• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2018/19 Thread

With underhill sadly injured and Tcurry second choice where does Kvesic stand? He has looked alot better this season playing 8 for Chiefs (obv would have him 7) and is deffinatly worth a shot.

Curry is 2nd choice?

Kvesic will be standing somewhere near the bar in the Sandy Park clubhouse, EJ has shown time and time again he has no interest in using him

We could really have a Curry on each flank and I wouldn't complain. Although Wilson deserves a play somewhere.

6. Wilson, 7. Curry, 8. Binny is a pretty fantastic backrow tbf

Shields will start, though, and I wouldn't be overly surprised to see a lock move in front of Wilson.

Curry is 2nd choice?

Kvesic will be standing somewhere near the bar in the Sandy Park clubhouse, EJ has shown time and time again he has no interest in using him
Ok Curry vs Underhill is a different question, 2 different players but both great.

My question is who is 3rd? Kvesic a few years ago i wouldnt have put in but he is a much better player now and i think deserves a shot, not over the other 2 but still. Yes EJ has shown no interest in him(or Bcurry for thay matter) what is the order of our 7s?

I just dont want to be a left with 6.5 if robshaw returns.

What EJ thinks aside, does no one else think Kvesic has stepped up this season and worth a shot at least as a squad player and injury cover.

Doubt you'll find many in England who don't think Kvesic deserves a chance, he's deserved a look in since his Worcester days.
Fact is multiple England coaches have barely looked his way, other than when we were missing a ton through lions/injury/international rest - I can't see EJ doing a 180 this close to the WC.

We'll have Curry at 7 with Wilson as cover. If Curry gets injured then who bloody knows. Probably Haskell at this rate.

Doubt you'll find many in England who don't think Kvesic deserves a chance, he's deserved a look in since his Worcester days.
Fact is multiple England coaches have barely looked his way, other than when we were missing a ton through lions/injury/international rest - I can't see EJ doing a 180 this close to the WC.

We'll have Curry at 7 with Wilson as cover. If Curry gets injured then who bloody knows. Probably Haskell at this rate.
Except his injured aswell
I can see curry hill Wilson shields and binny Wilson and shields at a push play 678 and lawes and maro cover 6

6. Wilson, 7. Curry, 8. Binny is a pretty fantastic backrow tbf

Shields will start, though, and I wouldn't be overly surprised to see a lock move in front of Wilson.

Yep. His total lack of anything approaching form will not make any difference to Eddie.

I was willing to give him time to settle but we're now half way through the season and he's still missing tackles, still shooting out of the line to create dog legs, still throwing the ball away with stupid offloads and still seagulling to no obvious effect. He absolutely does not warrant selection.

Latest U20s Squad:

Forwards

Olly Adkins (Gloucester), Josh Basham (Durham University), Will Capon (Bristol Bears), Richard Capstick (Exeter Chiefs), Alex Coles (Northampton Saints), Nic Dolly (Sale Sharks), James Dun (Bristol Bears), Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers), Ted Hill (Worcester Warriors), Aaron Hinkley (Gloucester), Joel Kpoku (Saracens), Samson Ma'asi (Northampton Saints), Kai Owen (Worcester Warriors), James Scott (Worcester Warriors), Marcus Street (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Willis (Wasps).

Backs

Tom De Glanville (Bath), Fraser Dingwall (Northampton Saints), Connor Doherty (Sale Sharks), Ollie Fox (Yorkshire Carnegie), Tom Hardwick (Leicester Tigers), Ollie Hassell-Collins (London Irish), Josh Hodge (Newcastle Falcons), Ollie Lawrence (Worcester Warriors), Sam Maunder (Exeter Chiefs), Cadan Murley (Harlequins), Cameron Redpath (Sale Sharks), Arron Reed (Sale Sharks), Ollie Sleightholme (Northampton Saints), Marcus Smith (Harlequins), Gus Warr (Sale Sharks), Kieran Wilkinson (Sale Sharks).

You know I wouldn't mind if it wasn't this same rag that screeches to high heaven every time anyone involved in England so much as say hello to someone eligible from another country (or even actually English).

David Sisi called up by Italy

Didn't even realise he was playing for Zebre, presumed he was still at Not Nots

Is the England sqd named tomorrow
Still so many out injured its depressing
Dont shoot me
Cole and brown for recalls

Last edited:
Some good player's in the that list.
Yeah there is, would hate toe see moore, marchant and Randall as they have alot of potential, although moore seems more welsh than english on paper.

Didn't have a great u20s but it's a little early to write him off completely.

Latest posts