• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Scotland vs France - 10/02/24

Can you show me the clear still with it on grass and over the line. I couldn't get it from watching.

I'm not against Scotland more I didnt see the 100% evidence that was needed and more defending the TMO who can't overturn without it
Mate, I just dont care that much to rewind and go still from still... I'm not pro or anti Scotland, but let's say VDM got away with one, then France did, it's even.

Kayser was doing the dishes before he left the house this morning. Just pretending the Marigolds are the fashion now.

Mate, I just dont care that much to rewind and go still from still... I'm not pro or anti Scotland, but let's say VDM got away with one, then France did, it's even.
Again I agree. But equally the point stands TMO was 100% correct and noone has actually shown proof that he wasn't.

The TMO messed up by saying it was on the ground before hesitating and backtracking. Bet he regrets saying the ball was on the ground.

Could do without 90% of the analysis being ill-informed comments on the refereeing too!
This is my biggest bug bear like noone can say what TMO or Ref did wrong there at end. Both actually were correct.
Yes it looked likely it was a try on reviews which Berry would never have seen live BUT there was no clear inclusive evidence.
Per rules refs were clear in communication and explanation

The TMO messed up by saying it was on the ground before hesitating and backtracking.
No he was spot on. There was no proof it was over line and he said it looks like it on the ground bit could not find angle which was needed to back it up. That shows clearly ballot ground over line

No he was spot on. There was no proof it was over line and he said it looks like it on the ground bit could not find angle which was needed to back it up. That shows clearly ballot ground over line

Berry literally told the captains it was held up which suggests no grounding.

What's done is done. A tough one to take. At least Russell stayed composed and respectful during his on pitch interview.

Berry literally told the captains it was held up which suggests no grounding.
No. That is false. He said his initial decision was held up. That can't be reversed without clear and obvious evidence. Like this isn't a new rule.

Did it look like a try. Yes noone is denying that but no out and out clear views which are needed

Should have said I don't have clear evidence of grounding instead of saying I think I have a ground here, waiting 5 seconds, and being like "oh wait, nvm, actually I'm not that certain". It just looks bad.
Yup this is the entire problem Berry was literally about to award the try as well before he pulled the breaks. Absolutely shithousery.

Yup this is the entire problem Berry was literally about to award the try as well before he pulled the breaks. Absolutely shithousery.
Not really issues for Scots is their usual achilles heel.
They try to make excuses instead of learning and getting better. They are saying they are up there now but any top team at home would never be scraping to try and win those against that.
1.Berry was right to say initially held up as it was.
2. TMO did say I think it is grounded but he couldn't generate the clear evidence to get the try awarded.

I think honestly Scotland only have themselves to blame. Like was mentioned the VDM high tackle isn't getting much mention and that was a pen try.

Unfortunate way for a game to end, but the ref understandably gave his infield of held up and there wasn't a clear image of it grounded even though we all know it realistically almost certainly was.

Have Scotland met their target of winning the grand slam and the world cup in the same year yet? Pretty sure that one dates back to 2015.
Being honest of anything Scotland have missed the boat under Townsend and are regressing. Wait another 12 months and see.

Maybe he should have tried beat a bad France team and make it clear cut than being reliant on a last minute call.

Like I think the ending mixed with how bad France were hide how poor Scotland are compared to how they think they are World Class.
They beat a poor Welsh team who didn't turn up for 40mins last week by a hair and this week fell to a terrible terrible French team.
It is hiding alot of faults.

If anything Townsend comments would make me worry he doesn't know the laws which isn't good for head coach