• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup P5: Leinster vs Exeter Chiefs - 13/10/2012

Spot the babbling brook user. A worse forum even then the Munster fans board.

I think Snoop was eluding to the fact that Exeter are clearly coming to the RDS with a squad that they know is not their best. Mumm is on the bench for goodness sake!
No, I mean they're terrible. Good to see Joe Schmidt realize he doesn't need to rush players back from injury against sub standard opposition. Fellow Pro 12 team the Scarlets will be much tougher next week.

Leinster by 20+. Bench emptied after 50 minutes.

Spot the babbling brook user. A worse forum even then the Munster fans board.

Big call there. Scarletfever pales in comparison to both of these, though.
I quite like the Not Nots board, especially last year where they had numerous bannings at once.

No, I mean they're terrible. Good to see Joe Schmidt realize he doesn't need to rush players back from injury against sub standard opposition. Fellow Pro 12 team the Scarlets will be much tougher next week.

Leinster by 20+. Bench emptied after 50 minutes.

On paper they may be a weaker team than Leinster but at the end of the day you never know what will happen, especially in the first round of the H-Cup. If Leinster play to their potential, then yes I would expect a big win, but if Leinster play to a substandard level (i.e like they did against Connacht) and Exeter play to a standard that has seen them upset many English teams, then an Exeter win is certainly very possible.

Last edited:
Exeter beat 'Quins last night so Leinster would have to watch out

Big call there. Scarletfever pales in comparison to both of these, though.
I quite like the Not Nots board, especially last year where they had numerous bannings at once.

Bah, the entire Sport Network is a collective mess of left-wing cliques and private clubs, patting themselves on the back while forcing their own biased opinions on the masses while pretending to be a public "forum".

On that note, just like babbling brook.

They're starting with Steenson, for that reason alone you can see they aren't really targeting this :p

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

I think Snoop was eluding to the fact that Exeter are clearly coming to the RDS with a squad that they know is not their best
wut

The Chiefs have a lot of continuation going on, 20 of the squad to face Leinster played on opening weekend of the season. This is their first-choice team.

I'm not sure why Mieres has lost a starting place though. He was on fire last season. I guess he must have lost form.

Don't think the Chiefs will win, but I doubt they're going to be as badly beaten as some might think. And I think the Chiefs have shown that they're good enough that beating the big teams isn't seen as an upset anymore.

Last edited:
Meres is still the best 10 (behind Evans) in the league.

Trés happy with that team. We've been lacking ball carriers in the pack this season, so the inclusion of Healy and Heaslip should remedy that. Had D'arcy been fit I'd still be inclined to give McFadden a go. He deserves a shot in the centre after last week. Madigan is being retained at fullback more out of necessity than out of choice - the only other option was to play Fionn Carr (shudders), but Isa should be able to split the defensive duties of the position with him. Aside fro that there isn't that much else out of the ordinary. With our tight five we should have a go at their scrum, as I've heard they're having some problems at tight head.

wut

The Chiefs have a lot of continuation going on, 20 of the squad to face Leinster played on opening weekend of the season. This is their first-choice team.

I'm not sure why Mieres has lost a starting place though. He was on fire last season. I guess he must have lost form.

Don't think the Chiefs will win, but I doubt they're going to be as badly beaten as some might think. And I think the Chiefs have shown that they're good enough that beating the big teams isn't seen as an upset anymore.

His kicking has gone a bit off.

I'd put D'Arcy iin the same class as O'Gara..................thanks for the memories!!

No, Darcy is a superb player. Ochoke is an arrogant, 1-trick pony.

#1stdigoftheyear

Latest posts