• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup P5: Leinster vs Exeter Chiefs - 13/10/2012

They had many, many chances but did not take advantage as their backs did not have that cutting edge that they had yesterday........and Leinster did what champions do....defended well!

Read above that Mieres was dropped as he was not kicking well? dewi just said that he has been kicking well all season......I know which I believe and there is the proof Dewi knows not what he is talking about!!

Read above that Mieres was dropped as he was not kicking well? dewi just said that he has been kicking well all season......I know which I believe and there is the proof Dewi knows not what he is talking about!!

The man can't even pronounce his own name correctly. What chance is there that he understand's the game of rugby lol?

Oh well, Leinster get another win with 16 men. I guess their players are gonna be pretty ashamed in the morning. Hope Clermont smash the **** out of them home and away, but probably unlikely going by last season reffing.

Exeter should be seriously proud. More polish and their attack will be far better. Need to get Nakalavuki into the game far more. Should have started Mieres and brought Steenson on at the end imo.

He's kicked 45 points so far in the Premiership but I have no idea what kind of % accuracy he has.

Utterly pathetic and blatantly biased refereeing robs Exeter of a result.

Leinster's scrum and lineout didn't function, there were countless knock ons and they didn't get out of second gear. Still Exeter couldn't capitalize. Why are they even in the competition?

Leinster will need to up their game in a major way against the Scarlets. You can get away with it against below average opponents who raise their game like the Chiefs, but not against a team that supplies the Welsh backline.

Oh well, Leinster get another win with 16 men. I guess their players are gonna be pretty ashamed in the morning. Hope Clermont smash the **** out of them home and away, but probably unlikely going by last season reffing.

Exeter should be seriously proud. More polish and their attack will be far better. Need to get Nakalavuki into the game far more. Should have started Mieres and brought Steenson on at the end imo.

Why would you wish for a team to get smashed simply because a ref favored them?

Also another reason we may not get smashed by Clermont could be we're good enough not to get smashed?:eek:

"Leinster are better than my team and have beat them in the past lets riot."

The referee was bad to whichever side had the ball today not just Exceter. He was a poor ref who wasn't fit to ref a match outside the top14 and even if he had have favoured Leinster it's no reason to hate them. The only reason people have to hate Leinster is because of their fans who joined circa '09 (I hate them too they were absolutely pathetic last week against Munster) or jealousy. Good teams have a habit of winning and that was the difference between the two sides not the referee who was equally crap to both sides.

Meh, a win is a win is a win, and given the circumstances, I'll take the win. Exeter were always likely so be dangerous (despite what others on here have posted), considering that they've shown themselves capable in the AP and were in their first European game.

Unhappy-ish, but we're not fecked yet.

EDIT: And in fairness, while we may have gotten a few calls, Mite clearly has something against us. Exeter lived offside today, but you wont hear any mention of that.

Funny you say that, every Leinster fan I met in Cardiff (so not all of them, but certainly a large number) was an utter soccerite.

You know that your lacking ball carriers when Mike Ross is making the most yardage!

The front five were poor as a unit, without a scrum or lineout we had no platform for our game. We still lacked an enforcer and generally the main problem wasn't Browne but actually Cullen, does he know how to tackle below the neck? We should have snapped up Gray, Touhy or even Stevenson.

The Backrow individually were not too bad. Heaslip had a pretty good game and Jennings was good at the breakdown.

The rucks were a concern on our own ball, they were very scrappy making it very difficult for Reddan.

Sexton had one of his worst games in a Leinster jersey in the last 2 years, couldn't get the backline moving at all and he left his kicking boots in the changing room. Ball retention in the backs was poor aswell. You can't just throw the ball up and hope someone gets it, an offload has to be to some who is an attacking threat in space.

The defence was pretty good and patient and a win is a win but now we need to make up points elsewhere. Are Clermont likely to gain 5 against Exeter in France? Probably, so we need to find an extra point somewhere else.

We know this team has class and top ability but it's taking them too long to find form!

U MAD?

3 Heineken cups in 4 years is not the product of Biased reffing. You're mad Jelly.

Leinster were poor yesterday , Very poor but we still won..And hopefully will hit form soon.

I dislike the jelly people touting success to refereeing.

So glad we had a fair referee for last season's Pro12 final, as Leinster have never won a game fairly and without help from a biased referee ever. True story.

The reason Ireland's economy went down the sh!tter is because of Leinster giving out so many handouts to referees/officials.

Funny you say that, every Leinster fan I met in Cardiff (so not all of them, but certainly a large number) was an utter soccerite.

U MAD?

3 Heineken cups in 4 years is not the product of Biased reffing. You're mad Jelly.

Leinster were poor yesterday , Very poor but we still won..And hopefully will hit form soon.

I dislike the jelly people touting success to refereeing.

last year vs clermont...

You're right. Wayne Barnes knocking the ball out of Wesley Fofana's hands as he crossed the try line was sickening.

You're right. Wayne Barnes knocking the ball out of Wesley Fofana's hands as he crossed the try line was sickening.

It is always more subtle than this. Some unfair penalties given at the right moment to the right team and it can become an clear unfair match. The referee can even be nice with the team that he has put down by the end of the match when the score is already made. Anyway, you won't never reckon it, you are supporting your team.

I am one who is pretty hard on referees but for anyone to think that there is corruption amongst the top (or even lower) level refs is having a laugh.

Deep down, I do not really believe that, nowadays, there are any who will consciously make a decision based on whether it will do one or the other team any good/harm - there are too many cameras and adjudicators marking them for that and just as the dirty player will be found out, so will the corrupt ref!

What I do believe is that there are few really good refs, some reasonable refs and many crap refs who may or may not improve and unfortunately, in making their decisions, they cannot maintain the consistency in those decisions throughout the match because they are out of their depths.

Latest posts