• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] England vs Italy (13/02/21)

Adds an extra lock not for beef but for lineout options. Moves Farrell to 12, Ford to 10, has Slade and Daly as well as Youngs at 9.

We are going to boot the leather off it and try and strangle at set piece. Actually Ford to 10 doesn't do anything, because the style is to boot it with Jones now.

Everything is about boot to ball, everything is about this - managing Jones' fear of risk. He's micromanaging everything to such a level it's utter utter dross.

This is probably the first time I've seen the media and some ex pros actually annoyed at EJ for a starting 23. The treatment of Lawrence has really triggered them, as it should.
Was thinking the same, as well

Foy going that hard is surprising - the Daily Fail obviously have an in at the RFU as they're always on the ball with England matters/ahead of the game, I thought he'd tread lightly/not want to rock the cart

Was thinking the same, as well

Foy going that hard is surprising - the Daily Fail obviously have an in at the RFU as they're always on the ball with England matters/ahead of the game, I thought he'd tread lightly/not want to rock the cart

People Alistair Eykyn, Nick Mullins and even Guscott all seem rather angry. Even BBC had an article about did 2020 paper over the cracks (I think it was BBC who did that). Maybe it's my own timeline but it finally feels like the tide is finally turning.

It's one of things Farrell was **** all autumn and was **** on Saturday and it appears nothing he does can stop it from happening.

Also it's not like Lawrence had a shocker people might see that as a reason to bench him and go back to Ford/Farrell but the problem.was nobody gave him the damn ball.

He's proper 'one that got away'. I watched a Gloucester V Harlequins match and for all the talk of Dombrandt, Polledri just looked superior.
It's frustrating, as well, because it's not like he's been deeply committed to Italy since he was a nipper,
Literally said he accepted the call up because he'd always wanted to go to Japan and Italy asked him to go to the RWC

Probably a subject for a different thread but is it possible to make a "Ones who got away" XV?

It's frustrating, as well, because it's not like he's been deeply committed to Italy since he was a nipper,
Literally said he accepted the call up because he'd always wanted to go to Japan and Italy asked him to go to the RWC
No, but he played 9 times for Ita U20s in 14/15 so not a total bolt from the blue.

No Eng age group recognition so either a late bloomer or failure in the talent ID. And with our back row talent / sinecures you can understand why he threw his lot in with Ita (and I have no idea what sort of emotional ties he has to the place).

Yeah, for one of the first times i can remember i am not excited about watching an England match. The combination of the selections and the expected gameplan is exactly that: 'meh'.

One of my biggest issues is that I'm trying to get my 6 year old son into rugby and I want to sit down with him and watch a match to get him excited for playing it but at the moment all it is going to do is put him off. He's got a limited attention span at the best of times but England matches are so dull at the moment!
I hate to break it to you, but you know there are other teams who play, and far more exciting than England

Italy are a decent watch, just aren't the same standard although I think they were better than the score suggests against France.

France look good and are entertaining, Scotland are enjoyable usually but not the last match. Wales and Ireland... meh.

Does anyone think Jones will change the tactics for this game...release the shackles? Or will he remain with this strict format he has fallen on?

I hate to break it to you, but you know there are other teams who play, and far more exciting than England
Yes I know, but I don't get much chance to watch rugby and with my limited opportunity I'd like to watch someone who I support - and who I assume he will support if and when he gets into the sport - as it does make for more engaged viewing.

I could watch Bath I suppose but they are even more frustrating at the moment! :cool:

Latest posts