• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] England vs New Zealand 10/11/18

Only managed the last 20, will have to catch some highlights, did see The disallowed try looked ok to me regardless I don't understanding how AB didn't get pinged for constantly obstructing care at the breakdown must have seen at least 2 instances go unpunished in the short part I did manage to watch, all in all though it sounds like a game the English can come away with more positives than negatives, it's been a while since we could say that.

Best England performance for 2 years. Possibly the first 30 mins was the worst kicking by AB's ever. Players , as always, made far more, and worse, mistakes than ref.

That said .. why do some refs give half a nano-second to roll away and others seem to allow the player to lie around like an Essex tart on a sun lounger in Ibiza?

If the ABs don't step it up, which they will, Ireland will beat them, which they may well do anyway.

Really want Cokanasiga to start next week. Still v disappointed Mercer wasn't involved today.

Like Underhill, Curry, Binny in theory. But the odds of all 3 being fit at the same time is remote. Underhill proved what a difference sheer physicality makes. Need more of that from our front 5. When's Genge back?

Loose head seems to be a bit of an issue now, because Moon has come in and played well. Mako is great in the loose, but not in the scrum. Genge seems like he's closer to being better all round. Mullan and Obano also around when fit. Hepburn I think has fallen in the rankings. I think Moon could be Marler's replacement and secure the scrum with a better impact sub in the loose than Hepburn.

Only managed the last 20, will have to catch some highlights, did see The disallowed try looked ok to me regardless I don't understanding how AB didn't get pinged for constantly obstructing care at the breakdown must have seen at least 2 instances go unpunished in the short part I did manage to watch, all in all though it sounds like a game the English can come away with more positives than negatives, it's been a while since we could say that.

The only real negative from that game for the English players is the they're English.

What are blockers for then?
Good question. Where were the blockers right? Lawes was standing where our blockers should have been and when Perenara got hands on the ball, Lawes leading leg was past the point. Off side IMO. I gotta go with the refs on this one. Its not as bad as Raynals calls.

And sheep don't concern themselves with the opinion of 'losers' :) To be fair, England deserved to lose that game due to the disrespect of the fans for the Haka right at the start. Karma.
If we're talking respect may I refer you to the Milennium changing rooms, 2006?

The haka is a challenge, what's the point of a challenge you can't respond to? If teams want to ignore it or meet it head on I'm all for it.

i don't think bringing Ritchie on was a good idea, Damo was playing well and Barrett was coming into the game well at 10, with better kicking... sometimes rugby coaches fail to think, Richie really wasn't nessessary sub

Best England performance for 2 years. Possibly the first 30 mins was the worst kicking by AB's ever. Players , as always, made far more, and worse, mistakes than ref.

That said .. why do some refs give half a nano-second to roll away and others seem to allow the player to lie around like an Essex tart on a sun lounger in Ibiza?

Nicely put, I personally don't really care how the breakdown is reffed BUT do it consistantly none of this refs interpretation rubbish, Make the rules less open to interpretation set max times be it 1 second 3 or 5 to roll away, decide if players can dive in off there feet or not many teams rarely get done for this, everyone is on the same page, teams don't have to spend the first 20 minutes working out if the ref is feeling like a breakdown Nazi or not giving one, the whole thing infuriated me.

If we're talking respect may I refer you to the Milennium changing rooms, 2006?

The haka is a challenge, what's the point of a challenge you can't respond to? If teams want to ignore it or meet it head on I'm all for it.

i actually agree with this

I had no problems with Sweet Chariot during the Haka!

When SBW goes off. I know ABs will win. But they would be so lucky everytime!!!. SBW days are over. But the ABS selected still insist he is in. Look at improvement after ABS played after SBW went off.

When SBW goes off. I know ABs will win. But they would be so lucky everything!!!. SBW days are over.

looks that way, I wonder if shag has the stones to drop him though

he's a good leader and experienced, but clearly way behind the pace now, especially at test level and has played a big part in some of our worst results lately

Yeah a wet November day at Twickenham is not the same as the conditions next year in Japan. Harder grounds and warmer weather would favour ABs game.

and motivation will too, southern hemisphere is on holiday (what never constitutes a good reason to lose of course :) ) AB have just done the job, the minimal one, what South Africa absolutely did not last week

Congratulations NZ, great test match to watch.

Some bad calls from officials in the final few minutes IMO (non-release and rolling away being ignored easily the worst call) but can't blame the loss on that at all, England had the chances but chiefly George can't throw. Way too low and inaccurate. Most telling was one slow motion replay where Maro is much higher but is trying to catch the ball with his arms horizontally and Brodie is reaching up vertically and still gets it. Unacceptable at international standard similar to SA last week, Hartley will be livid. England need another hooker as George just isn't up to it mentally.

Think both teams will come away from that fairly happy and things to work on. Bodes well for the world cup but I guess it's a year out so things can happen. Enjoy it Kiwis, deserved and well played.

The only real negative from that game for the English players is the they're English.

The only negative part of being on this forum is seeing comments from numpties which in reality add nothing to the conversation.

Jones saying Hartley had a problem with his finger all week as the reason to get him off. Big call to take him off. But don't know serious a finger injury it was. Still Stuart Barnes talking out of his arse saying that's the end of Hartley's England career.

Jones saying Hartley had a problem with his finger all week as the reason to get him off. Big call to take him off. But don't know serious a finger injury it was. Still Stuart Barnes talking out of his arse saying that's the end of Hartley's England career.

Yeah but if Hartley goes then Farrell is captain outright and so he will have more opportunity to talk about him. He's probably already got his tongue up Farrell's arse right now.

If you see it how can it add nothing??

Nothing constructive didn't think I needed to add that but I won't explain it to you, I'll leave you to look up it's definition, I am glad you conceded that you are a numpty though Brah.

Latest posts