• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Autumn Nations Cup] England vs Georgia (14/11/20)

EJ has mentioned Earl and Curry in the backs before - Sinckler probably covering 10 too
Hope we finish with Willis Curry Earl(8). I like that back row tbh

In my previous comment i did forget Daly is at 15. I do wonder where EJ sees Malins. Glad he is getting a shot though.

Yes, but I'd imagine Eddie had reservations about picking a debutant and a player with a few minutes of test rugby together.

I'd prefer he'd just picked Willis and Curry together.

I don't mind the line up... but I don't see the point of Itoje at 6 or Joseph on the wing.

but what do I know?

I don't mind the line up... but I don't see the point of Itoje at 6 or Joseph on the wing.

but what do I know?
I'm still waiting for our Miracle at Brighton Eddie moment, where England manage to beat an 11th ranked team as safely as they're expected to.

That's not bad overall. I'm not keen on Itoje at 6 and Joseph at 14 and yes I would like to see new blood at 8 and 9, but this is a decent balance of new and established players.

But, as this isn't a scratch side full of newbies, there is now no excuse for a stodgy performance.

I'm actually quite happy with that.

Sure, Youngs starting is a bit of a shitter, but I didn't expect anything else. But there's 4 people I wanted to see starting doing so (Genge, Stuart, Willis, Lawrence) plus the unexpected bonus of Launchbury, and Malins is in the subs... so yeah, happy.

I assume Maro is at 6 so he can put an extra Flanker on the bench, but I really don't see how it actually helps beyond us moving closer to Eddie's dream of fielding 8 flankers, 6 outside centres, and Ben Youngs

Not sure why you guys hate Itoje at 6, it'll be his only chance of starting for the Lions when the corpse of AWJ is selected ahead of him.
Where's James Ryan gonna go, then?
Cory "2017 Lions Tourist" Hill will be starting alongside him

I assume Maro is at 6 so he can put an extra Flanker on the bench, but I really don't see how it actually helps beyond us moving closer to Eddie's dream of fielding 8 flankers, 6 outside centres, and Ben Youngs

Ridiculous assertion.

Not the case at all. It's quite clear that he wants 2 wingers on the flanks, 2 props in midfield, Binny at 8 and Youngs at 9. Everyone else must have played either flanker or outside centre at least once at school be identikit 6' - 6' 2" and 15.5 - 16.5 stone. Numbers on back dependent on who reaches which dressing room pegs first. 8 locks on the bench.

You know what i like this team. Itoje means Willis gets gametime as the only 7 which is good for him, also when we replace a lock and a back row we can have 2 fresh back rows on at once leaning to Willis curry Earl. No idea what will happen in the back but as long ad we dont just kick for 80 min we should end with Robson Malins Marchant and maybe even Lawrence still on depending on the scoreline.

So ending
Mako Dunn Sinks
Itoje Ewels
Willis Earl(8) Curry

Robson Faz May Lawrence Marchant Daly Malins

Seems a strong team. Inexperienced back line but good enough for Georgia

Georgia team :

1. Mikheil Nariashvili (Montpellier, 62 caps)
One of the top loosehead prop in the World. A very strong scrummager that earns 35 Champions Cup games and close than 150 Top14 games as a regular starter.

2. Shalva Mamukashvili (Leicester, 75 caps)
By signing for Leicester, Mamukashvili joined his 5th top flight club after Sale, Glasgow, Montpellier and Toulon. He is ok in his role.

3. Beka Gigashvili (Toulon, 14 caps)
Starting rugby at 20 and arrived in France is third division as an amateur, his power impressed everyone, he signed for Grenoble in second division the following year and took a big role in their promotion in Top14 then he was signed by Toulon where he is an important player

4. Lasha Jaiani (Exeter Uni, 2 caps)
The 22 years old lock spent years in England, first at Whitgift School and then at University of Exeter. This big unit was selected by Georgia U20 and was a standout player that opened him the doors of the national team.

5. Grigor Kerdikoshvili (Lelo Tbilisi, 2 caps)
Very surprised to see a so inexperienced second row. Kerdikoshvili lived in USA and was engaged with US Air Force where he played for rugby team, as... flyhalf. He stayed in USA and joined professional team Glendale Raptors and played MLR before being selected for national team. A bit light tbh

6. Giorgi Tkhilaishvili (Batumi, 58 caps)
A bit surprised to see a local player starting flanker, Georgia have so many young prospect at professional level but Tkhilaishvili is a strong defender that played pas two RWC

7. Beka Saghinadze (Aurillac, 13 caps)
The 22 years old does his scales in french ProD2, where he signed after some strong U20 World Championship games. He is known as a very good tackler

8. Beka Gorgadze (Bordeaux, 28 caps)
Born 1996, Beka Gorgadze is one of the most skilled forward that Georgia ever had. He is playing his third season for Top14 side Bordeaux

9. Gela Aprasidze (Montpellier, 26 caps)
Very happy with this choice as Aprasidze is IMO the most talented back Georgia have. Most people discovered him thanks to his sensational try against Ireland U20. The 22 years old Top14 player can also kick from both foot, including from +50m

10. Tedo Abzhandadze (Brive, 16 caps)
He is only 21 years old but Georgia seem to have finally found a decent flyhalf. He is homegrown but spent a year in Ireland at Terenure College at 18. Then he joined Top14 side Brive, making his Top14 debuts at 20. Last week he started for Brive against Toulon scoring a 5/5

11. Sandro Svanidze (Armazi Marneuli, new cap)
He was excellent with Georgia U20 but injuries delayed his debuts for national team

12. Merab Sharikadze (unattached, 67 caps CAPTAIN)
A skilled and talented player. Sharikadze studied in Hartpury College for two years and made some appearance for Gloucester U19. Then he joined ProD2 and was the starting centre for Aurillac for 5 years. He decided to leave Aurillac, having good contacts with stronger teams but a nasty injury combined to covid stopped his plan

13. Giorgi Kveseladze (Armazi Marneuli, 25 caps)
A "never give up" profile with obvious abilities to break the line, and for offload. Also a fan of thumping tackles

14. Akaki Tabutsadze (Lelo Saracens, 3 caps)
I was surprised to see him called up for national team last year but he already scored 5 tries from his first three caps

15. Lasha Khmaladze (Batumi, 83 caps)
He was the starting flyhalf for years but Abzhandadze's performances pushed him at #15. Irregular player unfortunately

16. Jaba Bregvadze (unattached [last:Sunwolves], 59 caps
17. Guram Gogichashvili (Racing92, 15 caps)
18. Lekso Kaulashvili (Bordeaux, 1 cap)
19. Otar Giorgadze (Brive, 26 caps)

20. Tornike Jalagonia (Biarritz, 1 cap)

21. Vasil Lobzhanidze (Brive, 52 caps)
https://twitter.com/ChallengeCup_FR/status/1244293801419685890
22. Demur Tapladze (Lelo Tbilisi, 3 caps)
23. Sandro Todua (Batumi, 86 caps)

This next month will be an invaluable learning period for Georgian rugby but I fear this game may be painful for them, we have picked a strong side. England to win 54-12.

No words. Stupid selections as always in some positions. Young's, JJ, Binny, what's the point.

I'm sure next week we will have 8 locks, Ben Young's & Farrell and 5 13s.

Latest posts