• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - Scotland Vs England (04/02/2012 - 17:00)

did I hear Gary Neville gave them a bloody motivational speech..enough said

did I hear Gary Neville gave them a bloody motivational speech..enough said

I hear he is going to talk about the pride he felt when he played in a team that beat Scotland in 1996
biggrin.gif

Absoulotely gutted I cant make this one (work commitments), finish at 4 but cant get up to Edinburgh in time.

The confidence and arrogance of the English that i have spoken to is tragic. I hope we give them a doing.

Last edited:
Absoulotely gutted I cant make this one (work commitments), finish at 4 but cant get up to Edinburgh in time.

The confidence and arrogance of the english that i have spoken is tragic. I hope we give them a doing.

Care to be a bit more specific?

The confidence and arrogance of the english that i have spoken is tragic. I hope we give them a doing.

stupid daft stereo type and proof that no matter what an England team does you will always get some sad loser who needs to justify his hatred.

Now, now, settle down, let's review what he said.

"The confidence and arrogance of the english that i have spoken is tragic."

Now, I only got a high C for English, but to me he is criticizing the words that he spoke in English.

Well done for admitting you are over-confident to the extent of arrogance in your speech, good man.

Now, I only got a high C for English, but to me he is criticizing the words that he spoke in English.

Well done for admitting you are over-confident to the extent of arrogance in your speech, good man.

:D

I must be tired I had to read that twice then I got it
biggrin.gif
brilliant.

Last edited:
Good spot lord hope, It's just certain English people I have spoken to have been more than confident that they were going to thump us by a good 20/30 points. To me that is both over-confident and arrogant

Last edited:
Good spot lord hope, It's just certain English people I have spoken to have been more than confident that they were going to thump us by a good 20/30 points. To me that is both over-confident and arrogant

I think the posters on this forum paint a fairly accurate picture of most educated English supporters.

That going into this game there are many unknown quantities in their own side, but if the selections go mosly right they are quietly confident that they have the quality to see the home team off.

And to be honest, the closer we get to the game the more likely it seems that AR is going to start Parks, which will be... well it might just justify the loud-mouths, and put a bitter taste in my mouth for the train trip up :(

I think you need to dump the bad apples in your team like Lawes, Ashton, Hartley, Tuilagi etc and perhaps anyone who took part in that hideous Nike ad.. These guys only bring down the team and are only in it for the dirt factor. Maybe when you rid the team of these guys than perhaps you will see some love. Why can't an honest, decent player like David Strettle for example replace Ashton (who in my opinion is leaps ahead of that bird brain)..and please , no more swan dives!!!

Last edited:
I think you need to dump the bad apples in your team like Lawes, Ashton, Hartley, Tuilagi etc and perhaps anyone who took part in that hideous Nike ad.. These guys only bring down the team and are only in it for the dirt factor. Maybe when you rid the team of these guys than perhaps you will see some love. Why can't an honest, decent player like David Strettle for example replace Ashton (who in my opinion is leaps ahead of that bird brain)..and please , no more swan dives!!!

What on earth makes Lawes, Ashton, Hartley, Tuilagi bad apples. All four of them would probably get into most six nations 32 man squad most certainly Scotlands.

The reason we are not loved is because we are England getting rid of people will never ever change that.

I hope Ashton finds some form and is again top try scorer.
As long as he get's over the line what he does when he crosses it is really not my concern.

The solution perhaps is getting someone like Gatland in charge of England to put some good old fashioned manners on them! I do not dislike England but recent circumstances has tinted my perspective slightly, that is all :(

What on earth makes Lawes, Ashton, Hartley, Tuilagi bad apples.

All four of them would probably get into most six nations 32 man squad most certainly Scotlands..

First point, their disciplinary records (however some are undoubtedly worse than others)

Second point... What does it have to do with the first? I fail to see how your skill level should make people more lenient on your thuggery? (Not that I am saying the noted English players are thugs, just getting the point across)

What on earth makes Lawes, Ashton, Hartley, Tuilagi bad apples. All four of them would probably get into most six nations 32 man squad most certainly Scotlands.

Hratley once went around the pitch eye gouging like mad and used to start or be involved in loads of fights although he's improved now to be fair, Ashton is arrogant and thinks he's better than he thinks he is, Tuilagi and Lawes like to land hayemakers during on field scraps

First point, their disciplinary records (however some are undoubtedly worse than others)

Second point... What does it have to do with the first? I fail to see how your skill level should make people more lenient on your thuggery? (Not that I am saying the noted English players are thugs, just getting the point across)
What point is that?

Hratley once went around the pitch eye gouging like mad and used to start or be involved in loads of fights although he's improved now to be fair, Ashton is arrogant and thinks he's better than he thinks he is, Tuilagi and Lawes like to land hayemakers during on field scraps

Quelle Surprise, captain know-it-all Portrays his ill informed opinion as fact once again.

Latest posts