• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 16

Just the two televised games this week, for some reason

God forbid BT aren't able to show a repeat of the WWE newcomers show, or a repeat of a football chat show, or a college basketball highlights show (or use the bandwidth to put it on a BT Extra online only channel)

Hopefully we can get a win at Sandy Park on Saturday and hopefully Tigers and Saracens can win too.
As for the other games it should be a routine win for wasps, probably a high scoring game at Ashton Gate and although I think Sale will win it'll be close.

Regarding BT showing only 2 games this weekend that's nothing as round 20 only has 1!

I kind of get 2 as there is Six Nations on. Not great reasoning but maybe some weird logic.

With Bristol and Sale's form having picked up significantly, I think it's probably home wins all round.

Best chance of an away win is probably Saints, but Tigers might be too strong.

With Bristol and Sale's form having picked up significantly, I think it's probably home wins all round.

Best chance of an away win is probably Saints, but Tigers might be too strong.
I dunno, Gloucester are playing well too

True. I missed that they're away at Exeter.

The American guy who inexplicably picked Gloucester will be along to remind me soon enough.

Some really interesting games...

Bristol Vs Irish - Going for Brizzle by 3. Such a close game, with very attacking teams for both sides. Home Win for me due to home crowd by 3 plus tries for each team.
Tigers Vs Saints - Tigers by 5. home advantage for Tigers and some big players missing for Saints which may hamper. Tigers lineout/scrum too strong atm too. Montoya defo getting a double.
Exeter Vs Glaws - Glaws by 5 - Think Exeter looked really strong around the pitch against Wasps and really fronted up. Only issue being for Exeter that with so many injuries hard to keep going, plus IMHO Iosefa-Scott struggled against West/Hislop in the scrum and Rapava-Ruskin will eat him alive if he scrums like that. That Glaws maul off a lineout is deadly too.
Sale Vs Wuss - Sale by 10 - Sale playing well, key players back and Wuss won't be able to cope.
Wasps Vs Bath - Wasp by 7 - Before Launchbury/Barbeary returned i'd have said it will be close but with those lads back and a number of key players back (Fekitoa out again so Odogwu plays centre with Spink/Mills), think we will have too much at home. I'd expect our pack to boss the game.
Sarries Vs Quins - Sarries by 15 - I just have a sneaking suspicion at home against a weakened old enemy, Sarries will smell blood. Remember Wasps taking Sarries apart near Valentines day against weakened Sarries squad and can imagine Billy/Mako etc will be eyeing Quins up.

I'd go along with pretty much all of that.

Quins chances really depend upon injuries in our pack. We were down to the bare bones vs. Sale which really showed.

Unfortunately for the rest of the teams its our bye week so one team doesnt get its automatic full quota of points....

I'd go along with pretty much all of that.

Quins chances really depend upon injuries in our pack. We were down to the bare bones vs. Sale which really showed.
Very true.... Sale then Sarries Pack is pretty brutal..

FLLdUpkXMAA5Jik

Tigers have lacked control without Ford and with Borthwick's gameplan control it massive.
Don't see us winning this one

Wasps.PNG

Bath line up stronger than expected too:

Morzov, Du Toit, Rae, Richards, McInally, Faletau, Coetzee, Hughes - Spencer, Bailey, Muir, Ojomoh, Joseph, Rokoduguni, Prydie
Bench: Doughty, Cordwell, Verden, Dingley, De Carpentier, Simpson, Clark, De Glandville

View attachment 13258

Bath line up stronger than expected too:

Morzov, Du Toit, Rae, Richards, McInally, Faletau, Coetzee, Hughes - Spencer, Bailey, Muir, Ojomoh, Joseph, Rokoduguni, Prydie
Bench: Doughty, Cordwell, Verden, Dingley, De Carpentier, Simpson, Clark, De Glandville
Not that strong - just look at the bench - hanging on by our fingernails to be able to name a full 23

FLLdUpkXMAA5Jik

Tigers have lacked control without Ford and with Borthwick's gameplan control it massive.
Don't see us winning this one
I'm not sure about this one.
You're missing key players but we're still pretty much all over the place !
Hoping for a good game either way.

Not that strong - just look at the bench - hanging on by our fingernails to be able to name a full 23
Yh we have it off the bench for sure. Just surprised that Faletau was back and that i actually like your backline. With the likes of Spencer, Muir, Ojomoh, Bailey etc, you can threaten.

I'd back our pack for sure though.

Latest posts