• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: All Blacks - Argentina (09-10-2011, 20:30)

I dont think you can make a game plan around hopeing the other team makes some mistakes but yes, i'm sure that would help, canadas second try for example, one (big) mistake and they were in

I am really wondering what they are going to call it now, i guess they know by now but haven't said anything that might ditract from the WC?

We have no choice... I mean, we haven´t got too many options... I particularly agree with most of the opinions that you are saying... Good defence and let the clock do his job... But I insist in not playing in the kiwi velocity that would be a knock-out for sure...

Is any possibility Slade feeling the pressure and missing penalties, conversions?

All the attention with Carter's injury, good for us... McCaw is playing, isn´t it?

P.d: @jmmas I don't forget, believe me I can´t, I have a different opinion but I think this is not the ambit to talk about that.

is there any chance that Argentina will let somebody else other than Contepomi (who's goal kicking has been dire for the last 12 months) take the goal kicks for this match

This morning , i read a part of yesterday´s press conference with the AB , and they were sayng that " pumas are some kind of animals that bite sheeps in the neck, and a farmer should be worried about them ..

was like that?

is there any chance that Argentina will let somebody else other than Contepomi (who's goal kicking has been dire for the last 12 months) take the goal kicks for this match

I don't think so, no one in the 29 has a decent kick at least in this RWC, with this "jabulani" ball or whatever... Contempomi, Rodriguez Gurruchaga, or even Bosch that tried a derisory penalty of a light-year distance...

Thanks for remind me Juan M. Hernandez injury btw!

sorry if i offend anyone, but why are they changing the 3N??? why is ARG joining?? if they are going to join...why not Samoa and fiji??? is it about money??? why don't Samoa fiji & Arg start their own 3N :? or why not all 6 start a SH 6 nations :?

Because Argentina finished 3rd in the Rugby World Cup 2007, consistanly beat tier 1 opponents and had no international competition. Their stadiums always get big numbers and there is a huge financial benefit from expanding the game in Argentina. Samoa, Tonga and Fiji can't consistantly provide their top team and can't consistantly beat tier 1 nations. There is no financial benefit from involving any of the PI nations, as their stadiums could not sell out or provide the same international interest (not trying to be rude or dismissive, just pointing out the reason why they are not included).

I don't think so, no one in the 29 has a decent kick at least in this RWC, with this "jabulani" ball or whatever... Contempomi, Rodriguez Gurruchaga, or even Bosch that tried a derisory penalty of a light-year distance...

Thanks for remind me Juan M. Hernandez injury btw!

Nico Sanchez, but....people that "knows" says he is too young ....

Well , the main reason is that the contract with Argentina is 4 years long , and the name has been changed to " protect " the 3N name, in case the "experiment" fails (in the economic side , of course , as for team play I guess Argentina can only improve, because we are in the lower step of the best rugby , and ready to climb)

The IRb will give a compensation of u$s 10.000.000 to each city that host a match whit Argentina as visitors, because they think that will be a faillure in the tickets sales, merchandising selling and , it is obviously, touristically ( it is easier to have visitors fans between SA, Aus , and NZ that expecting visitors fans from Argentina)

Martin

10 million USD? That sound to each city? That doesn't sound right. Can it?

I can't say for other cities but in Cape Town I can assure you we can expect a full stadium.

sorry if i offend anyone, but why are they changing the 3N??? why is ARG joining?? if they are going to join...why not Samoa and fiji??? is it about money??? why don't Samoa fiji & Arg start their own 3N :? or why not all 6 start a SH 6 nations :?

Argentina did better than the AB's in 2007. They ended 3rd and they managed to beat France. Twice. Give them a chance; if they can manage to get their best players together they'll be competitive. Also regularly beat Scotland who has beaten SA and Aus recently. Definately a tier 1 rugby nation and thoroughly deserving of a spot alongside the best. Not that Samoa et al don't but the thing with Argentina has been coming for a while now and is finally here. Make the best of it, guys!

10 million USD? That sound to each city? That doesn't sound right. Can it?

I can't say for other cities but in Cape Town I can assure you we can expect a full stadium.

It sounds odd to me too , but that`s what i ´ve heard, maybe is 10000000 for the 3 cities that host our 3 games away..

all the profit in our home games stays in Argentina.

Martin

It sounds odd to me too , but that`s what i ´ve heard, maybe is 10000000 for the 3 cities that host our 3 games away..

all the profit in our home games stays in Argentina.

Martin

I think I read it was 10 mill total.

It's very hard to talk sense into people who are impervious to rational thought, empathy and logic.

Let me go out on a limb here: wouldn't it make more sense to argue about politics in say... a politics related forum?
Think hard. Take your time before you answer.

New Zealand win but Argentina will make it difficult like they always do, as they up their game significantly in the World Cup, never mind in a game of this magnitude.

You guys are talking about a success or a faillure taking in count the difference in the score for the AB

the question is :

loosing for how much will make a succes or a faillure for the argentinian team?

Obviously, i expect a Pumas victory, i feel the same way in 2007 , opening match against France

Martin

Everything is possible, that's the same every time. I just think chances are slim for the Pumas to win but who knows.

It would be an alternative (Phelan won't do it), but we have no guarantees that he won't fail... I mean, we are playing the all blacks on sunday...

I'm thinking all I'm going to drink if we win this game...

English courtesy...the best example
Don't label all of us with the same tag!

j-dawg - if you really want to talk about that, take it to off topic - this isn't the time or the place to do so
It's causing arguments and upsetting members who were affected by the crisis

Latest posts