Heineken Cup Final: Northampton Saints - Leinster

Heineken Cup Final

• Northampton Saints

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Leinster

Votes: 30 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ERC have just announced that 73,000 tickets sold so far.

Shaping up to be a cracking match/atmosphere (though the MilStad always is)
Can't wait!

Missed a bit of photo shopping on her arse...she looks too human for an advertisement

Wait....why?
Why would they do that?

Pay out I assume you mean, not the lack of arse photoshopping?

I assume that they've budgeted for a Leinster win. Considering that most of their business is done over here, most bets will have been made on Leinster, meaning that even if Northampton win Paddy Power won't lose all that much more than they would have if Leinster had won. They get the publicity in exchange for the possibility of paying the Northampton payout should Saints win. Understandable trade off.

Fair enough,
Hopefully Saints win just to rub their faces in it (though a fair few Leinster fans will at least have the consolation of winning a bet on the losing team)

Fair enough,
Hopefully Saints win just to rub their faces in it (though a fair few Leinster fans will at least have the consolation of winning a bet on the losing team)

Yeah, I'm not all that sad about it, had a tenner on the game :D

Pitty that was through William Hill! :lol:

Leonardo+DiCaprio+%27Inception%27+vs.+Set+Dream+For+%231+Box+Office+1.jpg

Can I go down now and throw a mortgage on Leinster :D Just to get a few euro back :p

The teams ... dunno if they have been mentioned before.

Leinster: I Nacewa; S Horgan, B O'Driscoll, G D'Arcy, L Fitzgerald; J Sexton, E Reddan; C Healy, R Strauss, M Ross, L Cullen [capt], N Hines, K McLaughlin, S O'Brien, J Heaslip.
Replacements: J Harris-Wright, H Van Der Merwe, S Wright, D Toner, S Jennings, I Boss, I Madigan, F McFadden

Northampton Saints: B Foden; C Ashton, J Clarke, J Downey, P Diggin; S Myler, L Dickson; S Tonga'uiha, D Hartley [capt], B Mujati, C Lawes, C Day, C Clark, P Dowson, R Wilson.
Replacements: B Sharman, A Waller, T Mercey, M Sorenson, M Easter, S Commins, S Geraghty, J Ansbro

Surprised Jennings isn't starting but otherwise Leinster are as expected and Saints also have nice tight 5. Think this battle up front will be superb

FFS. Cheers for that Paddy. Cracker in the pic though.

They robbed money off me a few weeks back over a technicality. Why don't they advertise that.

I think the scrum and Poite could be Northamptons best weapons. Although if Hartley says something that upsets Poite he'll ref them out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am SHOCKED at those lineups. SHOCKED! Well, not that shocked.

In other news I was made redundant (again) today, so a big win is in order otherwise I may have to go on a rampage.

Latest posts