Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Heineken%20Cup.png

Sale.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Cardiff.png

Salford City Stadium, Salford - 14/10/2012 (12:35)

TV: Sky Sports​

Barring some kind of miracle ... then I sadly see a Sale win.

I hope we don't sh*t ourselves over it being the Heineken Cup and actually go out and play some rugby.

Are Roberts and/or Warburton likely to be involved? I'm completely in the dark over who is/isn't around for the Blues at the moment.

Would be good to see Warburton vs Seymour

Aaaaaallllssssooooo, Sky are bellends for pushing the time forward on this one - Sunday games should be 2/2.30/3, or whatever.
Can't go to this one now! Can still watch it on the telly, though, so that's something.

Last edited:
This is surely a must watch. Anything, and I do mean anything, could happen when these two front rows meet in the set piece. It's gonna be mental.

He, remarkably, looked decent (by his standards) vs Tigers.
Don't get me wrong, he got dicked in the scrums, and hard.
But some times he held his own, and didn't get pushed through his own arse.
Maybe Steve Diamond told him no more pies until we retain at least one of our own put ins :p

Not sure about Warburton, but I can certainly see Roberts starting.

A Sale win would not surprise me at all.

Can definitely see Sale winning, we simply haven't got the front 5 to compete in the HC anymore, only player who's international class is Bradley Davies. Really hope Warburtons around for this one, gonna need all the players we can get...
Doubt I'll be able to catch this one live in a pub over here or anything, so if someone would kindly point me towards some decent highlights afterwards, it'd be much appreciated!

Sodomise me sideways with Cipriani's ego, but you must be borderline suicidal over your club's prospects if you don't look at Sale and lick your lips. They've got all the conviction and intensity of a CoE vicar.

Sodomise me sideways with Cipriani's ego, but you must be borderline suicidal over your club's prospects if you don't look at Sale and lick your lips. They've got all the conviction and intensity of a CoE vicar.

Have you watched the Blues this year?
I would fancy out chances over Sale, more than the Blues.
(We did win our last match over in Sale, anyways)

I imagine this being like a boxing match between two inflatables. Only Sale, being an inflatable shark, win because Cardiff are an inflatable Blues album, and manages to become the first inanimate object in history to commit suicide out of frustration at the sheer pointlessness of their existence.

Have you watched the Blues this year?
I would fancy out chances over Sale, more than the Blues.
(We did win our last match over in Sale, anyways)

Of course I have, including 80 minutes of rapt attention to the Blues' most miserable evening of the year.

And I'd still be eying up Sale like manna from heaven, like a big-***ted art student with no self-respect and daddy issues when you're on a dry streak. Of course, that goes the other way as well...

The Ulster performance was bad, but from what I have heard, Glasgow was as dire.
Still, no need to worry about the pack, I guess. Not like Ulster have some very good tighthead or anything.

Cardiff Blues:
15 Leigh Halfpenny 14 Alex Cuthbert 13 Gavin Evans 12 Jamie Roberts 11 Tom James 10 Ceri Sweeney 9 Lloyd Williams
8 Andries Pretorius (c) 7 Sam Warburton 6 Josh Navidi 5 Lou Reed 4 Bradley Davies 3 Benoit Bourrust 2 Marc Breeze 1 Tafa'ao Filise
16 Andi Kyriacou 17 Nathan Trevett 18 Scott Andrews 19 James Down 20 Robin Copeland 21 Lewis Jones 22 Gareth Davies 23 Dan Fish

Sale Sharks:
15.Rob Miller, 14.Mark Jennings, 13.Will Addison, 12.Sam Tuitupou, 11.Mark Cueto, 10.Nick Macleod, 9.Nathan Fowles, 1.Eifion Lewis-Roberts, 2.Tommy Taylor, 3.Tony Buckley, 4.Richie Gray, 5.Fraser McKenzie, 6.Richie Vernon, 7.David Seymour (capt.), 8.Andy Powell

Replacements: 16.Joe Ward, 17.Ross Harrison, 18.Vadim Cobilas, 19.Kearnan Myall, 20.James Gaskell, 21.Cillian Willis, 22.Danny Cipriani, 23.Johnny Leota

Cardiff Blues:
15 Leigh Halfpenny 14 Alex Cuthbert 13 Gavin Evans 12 Jamie Roberts 11 Tom James 10 Ceri Sweeney 9 Lloyd Williams
8 Andries Pretorius (c) 7 Sam Warburton 6 Josh Navidi 5 Lou Reed 4 Bradley Davies 3 Benoit Bourrust 2 Marc Breeze 1 Tafa'ao Filise
16 Andi Kyriacou 17 Nathan Trevett 18 Scott Andrews 19 James Down 20 Robin Copeland 21 Lewis Jones 22 Gareth Davies 23 Dan Fish

I give up. All hail the awesomeness that is Gavin Evans!

Why Tom James?! We have Harry Robinson and Tom Williams, why start the brainless ***? Our bench is pretty damn weak too, gonna guess Tovey is injured? Interesting seeing Nick McCloud playing against his old club, loved that guy when he was at Cardiff!

Why Tom James?! We have Harry Robinson and Tom Williams, why start the brainless ***? Our bench is pretty damn weak too, gonna guess Tovey is injured? Interesting seeing Nick McCloud playing against his old club, loved that guy when he was at Cardiff!

I too would have picked Harry Robinson over Tom James, but would probably have James over Williams for the time being. James is still a devastating runner, but that's of little use when 90% of his breaks come to nothing because he doesn't have the vision to see the supporting runners / throws some silly offload that has about a 10% chance of working. Let's hope he has one of his better games.

Yeah, Tovey injured himself against Ulster, while Patchell was injured against Treviso. That unfortunately means playing Sweeney who seems to enjoy playing 10+ meters behind the gainline nowadays.

I was never all that impressed with Nick Macleod when he was with Cardiff/Blues. I was quite surprised with the impact he made when he moved to Sale tbh.

Last edited:

Latest posts