• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v South Africa

I don't think anyone is really losing the run of themselves but we still wouldn't have gotten close to that performance from O'Gara. It was a very solif performance and very composed from someone in only their second test, can only improve with games at this level, needs to start away in Paris definitely, that's the next big test we need to see if he's capable of coping with.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Nov 29 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Am I the only person thinking Sexton's performance wasn't anything special? I mean, if O'Gara played like that, nobody would bat an eyelid. His goal kicking was quite good as was his positional play but he didn't exactly get the backline firing on all cylinders and he misjudged a couple of kicks when Ireland were attacking.

I'd give him 7 out of 10 but no more than that. It must be a huge confidence boost for him to beat the World Cup winners in only his 2nd cap though. There's plenty more to come from him.[/b]

Agreed, was far more impressed by a player who was really thrown in at the deep end all of a sudden. Sean O'Brien, 2 ears younger than Sexton, dealing with the saffer back row with a 10 minute warning. 40 minutes he got and he was only told he'd be on the bench the day before the match!!

Heaslip and Wally had fantastic games aswell.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Nov 29 2009, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It was a very solif performance and very composed from someone in only their second test, can only improve with games at this level, needs to start away in Paris definitely, that's the next big test we need to see if he's capable of coping with.[/b]
That's what I was trying to say. He was very solid but unspectacular and he'll improve with more top level games. I see him starting at least 4 of the 6 Nations games. Knowing Declan Kidney, he'll possibly throw a curveball and start O'Gara in one of those games to keep everybody on their toes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Nov 29 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Am I the only person thinking Sexton's performance wasn't anything special? I mean, if O'Gara played like that, nobody would bat an eyelid. His goal kicking was quite good as was his positional play but he didn't exactly get the backline firing on all cylinders and he misjudged a couple of kicks when Ireland were attacking.

I'd give him 7 out of 10 but no more than that. It must be a huge confidence boost for him to beat the World Cup winners in only his 2nd cap though. There's plenty more to come from him.[/b]

Agreed. He did nothing special in open play. Twice he was turned over because he was isolated, and i also remember him screwing up a possible counter-attack by going it alone (which resulted in a turnover.) He is a very good goal kicker, but he didn't do anything special.

I think that Kearny and D'Arcy were the two standout players. BOD had a good break, but didn't do much else apart from knock himself out. Bowe was also dangerous, and is probably the best all-round winger in the game at the moment.

Ferris, Heaslip and Wallace were also nothing special, but this was probably because POC played 5 different positions by himself. Brilliant game by him i thought.

On our side, Jaque Fourie had another good game, and Brussouw did his usual. Beast also played well.

Andries Bekker was toss, and Morne Steyn needs to up his game fast. He needs to realize that playing number 10 is not only about kicking.

I'm happy that for the first time in years our 10 actually made a tackle. Unbelievable.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Nov 29 2009, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm happy that for the first time in years our 10 actually made a tackle. Unbelievable.[/b]

That's unfair. Rog has made tackles over the years. At least 3.

I'm really loving the fact that the NH teams (apart from *cough Eng.. Ugh cough) are standing up to the Bullies of rugby. It would be so so so good for the game if Ireland or France can win the next world cup.

Yeah. Actually now that you mention it, England and Wales were the only NH teams not to beat a Tri Nations side.(well except Italy, but come on.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Nov 30 2009, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Agree. And he screwed up a cross kick so badly the Saffers could have scored ... if they'd caught the damn thing. It was like a shallow garryowen to the left wing, and our winger wasn't even under it.

I suspect ROG will start the 6N.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Nov 29 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I suspect ROG will start the 6N.[/b]
He will if Sexton's form drops off and O'Gara raises his game drastically. Right now Sexton is the man in possession of the shirt and deservedly so.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Nov 30 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Nov 29 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He will if Sexton's form drops off and O'Gara raises his game drastically. Right now Sexton is the man in possession of the shirt and deservedly so.
[/b][/quote]
Disagree. Sexton had a great game against Fiji, solid game against SA. Both friendlies. There's a lot more at stake come end of January, and ROG knows how to get the business done.

ROG hasn't done anything since the Wales game. He was pretty cack through the 6 nations too actually.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Nov 29 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Nov 30 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Nov 29 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
Disagree. Sexton had a great game against Fiji, solid game against SA. Both friendlies. There's a lot more at stake come end of January, and ROG knows how to get the business done.
[/b][/quote]

Not to mention bottle it under pressure.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Nov 29 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ROG hasn't done anything since the Wales game. He was pretty cack through the 6 nations too actually.[/b]

What he said.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Nov 29 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
and ROG knows how to get the business done.[/b]
Indeed. I believe he and his wife celebrated the birth of twins last year. Congrats to them.

As for his performances on the field, they've been on a steep decline since the start of the year. Hopefully Sexton's rise will spur O'Gara onto something approaching his form of late 2006/early 2007.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Nov 30 2009, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Nov 29 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and ROG knows how to get the business done.[/b]
Indeed. I believe he and his wife celebrated the birth of twins last year. Congrats to them.

As for his performances on the field, they've been on a steep decline since the start of the year. Hopefully Sexton's rise will spur O'Gara onto something approaching his form of late 2006/early 2007.
[/b][/quote]
Hehe. Business as in GRAND SLAM - he managed that with declining form.

We have the big boys away and I expect Kidney will go with experience.

p.s. TehMite has switched country.

No, he didn't manage a grand slam with his <strike>shitty inability to play</strike> "declining form", the rest of the team <strike>squeeked</strike> won a Grand Slam despite his <strike>shitty inability to play</strike> "declining form".

That's right, and this time I'm not changing back until the RFU cleans out the staff and starts again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Opperstopper @ Nov 29 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can we have Kidney? You guys can have PdV.[/b]

not for all the tea in China, interesting that in the Awards so far none of the South Africans have yet to nominate De Villiers as coach of the year.

Latest posts