Club or Nation
Leinster

Heineken%20Cup.png

Ulster.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Castres.png

Ravenhill, Belfast - 12/10/2012 (20:00)

TV: Sky Sports/Sport+

Got my ticket a couple of days ago and I'm looking forward to it, hopefully we can repeat some of the success of last year in the Heineken.

Scarlets managed it, but it will be tough.

Munster managed it.... It should be easy!

I think Ulster just need to take it a game at a time. No point getting to far ahead of themselves. In the last two years no one really expected Ulster to reach the stages that they did..... Now the expectation is there and the question is can they handle it?

Will Pienaar be back with them? They seem to be doing fine without him, but it is H-Cup time.

Castres don't take this competition seriously especially away matches. I haven't researched it, but their away record in Europe is dismal.

They will be harder to beat in Castres though, but by no means impossible and Northampton and Ulster should back themselves to do it, especially if they are already out of the competition.

Castres and Montpellier are two French sides who you will just have to face depending on which team they put out.

Curious how the French don't like the Celts playing weakened sides in their league, but a couple of the French sides play weakened sides in Europe.

I wish Castres and Montpellier wouldn't do it though, it means that one team could lose to a strong side whilst another in the group gets a win over a weakened side. I wish they would play a strong side even when they are out of the competition.

If this match were 3 rounds later then I'd have Ulster down for certain. But I have no idea how seriously Castres will the tournament this year. Probably not very, but you never know.

If this match were 3 rounds later then I'd have Ulster down for certain. But I have no idea how seriously Castres will the tournament this year. Probably not very, but you never know.

Castres have won 1 away game (against Italian opposition) in their last 6 Heineken Cup campaigns.

I would have Ulster within the top 5 most likely to win the whole tournament, so this game should be formality. Of course first games are never easy and Castres have some quality but if this were Toulouse or Leinster this game would be seen as a 5 point opportunity.

I think so too, it will be tough but we're on a good run of form and are getting Pieenar back just in time.

Will be interesting to see whether he's rushed straight back - he'll have only just got off the plane really.

Will be interesting to see whether he's rushed straight back - he'll have only just got off the plane really.

I don't think we'll start him, depends how he is I suppose but Marshall has been playing well of late anyway.

Unless they put him at 10?

I would be very disappointed if this were to occur. Pienaar is a general at scrum half and against a pack like Castres, that is what we need. More importantly Jackson has been superb during the start of this season. He has to be backed to go the whole way and if it comes off and he continues to develop like he has done so far then Ulster will have the find of the season.

Latest posts