• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Ireland vs England (02/02/2019)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Ireland.png
VS
England.png

Aviva Stadium
16:45, 02/02/2019

Not much hope to be honest, can only hope Ireland have severe rust for a chance.

Bit miffed it's the opening game we may look back at this game as a championship decider as both team are capable of winning the remaining games.

Ireland annoyingly comfortably for me. For me Ireland have the premier pack in world rugby (yes including the ABs) with a couple of the world class operators at 9 and 10 assuming they are both fit. They have no "weak" players. All of the pack and most of the backs have secondary depth that England don't. Too tough, too smart and too good. England will huff and puff. Billy will carry large and there will be flashes on non rubbishy stuff.

Mainly however the game will be characterised by my screaming at the TV as for the millionth time Peter O'Mahony accidentally firstly fails to let a tackled player release the ball, then accidentally falls into a position which stops the English supporting player contesting the ball before finally accidentally acting as a bridge (usually for someone like Cronin) to assume an immovable position thus turning the ball over or winning a penalty.

I hate and love that O'Mahony in equal measure I do.

Peter O'Mahony accidentally firstly fails to let a tackled player release the ball, then accidentally falls into a position which stops the English supporting player contesting the ball before finally accidentally acting as a bridge (usually for someone like Cronin) to assume an immovable position thus turning the ball over or winning a penalty.

I hate and love that O'Mahony in equal measure I do.
You think England will use supporting players?

Shaggy memes was sooo last week bruh.

Do you even meme stockmarket?
High key bro, I do not. Instagram is my source of memes, I know it's not respected in the community and I don't care. Anyway...

Hosts world cup as favourites

[Insert pic of that ugly dude with a badly photoshopped England Jersey on]

Goes out in pool stages.

Now leave me alone before I get deep fried and hit you with successful black men. ;)

You think England will use supporting players?

Yes, the type that arrive late, lose the initial contact and then ineffectually pull at someone's arm standing about as much chance as success as someone trying to remove a limit from a rock with a jelly baby.

Still on the plus side we'll have only committed one person to the ruck and thus will be in a great position to use the ball in the next phase. Apart from the ball will be slower than a slow thing if we get it back at all. More likely is the concession of a penalty. If it's in out own half it'll be a kick at goal. Well until the points margin is great enough, then it'll be kick to corner and maul followed by yellow cardarama as we infringe and pull it down.

God I'm depressed already!

I think England fans are too down on themselves here. Low key, I'm worried Ireland will have one of those games where the pack dominates but we can't deliver on the scoreboard. Sexton, Kearney and Henshaw are all low on minutes in 2019 and will probably start, our second row and scrum half cover on the bench will be far weaker than usual and weather reports suggest we could be playing in the snow which would exaggerate any rustiness even further. Ireland are and should be big favourites, England haven't scored a 6n try in Dublin since 2011 (their only 6n try in the new Lansdowne) and their highest points tally was a [winning] 12 in 2013 but there's more than enough chance of an upset here and I'm getting a bit uncomfortable about the game.

Big big rumours Kearney is set to be dropped.
Bit of a funny call or is it Schmidt saying this isn't biggest focus this year.

Can't believe I have to try watch this in Atlanta. I expect Ireland will be agressive and really look to lay down a serious marker.
Weather will be a serious leveller as it expected to snow. But well wasn't it bitter last March too

Bit of a funny call or is it Schmidt saying this isn't biggest focus this year.
This has to be one of the most important games for both sides in terms of laying down a RWC marker (again frustrations abound at the scheduling of this match). I don't think either team can afford a 'gamble' or 'resting' that isn't seriously part of their long term plans for this year.

Latest posts