• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: All Blacks - Argentina (09-10-2011, 20:30)

Don't label all of us with the same tag!

j-dawg - if you really want to talk about that, take it to off topic - this isn't the time or the place to do so
It's causing arguments and upsetting members who were affected by the crisis

Bit harsh to put me in the spot. Im using one word answers and have already told them (yes them, who are saying far more about it than I am) to take it to the correct thread.

and btw, when was the last time I said anything of significance, on this subject, in this thread? It was a good few pages ago I'll bet and I think it ended with 'lets get back to rugby' or something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Don't label all of us with the same tag!

Of course not! It was something like " exception to the rule" ( Being the rule something like " English men are real gentlemen " were most of the english people i know fits really well )

Bit harsh to put me in the spot. Im using one word answers and have already told them (yes them, who are saying far more about it than I am) to take it to the correct thread.

and btw, when was the last time I said anything of significance, on this subject, in this thread? It was a good few pages ago I'll bet and I think it ended with 'lets get back to rugby' or something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You made the "correction" to the name Malvinas
You said "no" to let us called by their Spanish name

and this is what i wrote in post #71 :" it is sad to be focused only on " malvinas/falklands " , it was just an historic reference for the use of a term , i think i wrote a lot more interesting things about rugby ..."

you were sticking your finger where you shouldn´t

Right, drawing a line under all of this

No more talking on this subject: If you want to discuss it make a thread in offtopic and discuss there, there will be no more​ in here

totally agree to this..politics shouldn't be brought into the forum and quite frankly its boring me. (who cares!!)

So this game is kinda a preview for how Argentina will go in the 4 nations next year (using this name as it makes the most sense).
I think they'll go okay but think the class of the All Blacks will get them there in the end.
Interested to see the forward clash as the All Blacks haven't been tested in the forwards so far this world cup and this will give us some indication whether that's because the All Blacks forward pack is just freaking awesome or whether the opposition just has been **** poor.
Also this game should show us where we are going without Carter and hopefully end the debate of who our flyhalf is.
Only other interesting selection issue is whether we have Mils or Dagg at the back for the rest of the tournament but we should know that when the team is announced.

So this game is kinda a preview for how Argentina will go in the 4 nations next year (using this name as it makes the most sense).
I think they'll go okay but think the class of the All Blacks will get them there in the end.
Interested to see the forward clash as the All Blacks haven't been tested in the forwards so far this world cup and this will give us some indication whether that's because the All Blacks forward pack is just freaking awesome or whether the opposition just has been **** poor.
Also this game should show us where we are going without Carter and hopefully end the debate of who our flyhalf is.
Only other interesting selection issue is whether we have Mils or Dagg at the back for the rest of the tournament but we should know that when the team is announced.

Cool its happening like this, give the Nz public a taste of next year

I think Argentina is going to be a supporting cast at the most in the four nations, at least for the first two years.

We might manage to get one win at home, and matches against Argentina wont be easy, but it's unlikely we get more than one win and two or three close defeats.

This sunday, however, it's just one match winner takes all.

Our players usually step up to the plate in these ocasions (such as against Scotland, and I know they didn't play a great game, but they defended with much intensity to stay in the game and never gave up).

Now, don't get me wrong, this just puts us at a 5% chance to win instead of a 1%, is the match was played 20 times NZ would win 19... but it will be played only once, anything can happen.

Dear Argentina,
Please beat the all blacks.

Sincerely
The Commonwealth

I'm tempted to ask for a little southern island in return, but there's been a warning :p

Now back on topic, I think SA might prove to be a tougher final match rival than the All Blacks. Specially against a side like England who can put pressure on a rival, make them play the game they want, and put their kicks into the posts from really far.

I wish we could see a full-strength Pumas outfit going into this game. Yes, the ABs dont have Carter but the Pumas have been without Juan Hernandez for the whole of the world cup. Contemponi is injured as are many first choice players. Their ranks have also been depleted over time by economic migration to the Italian set-up which has impacted their strength in depth. Nevertheless they go into every test as committed and combative as ever. Vamos Pumas!

10 million USD? That sound to each city? That doesn't sound right. Can it?

I can't say for other cities but in Cape Town I can assure you we can expect a full stadium.

Argentina did better than the AB's in 2007. They ended 3rd and they managed to beat France. Twice. Give them a chance; if they can manage to get their best players together they'll be competitive. Also regularly beat Scotland who has beaten SA and Aus recently. Definately a tier 1 rugby nation and thoroughly deserving of a spot alongside the best. Not that Samoa et al don't but the thing with Argentina has been coming for a while now and is finally here. Make the best of it, guys!

Thank you very much for South Africa to help and support to Argentina.

I think Argentina is going to be a supporting cast at the most in the four nations, at least for the first two years.

We might manage to get one win at home, and matches against Argentina wont be easy, but it's unlikely we get more than one win and two or three close defeats.

This sunday, however, it's just one match winner takes all.

Our players usually step up to the plate in these ocasions (such as against Scotland, and I know they didn't play a great game, but they defended with much intensity to stay in the game and never gave up).

Now, don't get me wrong, this just puts us at a 5% chance to win instead of a 1%, is the match was played 20 times NZ would win 19... but it will be played only once, anything can happen.

I think you just need to concentrate on making your home games as hard to win for visiting teams as possible. South africa have done that very well. Its alot about the atmosphere t the games too. If you can do that then your team will travel with the confedence of winners

Have the AB's toured Argentina before?

Dear Argentina,
Please beat the all blacks.

Sincerely
The Commonwealth

we must be self loathing being part of the Commenwealth and all ;)

The last match between the Pumas and the ABs in Argentina was in June 2006, ABs won 25-19.

Previously, NZ defeated ARG in Buenos Aires 24-20 in 2001.

The other matches from 2001 to the date where 61-10 on Christchurch, June 2001 and 41-7 on Hamilton, June 2004.

The Pumas have never defeated NZ in their history, with 16 defeats and 1 draw.

But it should be said that there has only been 4 matches in the last 10 years, and none in the last 4.

The last match between the Pumas and the ABs in Argentina was in June 2006, ABs won 25-19.

The other matches from 2001 to the date where 61-10 on Christchurch, June 2001 and 41-7 on Hamilton, June 2004.

But it should be said that there has only been 4 matches in the last 10 years, and none in the last 4.

I remember the last game, the All Blacks had a home test then changed the whole starting 15 away to Argentina. Jerry Collins was captain - obviously very nervous about the situation he went peepee on the field just before kickoff and got caught on TV lol

I'm tempted to ask for a little southern island in return, but there's been a warning :p

Now back on topic, I think SA might prove to be a tougher final match rival than the All Blacks. Specially against a side like England who can put pressure on a rival, make them play the game they want, and put their kicks into the posts from really far.

If you beat them I will personally go down there and give you the keys myself! (only for you to turn up and find out their for a grotty little bike shed in Slough) :p

its only after you mention those games i remember them :huh:

10 million USD? That sound to each city? That doesn't sound right. Can it?

I can't say for other cities but in Cape Town I can assure you we can expect a full stadium.

Argentina did better than the AB's in 2007. They ended 3rd and they managed to beat France. Twice. Give them a chance; if they can manage to get their best players together they'll be competitive. Also regularly beat Scotland who has beaten SA and Aus recently. Definately a tier 1 rugby nation and thoroughly deserving of a spot alongside the best. Not that Samoa et al don't but the thing with Argentina has been coming for a while now and is finally here. Make the best of it, guys!

And I suppose Georgia would do well against us as well considering they held Argentina out until the end.

Comparing results from playing other nations means nothing. Australia lost to Samoa and beat the All Blacks then went on to lose to Ireland. It's all about what happens on the day.

I reckon Argentina will be winning by 4 points with 1min to go with the All Blacks hot on attack than the power will go out and the stadium will go pitch black with SBW 10m from scoring a try. The ref won't see the try being scored so when the lights come back on he notices his watch says fulltime so he blows the whistle :(

i reckon argentina will be winning by 4 points with 1min to go with the all blacks hot on attack than the power will go out and the stadium will go pitch black with sbw 10m from scoring a try. The ref won't see the try being scored so when the lights come back on he notices his watch says fulltime so he blows the whistle :(

fail!!!

Latest posts