the AB's which I'm just not sure we can manage! Moon starting is the right call.

Underhill, Wilson and Slade all need massive games, better than anything they've had in white before to win this while plenty of guys like Youngs, Krutoje and Daly need to get back to old form. The pieces are on the pitch for England but their chances in this game lie in what's happening off it in my opinion.

If Underhill gets injured (which isn't unlikely these days) we're looking at a back row of:
6. Lawes
7. Wilson
8. Shields

Why would EJ put himself in a situation where that's not massively unlikely to happen... madness

what's some honest predictions u guys have, im not too familiar with the england squad, so i don't know what to expect

got some predicitons without being too negative or too positive?

cheers

You pick Ashton for his excellent support runs from clean breaks............... not sure where those breaks are coming from though mind.
From looking at that team your basically asking Teo to run over people and get over the gain line to get you quick ball. The problem is you have lined him up against SBW, I like Underhill but not really sure on him being a 7, especially in that back row. Great in the tackle but not so much over the ball as curry and not that great at carrying.

I'm from The Netherlands and i don't have SkySports UK... Do you guys have a stream or another solution for me to watch the game? Thanks!

Teo is a bit dodge, he was a massive problem in the 1st test. He played well himself but just wasn't a fantastic fit for beating NZ due to him being totally one dimensional.

Why the hell is lawes back row cover? I get lawes should be in the 23 but he should replace ewels, mercer needs game time. Ewels is what 5th choice? Where as mercer is a real prospect for the future.

Ashton for nowell is prob because of Nowells lack of pace.

No manu...guessing still broken. As per.

Latest posts