• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Scotland vs England - 24/02/24

What do you want complete change and potentially confidence ruined if players fail? Players are being integrated it takes time and patience if England are building steady and we do see improvement I am happy you can't expect a new defensive system to work if you keep flip flopping personal, I realise you dislike Daly and like the looks of IFB but even if he only see a couple more minutes this torment there will be plenty of opportunity going forward, England simply haven't had the luxury of comfortable scoreboard positions to really give him a go. Its a fine balance but given the forced centre experimentation due to OLs injury's and getting a few caps for others is pleasing.
No I don't dislike Daly, nor do I really like IFW (for England right now) but isn't Italy away, less pressure than Scotland away? And he if fails to get any minutes against Scotland how would his first start be against Ireland or France?

All I want is to have a bench player who is trusted on the bench for more than 5 minutes. Otherwise really what's the point? Why not just have another forward on the bench if there is no trust there.

Well it's game day! I wonder how well the mantle of favourites is sitting with the Scots? A lot of expectation on them to bring it home today, where as I don't think England fans are expecting a great deal. Of course there's always hope, and enough talent on the field for England to walk away with a win, but as long as it doesn't end up a cricket score, and there's some continued improvement in D and attack, I'd imagine most England fans would be happy enough.
Hope George has a good game today. I'm sure he'll want to honour his mum and put out a great performance.
Looking forward to it as always. Bring on the match!!

I think England have the better bench - especially with their forward replacements and I can see them gaining the upper hand at scrum time towards the end. If there's not much in it around 60 mins I think England should be able to get over the line.

Not sure about Ritchie starting as he's not in the best form. I can only assume that Toonie sees the breakdown as key and he's in because he along with Darge can jackal. No pick and go's on the English try line with the clock in red please otherwise I'll be a bottle of Just for men.

I think England have the better bench - especially with their forward replacements and I can see them gaining the upper hand at scrum time towards the end. If there's not much in it around 60 mins I think England should be able to get over the line.

Not sure about Ritchie starting as he's not in the best form. I can only assume that Toonie sees the breakdown as key and he's in because he along with Darge can jackal. No pick and go's on the English try line with the clock in red please otherwise I'll be a bottle of Just for men.
I think Townsend said that he's picked Richie for his Jackaling, pretty much sign posting the game plan. I imagine the selection of Furbank threw him some what. Probably expecting a much more conservative game from England.

Love the positive attitude regarding an England win. I think the last 20 may well prove vital to both teams. England just need to make sure they're still in the running come 60 mins

I think Townsend said that he's picked Richie for his Jackaling, pretty much sign posting the game plan. I imagine the selection of Furbank threw him some what. Probably expecting a much more conservative game from England.

Love the positive attitude regarding an England win. I think the last 20 may well prove vital to both teams. England just need to make sure they're still in the running come 60 mins

Hadn't seen Townsend's post team selection comments and so that makes sense.

Both sets of supporters are a bit apprehensive and the bookies seem to think it'll be a tight one.

It's been a tight game for quite a few seasons now. Even though Scotland have had the results, there haven't been any big scorelines.

Scotland favourites but England could sneak it. 100% agree that the benches and last quarter will be critical.

I wonder if Jones' defensive system will do what it did to England years ago, they had PSDT fly out of the line as as fast as possible ahead of everyone else to pressure Ford(if i remeber correctly), id do that with Earl. Fly out of the line and put extra pressure on every throw.

I wonder if Jones' defensive system will do what it did to England years ago, they had PSDT fly out of the line as as fast as possible ahead of everyone else to pressure Ford(if i remeber correctly), id do that with Earl. Fly out of the line and put extra pressure on every throw.
Doesn't that leave a gap in the defensive line behind PSDT/Earl or do they close up and leave the space out wide?

Doesn't that leave a gap in the defensive line behind PSDT/Earl or do they close up and leave the space out wide?
Usually leave a bit of space on the edges which clearly can work as SA do it very effectively, I could be completely wrong but feel like if you are leaving that much space on the edges your wingers need to be rapid or if edges are found your going to struggle to scramble.

My thought on it would be he would be not setting in the defensive line but more shotting ahead of it so leaving it still connected, now does using a player like that take a player from wider defence, maybe.

Finn can do miracle passes but also put enough pressure and ive seen a few intercepts and bad passes too. No lt sure were ready in defence for this tbh but i just remember PSDT terrorising Ford.

No I don't dislike Daly, nor do I really like IFW (for England right now) but isn't Italy away, less pressure than Scotland away? And he if fails to get any minutes against Scotland how would his first start be against Ireland or France?

All I want is to have a bench player who is trusted on the bench for more than 5 minutes. Otherwise really what's the point? Why not just have another forward on the bench if there is no trust there.
But he will be trusted 100% to be in the match day 23 and he'll be trusted 100% if he comes on after 20, 40 or 60 minutes. If a player doesn't come off the bench at all, it's because SB also 100% trusts the players that are already on the pitch. I think that's a good thing.