• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] England vs Italy (13/02/21)

I know I'm Irish and we can't really talk on the subject but that fact that he's the best ref Scotland could come up with in the last 20 years is a bit embarrassing.

That being said he wasn't completely hopeless your first 6N game is probably even tougher for a ref than a player.
I think he's purely in there because he's Scottish to be honest.

So yeah, the ***le's gone. Needed a bigger points difference than that. Still, at least now we can all talk about France peaking 2 years too early.;)

England can't throw a pass that hits the man in stride. Could have had 3 or 4 more tries if we could. And could have sneaked the game last week. And it's not just the usual suspects, no-one in an England shirt passes well. What's the answer to that? Don't know...

I'm going to be a bit more positive. I think the biggest issue is still selection. Yes there are other problems, but I think if we got rid of Farrell, Daly, Youngs and Billy then we could work on the other issues. However as long as they are being carried we have weak links in the team and it will hold us back.

England still have a lot to do if they want to win 6N.
Based on that performance Ireland, Wales or France could beat them on the day.
Some good individual skills but cohesively ragged.

The biggest positive for me is that Robson outshone Youngs so much. Absolutely grabbed his chance there, and I hope he's done enough to get a start.

I think LCD has put his hand up to start more often too.

Hill also looked class, and our backs worked pretty well when they got the ball.

Was it me, or did the ref signal a free kick at one point, and then change it to a penalty after Italy had kicked it straight into touch?

Even commentators suggesting some of the undroppables are dropped.

He really really tried his best for me to lose. Especially when he went for that IMO marginally late tackle.

Crohn's and Colitis UK
A0958B0E-C42A-4B80-943A-56DB69008397.png