• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v South Africa

Kidney wouldn't know what to do as the Springboks coach... The only Munster player on his radar would be JdV. Who's turned ****.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 29 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Kidney wouldn't know what to do as the Springboks coach... The only Munster player on his radar would be JdV. Who's turned ****.[/b]
WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, MAN?

:mellow: :huh: <_<

Originally posted by Incredible Shalke
If SA get their big guys running onto the ball, they'll just smash through the line, however if it gets nervy and close again Steyn will kick everything and it will be a close one.

Heh. Only brought it up because you had the nerve to diss the Sex in that post.

So, i watched the highlights again just now, and need some clarity on the law. Right at the death, when Ireland were awarded that penalty, was it legal for BOD to do that?It looked to me as though he jumped and fell straight over the ball. Surely that's a professional foul, as a ruck was already formed?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 30 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So, i watched the highlights again just now, and need some clarity on the law. Right at the death, when Ireland were awarded that penalty, was it legal for BOD to do that?It looked to me as though he jumped and fell straight over the ball. Surely that's a professional foul, as a ruck was already formed?[/b]

Sorry, it was not BOD, it was someone else. BOD mad the tackle. Great tackle though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 30 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 30 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, i watched the highlights again just now, and need some clarity on the law. Right at the death, when Ireland were awarded that penalty, was it legal for BOD to do that?It looked to me as though he jumped and fell straight over the ball. Surely that's a professional foul, as a ruck was already formed?[/b]

Sorry, it was not BOD, it was someone else. BOD mad the tackle. Great tackle though.
[/b][/quote]

That was a real WTF moment! Clearly the ruck was formed and then the player came flying right over, so I don't understand why the Boks got penalised. One thing I've really noticed throughout basically all the matches not just the Boks one but other SH vs NH is that there is clear difference in the quality of refs. I basically hate all refs because they make noticeable and sometimes as it seems to me deliberate mistakes, but the NH refs seems to take the standard of refereeing down even further. I don't think I'll go as far as to say Owens cost us the game because we played pretty ****, kicked the ball aimlessly and had no plan B.

The IRB needs to take a good look at the whole ref system and really starting to take action against their poor performances. Also I feel players and coaches need to have the right to question and criticize refs.

Well done Ireland well played. The game was pretty poor from both sides as neither team threatened the line throughout the match.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 30 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I think it was D'Arcy but I'll have to take another look at it. Either way the first few players to compete at a ruck are being given a huge amount of leeway nowadays to clear out the rucks. The concept of "over the top" doesnt really apply unless you intentionally seal off the ball.

Incidently, the penalty was against Russouw (spelling?) for doing that squeezball thing, though it was Kirchner (spelling again :) ) who was the tackled player. He flopped off his feet and sealed the ball. Again, no idea what the Irish player did but I presume he went flying over the top of Russouw as he was conceeding the penalty.

I could of course be wrong.

As for Sexton. It wasnt more than an average performance, but coming from a 24 year old effective debutant against the world champions it was pretty feckin awesome.

He tackled well, he kicked well, he backed himself to run with the ball and his distribution off BOTH hands was pretty effective. Overall I thought he controlled the game very well while his more illustrius counterpart looked clueless. It everything you expect from an outhalf I agree, but looking at Jones, Wilko, Trin-duc, Giteau (vs Scotland), Steyn ...... putting it all together is never that easy. Doing it on a debut .......... pretty classy stuff.

http://www.sarugby.com/news/News/article/sid=12720.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The Springboks have accused Ireland number eight Jamie Heaslip of eye-gouging flanker Heinrich Brussow during Saturday's Test match at Croke Park.

The Springboks have asked citing commisioner Dougleas Hunter to look at the incident which took place during the first half of the 15-10 loss.

Hunter has noted the complaint and will review the video evidence before deciding whether there is a case against the Ireland loose-forward.

The complaint against Heaslip is the latest incident in an ugly exchange between the two countries after Ireland players were incensed at an alleged eye-gouge by Schalk Burger on Luke Fitzgerald during the British & Irish Lions tour.

Burger was later found not guilty of eye-gouging, but given a ban for reckless use of the hands on the face of another player.

Heaslip was one of the Lions players who were outspoken about the Schalk Burger incident earlier this year.

The complaint is an unusual one from the Springboks who have steadfastly refused to complain to match officials this season despite being on the receiving end of some dubious citing decisions throughout the international season.[/b]

I'm not actually sure what they are accusing Heaslip of here. It cant be interference with the eyes as thats not what Gouging is according to South African rugby officials. An interesting enough citing but you'd imagine there is nothing behind it.

Betcha Heaslip is sure to be banned for 12 weeks though, just as a precaution.

And additional rumours starting to do the rounds of the South Africans refusing to clap the Irish off the pitch after the match.

No idea whether it happened myself but it explains the confised looks on some of the Irish lads faces at the tunnel.

I couldnt care less either way, just passing on what I'm hearing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 1 2009, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And additional rumours starting to do the rounds of the South Africans refusing to clap the Irish off the pitch after the match.

No idea whether it happened myself but it explains the confised looks on some of the Irish lads faces at the tunnel.

I couldnt care less either way, just passing on what I'm hearing.[/b]

From what I hear just returning the compliment to the Irish players good sportmanship during the Lions series. Must be the reason why the Boks had double beers to drink and lost the dead rubber third test. But who really cares :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 30 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Don't even start; I mean what's the point of bringing up one isolated instance in an entire match of lets-fall-over-and-see-if-we-get-away-wi't-again or whatever else. Take it on the chin as Ireland took their opportunities and we didn't look up for a game to be honest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 30 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I couldnt care less either way, just passing on what I'm hearing.[/b]

Probably returning the favour (B&I Lions series) as Heaslip did in kind with face rucking Brussouw.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 30 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This season needs to end now...[/b]

Please, yes. But there is that damned Barbarians fixture to further f'up some of our key players in what has allready been too long a season... and I thought Nick Mallett still considered himself a Saffer.

Remember now that i never congratulated Ireland on the win; was trying to log in on Saturday but was way too ****** and gave up after not being able to type my correct password for the 4rth time. Congratulations and if it means anything, BOD is IRB player of the year in my world.

Latest posts