• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Scotland vs France - 10/02/24

To be fair TMO was 100% correct. There was no clear and obvious view to overturn.
He said it looks like it down but has to give a clear and obvious view.
Did we see a clear view. The main view looks like it but still wasn't 100%.
Scotland should have been clear there
For me that final angle they rocked back and forth showed a clear grounding, though

Scotland lost that game with some hugely negative tactics in that 2nd half
Would have worked fine without a debutant at fullback though. Fine margins, but a narrow loss doesn't mean it was the wrong approach.

Show me the clear clear picture of the ball on the grass and over the line. I didn't see it in them pictures.
Show me the clear evidence the ball is over line and on the ground
There were 2 angles, the first the view of the ball under the arm is clearly touching grass, the second higher angle you clearly see the tip of the ballon the ground for a frame...
Wait 30 mins and the pics will flood social media lol

To be fair TMO was 100% correct. There was no clear and obvious view to overturn.
He said it looks like it down but has to give a clear and obvious view.
Did we see a clear view. The main view looks like it but still wasn't 100%.
Scotland should have been clear there
It was clear. We know the dimensions of a rugby ball compared to an arm. Unless there's a hole in the ground there cannot possibly been anything under the ball

Okay, I was talking about the TMO's communication not the call.
Bit communication is clear.
Onfield decision. Held up.
I need 100% evidence to overturn.

TMO was like I think it is grounded and I'm tracing every angle to get that 100% needed. But could not get it.
Not saying rule is right but it is clear

More rationally, we got away with one with the Duhan offences in the first half, and ultimately I like the approach of ref making a call and then TMO having to overturn.

Once again I thank Wales in 2010 for ensuring I never have hope!
To be fair, one of the 2 potential DVM offences should have stood, so decisions evened themselves out

Would have worked fine without a debutant at fullback though. Fine margins, but a narrow loss doesn't mean it was the wrong approach.
I understand those tactics if you're the inferior team but Scotland certainly weren't that today

There were 2 angles, the first the view of the ball under the arm is clearly touching grass, the second higher angle you clearly see the tip of the ballon the ground for a frame...
Wait 30 mins and the pics will flood social media lol
Can you show me the clear still with it on grass and over the line. I couldn't get it from watching.

I'm not against Scotland more I didnt see the 100% evidence that was needed and more defending the TMO who can't overturn without it

If you know the dimensions of the ball and you trust that terra firma is flat on a rugby pitch, the evidence is clear and obvious. If you want to abrogate from making the decision or deny reality to be cool then it's not clear and obvious.

Imagine if that was the decision to determine the WC final! Whole process needs reviewing imo inc. the held up over the + on field decision thing.
This probably is the right/best process. Better than the 5m scrum which encouraged endless pick and goes, and I definitely prefer the referee having to make a decision first. I guess you could change it so held up tries don't end the game and the dropout has to be taken.

Missed it as I had to put a cranky 2 year old to bed. However, sounds like as usual the biggest issue is consistency. I'm positive refs have overturned their decisions based on less evidence than that and this is another example of it. I'll watch later, but I agree with @munstermuffin If it is not 100% clear then you can't give it and that should be for all decisions. Probably is not enough.

Bit communication is clear.
Onfield decision. Held up.
I need 100% evidence to overturn.

TMO was like I think it is grounded and I'm tracing every angle to get that 100% needed. But could not get it.
Not saying rule is right but it is clear
But he never should have said "I think I have a grounding". He is the judge at this point and needs to know everyone can hear what he is saying. Shouldn't be broadcasting his every thought.

Should have said I don't have clear evidence of grounding instead of saying I think I have a ground here, waiting 5 seconds, and being like "oh wait, nvm, actually I'm not that certain". It just looks bad.

At least Russell was on money after game. Reacted respectfully and I think he know Scotland should have put that game to bed against poor French

More rationally, we got away with one with the Duhan offences in the first half, and ultimately I like the approach of ref making a call and then TMO having to overturn.
I think this is good.
France "screwed" by Berry early on
Scotland "screwed" by TMO

Happy to call it quits, and the score board is a fair reflect.

Latest posts