• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: Springboks - Wallabies (09-10-2011, 18:00)

So Aus, how does it feel to have cheated your way through a knock-out game? Or did you win this game fair and square?

Lawrence missed also 2 boks' tackles on the jumper Aus in the LO, a late shoulder charge of Steyn on Ioane...
Card here too..... :rolleyes:

you just have to wonder how the game would have ended if butch james came on for steyn

So Aus, how does it feel to have cheated your way through a knock-out game? Or did you win this game fair and square?

better than cheating just as much and losing i'd imagine?

Credit to the defense, but really, the officiating hurt SA badly in that game. I won't go so far as to say that you may be a teensy bit biased in favour of your national squad, but the way the Aussies were stretching their hands into the ruck you would think someone had smeared marmite on the ball.

Bryce was horrible to us all game. What was the penalty count? I don't it indicates him favoring us. Not to mention all the knock on calls that went against us.

SA were cheating equally as much as Pocock. (Pocock just did whatever he was letting SA do). They were offside, we were offside. So what? It would take blinkers from one side or another to say Bryce was favoring anyone.

^^slade.... what about quade costing the wallabies he was pretty average in this game bro. He'll have nowhere to hide against the AB's.

Bryce was horrible to us all game. What was the penalty count? I don't it indicates him favoring us. Not to mention all the knock on calls that went against us.

SA were cheating equally as much as Pocock. (Pocock just did whatever he was letting SA do). They were offside, we were offside. So what? It would take blinkers from one side or another to say Bryce was favoring anyone.

Agree but it makes it so much harder when you're trying to attack if the ref won't ping the defensive team. SA had all the ball and couldn't get anything going cause Lawrence was too gutless to penalise anyone.

I'm a proud South African fan. We played well given the situation on the pitch (The clown with the whistle, Australia's perfection of illegalities etc.)

+1
I agree, take the eye patch off and take a closer look.

Agree but it makes it so much harder when you're trying to attack if the ref won't ping the defensive team. SA had all the ball and couldn't get anything going cause Lawrence was too gutless to penalise anyone.

No disagreement there. He wasn't penalizing nearly enough. You could say it prevented SA getting points on the ball, you could say it prevent Oz from getting out of their own half.

At the end of the day, the main reason they didn't score was some monumental defence. They had so many chances to score, only for O'Connor and McCabe to completely shut the attack down.

I guess my frustration is that I prefer teams that attack, SA did all of that tonight and got no benefits from it. Hate to see the better team not win. Aus deserve praise for their defence, but it was greatly helped by being able to slow down the ball at every ruck and get turnovers at key times that were very illegal.

Aussies you deserved to be winners, nullifying the almighty springboks, well done.

Really?...I dont know, the Wallabies won but it was the Boks that impressed me.

I think you will be in a vast minority there, this year Bryce Lawrence has been by far the worst referee I have seen.

Please dont visit his twitter page please people lol.

No disagreement there. He wasn't penalizing nearly enough. You could say it prevented SA getting points on the ball, you could say it prevent Oz from getting out of their own half.

At the end of the day, the main reason they didn't score was some monumental defence. They had so many chances to score, only for O'Connor and McCabe to completely shut the attack down.

Greatly assisted by being able to slow down every ruck and pinch ball illegally.

I saw Pocock playing strictly by the book (ok, and pushing just the necessary bit). He was always first at the breakdown, and when it wasn't him, Horwill was there to slow down the ball. Brüssow going off was too big a loss for SA.
I actually think Lawrence's calls were a bit dodgy outside the breakdown area. A few forward passes, late/high tackles and the such that always seemed to go Australia's way.

You have to admitt pocock was outstanding for Australia... yeah there were a couple of suspect decisions where he was like a theif in the night but imo they werent game breakers. SA just didnt take there oportunities just like NZ in SA earlier this year.

Latest posts