• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: England - France (08-10-2011, 20:30)

Apparently it's because he wore the mouthguard the Tigers gave him (much like Alesana did) instead of the IRB one....

Hmmm does not sound like the biggest controversy then. Media scraping the barrell

Wow, that is bull man. They should be happy he wearing a mouthguard.

Oh now heres another tweet :rolleyes:

• Tindall's 'mystery blonde' no longer a mystery according to the Mail. According to the paper it's his ex-girlfriend Jessica Palmer@danroan6 mins ago

Tindall to be sent home 'injured'?

I thought that was already known ages ago?
Or at least it was known (by all apart from the red top papers) that it was an old friend or something

That whole Tindall thing was ridiculous anyway
"Photo showing England captain Mike Tindall with face in blondes chest" = "Old friend kisses Tindall on his slaphead"

F***ing hate the tabloids

Indeed.

Like the guy could ever even attempt to cheat, he'd be hung! :p

Don't think her name was out, no doubt this will dominate the build up sadly. Has there been any further news on his injury? Gotta hurt Manu planting his leg on your knee

all this england hype is boring as ****. Yet another reason why my dictatorship will ban the tabloid press when I run the wet wankers out of the Commons.

Le XV de départ : Médard ; Clerc, Rougerie, Mermoz, Palisson ; (o) Parra, (m) Yachvili ; Bonnaire, Harinordoquy, Dusautoir (cap.) ; Nallet, Papé ; Mas, Servat, Poux.

Remplaçants : Szarzewski, Barcella, Pierre, Picamoles, Trinh Duc, Traille, Heymans.

Mas, Dusautoir et Rougerie will be playing. I hope they will really be fit and that they're not taking stupid risks.

Parra at ten. JESUS CHRIST. Wtf has Trinh Duc done to Marc ?

tell me about it, i think les beus have looked the best with parra at 9 and trinh-duc at 10.

I await Saturday with expectations that this will be little more than a mash up of mediocrity. France are in awful form and England are hardly great either.

England by less than 7.

Well what do you know...

Either Lievermont is trying to get one up the New Zealand media by saying 'We did select our first team against the All Blacks'

Or he has finally gone mad (well, madder than your average Frenchman ;) )

GO ENGLAND!!!! Been a scrappy WC from them...But thats usual from England in a WC..England by 3

Parra at ten. JESUS CHRIST. Wtf has Trinh Duc done to Marc ?

Parra @ 10 again, M.L. thinks if France pulls out a win he looks smarter than everyone else. If they lose he cant be criticized anymore than he is now. He also has established that the players are at fault anyway. I think he has a point to an extent, but he did not help by publicly pointing out the faults of his player. I believe in a keep the dirty laundry inside the house, but I am not the coach.

French 22 has been announced:

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR][TD] England [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] France [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 15 [/TD][TD] Maxime Médard [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 14 [/TD][TD] Vincent Clerc [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 13 [/TD][TD] Aurélien Rougerie [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 12 [/TD][TD] Maxime Merdoz [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 11 [/TD][TD] Alexis Palisson [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 10 [/TD][TD] Morgan Parra [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 9 [/TD][TD] Dimitri Yachvili [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 8 [/TD][TD] Imanol Harinordoquy [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 7 [/TD][TD] Julien Bonnaire [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 6 [/TD][TD] Thierry Dusautoir [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 5 [/TD][TD] Lionel Nallet [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 4 [/TD][TD] Pascal Pape [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 3 [/TD][TD] Nicolas Mas [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 2 [/TD][TD] William Servat [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 1 [/TD][TD] Jean-Baptiste Poux [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 16 [/TD][TD] Dimitri Szarzewski [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 17 [/TD][TD] Fabien Barcella [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 18 [/TD][TD] Julien Pierre [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 19 [/TD][TD] Louis Picamoles [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 20 [/TD][TD] Francois Trinh-Duc [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 21 [/TD][TD] David Marty [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 22 [/TD][TD] Cédric Heymans [/TD][/TR]
[/TABLE]

French XV for England:

Médard ; Clerc, Rougerie, Mermoz, Palisson ; (o) Parra, (m) Yachvili ; Bonnaire, Harinordoquy, Dusautoir (cap.) ; Nallet, Papé ; Mas, Servat, Poux.

Subs: Szarzewski, Barcella, Pierre, Picamoles, Trinh Duc, Marty, Heymans.

Diappointed, I hoped for Marty instead of Rougerie and Trinh-Duc instead of Parra. Glad Mas is back, it should stabilize our scrum. We'll still probably be beaten in the scums, but Hari, Bonnaire and Servat should mean a good lineout.

I really dont understand this Parra thing. Sure TD didn't have awesome games against Japan and Canada, but neither did Parra against NZ and Tonga, moreover TD did good when he entered in both those games. And I really don't relish Tuilagi, Ashton and Tindall targeting the 10-12 channel. They are all three times as big as Parra.

We will win this game if we are more aggressive and manage to slow the ball down for the English and kick a lot of penalties (only thing we've been quite good at since the beginning). It will be really difficult.

After the match against Tonga, I reckon that France has nothing Toulouse against England.

Lievremont has some balls to pick Parra again at ten. I feel sorry for Parra to be at ten because he will have stop trains like Tuilagi in his channel.
If you want Yashvili and Parra at 9 and 10, maybe Yashvili should be fly-half and Parra scrum-falf. Yashvili is much bigger and stronger and his kicking I think is better than Parras. By the way, actually it seems that in France where is no difference playing scrum-half or fly-half. Most scrum-halves are better kickers than fly-halves in France.

Theres more difference to playing SH and FH than just kicking ;).
But thats a pretty strong French team. Very strong pack with Mas, Servat, Dusautoir and Haronordique.

Anyone know when the England squad is announced?