• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: Springboks - Wallabies (09-10-2011, 18:00)

Well I'm over this tournament. Bryce Lawrence, I hope whatever house was bought for you in Australia is worth it.

He was making up for practically every other of our internationals he has officiated. SA deserved that win, Australia was nonexistent from about the 30 minute mark in the first half.
A win is a win, but if we play like THAT next week, you can take solace in the blind drubbing the home-backed kiwis will hand us...

Giteau to fly out later this evening ;)

Anyone mentioned how all 3 Pool winners that have played so far are now out? Mad!

I'm completely neutral ... but that was the worst reffing I have ever seen. It was so bad against the Springboks that I think that the ref should have worn a yellow jersey.

How about some credit to the Australian defence rather than Bryce. They made well over 100 tackles in that game, absolutely brilliant. Before you blame the ref, how about looking at the guys who really stopped SA scoring:

McCabe
O'Connor
Samo
Elsom
Ashley Cooper

Best scrambling defensive effort I have ever seen. They made the tackles that mattered.

Tackles made: Australia 151-54 South Africa
Passes: Australia 69-203 South Africa
Runs: Australia 57-South Africa 141

It was the 24 turnovers they conceded which cost South Africa. Honestly, as a neutral I did not think Lawrence was that bad.

They had it both ways, always play to the ref's instruction.

Serves you right for just waiting to kick penalties I reckon.
Springboks, you do have a back line!!! Use them once in a while I reckon.

The Aussies were hardly on fire, but they are gutsy as hell!
Aussies you deserved to be winners, nullifying the almighty springboks, well done.

David Pocock for Prime Minister

Tackles made: Australia 151-54 South Africa
Passes: Australia 69-203 South Africa
Runs: Australia 57-South Africa 141

It was the 24 turnovers they conceded which cost South Africa. Honestly, as a neutral I did not think Lawrence was that bad.

I think you will be in a vast minority there, this year Bryce Lawrence has been by far the worst referee I have seen.

The first 15 min were quiet boring as Morne and Quade were just kicking it from side to another. The try by Horwell was awesome.
Have to agree that putting all your hope on your kicker isn't the best tactic.

Anyway, happy to see OZ going thru. Better luck next time SA

I think you will be in a vast minority there, this year Bryce Lawrence has been by far the worst referee I have seen.

Funny how people only seem to realise this after a Wallaby win

How about some credit to the Australian defence rather than Bryce. They made well over 100 tackles in that game, absolutely brilliant. Before you blame the ref, how about looking at the guys who really stopped SA scoring:

McCabe
O'Connor
Samo
Elsom
Ashley Cooper

Best scrambling defensive effort I have ever seen. They made the tackles that mattered.

Credit to the defense, but really, the officiating hurt SA badly in that game. I won't go so far as to say that you may be a teensy bit biased in favour of your national squad, but the way the Aussies were stretching their hands into the ruck you would think someone had smeared marmite on the ball.

Well I'm proud of the Boks. We played with courage and passion, and came close a couple of times. Well done to the Australia! You held your ground and you came through in the end. All the best in the semi-finals.

Latest posts