• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Ireland vs England (02/02/2019)

Big rumours based on Henshaw training at 15 in Portugal? I'd say it means Aki will be 23, Kearney is staying where he is.
More so this morning. Kearney is in the possibles and not Probables. But again I don't think it'd be a suprise to see RK play. It more a mind games ploy

This has to be one of the most important games for both sides in terms of laying down a RWC marker (again frustrations abound at the scheduling of this match). I don't think either team can afford a 'gamble' or 'resting' that isn't seriously part of their long term plans for this year.
No but maybe it's Schmidt saying Rob you need to fight harder to get back in. Again I'm not saying Schmidt throwing game more maybe he believes that is best way to win this game. Although Kearney will be needed for aerial attack I'm sure we will get

I think if we go on form or even "the best we've seen under Eddie" vs "the best we've seen under Joe" it's going to be a Ireland win. They have very few weaknesses and the ferocity of the Irish pack will destroy our power-based game plan if we are even 5% off the boil.

HOWEVER...regarding England, I don't think there has been an international team in recent memory that has had the potential to combine this amount of ball carrying power (Vunipolae, Sink, Genge, Itoje, Hughes, Teo, Tuilagi, Cokanasiga) with a world class game manager at 10 and proven international finishers out wide. Will our big ball carriers get isolated and turned over by Rory Best every other half break? Probably. Will Manu trip over a blade of grass in the warm-up and fracture his fingernail? Almost certianly. Will Owen Farrell get yellow carded within the first twenty minutes for trying to stop a Stockdale walk-in with a flying kick to the face. Without a doubt. But maybe, just maybe, if it all comes together, I think it's possible that England produce something we haven't seen from them before and cause an upset.

I don't think there has been an international team in recent memory that has had the potential to combine this amount of ball carrying power (Vunipolae, Sink, Genge, Itoje, Hughes, Teo, Tuilagi, Cokanasiga) with a world class game manager at 10 and proven international finishers out wide. Will our big ball carriers get isolated and turned over by Rory Best every other half break? Probably. Will Manu trip over a blade of grass in the warm-up and fracture his fingernail? Almost certianly. Will Owen Farrell get yellow carded within the first twenty minutes for trying to stop a Stockdale walk-in with a flying kick to the face. Without a doubt. But maybe, just maybe, if it all comes together, I think it's possible that England produce something we haven't seen from them before and cause an upset.
Unfortunately, the world class game manager will (likely) be playing 10 for Ireland.

Unfortunately, the world class game manager will (likely) be playing 10 for Ireland.
I mean you'd think I'd be use to Farrell hard on by now but I still don't see why everyone (this forum aside) believes him to be the anointed one. He's a solid player well deserving of his place in squad but world class game manager....nope don't see it.

I mean you'd think I'd be use to Farrell hard on by now but I still don't see why everyone (this forum aside) believes him to be the anointed one. He's a solid player well deserving of his place in squad but world class game manager....nope don't see it.
TBF - Ford CAN be a world class game manager on his day. but he doesn't show it anywhere near enough to actually deserve the acolade.
Farrell on the other hand - his talents lie... elsewhere and aren't really World Class in anything other than sheer determination.

TBF - Ford CAN be a world class game manager on his day. but he doesn't show it anywhere near enough to actually deserve the acolade.
Farrell on the other hand - his talents lie... elsewhere and aren't really World Class in anything other than sheer determination.

He's world class at rubbing referees up the wrong may.

Looks like Farrell and Slade are the only 12's in the squad.

Hopefully given Slade record at 12 for England it means Faz will be playing 12 and Ford 10.

Aye, fingers crossed

The 25:
Forwards
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers)
Jamie George (Saracens)
Nathan Hughes (Wasps)
Maro Itoje (Saracens)
George Kruis (Saracens)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps)
Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)
Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins)
Billy Vunipola (Saracens)
Mako Vunipola (Saracens)
Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs)
Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)

Backs
Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks)
Mike Brown (Harlequins)
Elliot Daly (Wasps)
Owen Farrell (Saracens) captain
George Ford (Leicester Tigers)
Jonny May (Leicester Tigers)
Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs)
Dan Robson (Wasps)
Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs)
Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

So from that

Mako
George
Sinkler/Williams
Itoje
Lawes/Launchbury
Wilson
TCurry
Billy
Youngs
Ford
May
Faz
Manu
Daly/Nowell
Brown

LCD
Genge
Williams/Sinkler
Launchbury/lawes
Hughes
Robson
Slade
Nowell/Daly

Extras
Kruis
Ashton

What i think it will be/options

Both Daly and Nowell cover 13 14 15. Daly has been first choice but Nowell arguably in better form.

Sinkler has earned his starting place but coming on with Genge to sure up the scrum and run hard lines sounds good to.

Latest posts