• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: South Africa vs Fiji (17-09-2011, 18:00)

Riaan Viljoen at fullback would be my choice too. Movo or even van den heever should be at the WC instead of Ndungane. Aplon only survives because of Habana's defensive skills. Habana is a great defender out wide despite what everyone thinks and so is Pietersen. Whats the use of Aplon scoring one try and then gets run over four times, two of which result in tries. Joe Pietersen (ex stormer) is a much better player and can play wing and fulback as well.

In my opinion Frans has been better than Jean for quite some time. Jean has been off his game for a while and I was so glad when he got injured in 2007. I think even Butch James is a better 12 than Jean. Jean at his best was our best 12 but he seems to have lost his mojo in the UK. I don't buy the supposed Jean/ Jaque combo. Jaque can play with anyone.

Fiji made things easy for SA with bad errors at crucial times in both attack and defence

Riaan Viljoen at fullback would be my choice too. M(v)ovo or even van den heever should be at the WC instead of Ndungane. Aplon only survives because of Habana's defensive skills. Habana is a great defender out wide despite what everyone thinks and so is Pietersen. Whats the use of Aplon scoring one try and then gets run over four times, two of which result in tries. Joe Pietersen (ex stormer) is a much better player and can play wing and fulback as well.

apart for some spelling mistakes, you have no idea what you're talking about!

1. Mvovo and Van Den Heever can't defend, just watch this weekend's match between the cheetahs and the sharks, and Van Den Heever can't even make the Bulls first 15 because of his poor defence. on attack, yes, they're both brilliant!

2. Gio Aplon is solid on defence, i have never seen him being run over once, never mind 4 times in a match! Aplon deserves his place in the squad and should play above Habana.

3. What did Ndungane do wrong this weekend vs Fiji? he ran good lines, helped at the breakdown area, assisted in defence... What more do you need from a wing?

Sorry mrH, but you don't know your own team's players!

I am not the biggest fan of Ndungane, but he was quite good against Fiji... Unlike Habana, he has the intelligence to step inside to avoid being pushed over the side-line. Ndungane is very solid on defence and it quite fast despite looking as slow as a lock.

I have to agree with Heineken here.
Aplon is brilliant in defense, I don't know what you've been watching for the past few years mrH, but I'd definitely have Aplon above most of our wingers at the moment. People keep harping on about his size, but he never lets anyone slip by or out of a tackle, and he's got to be one of the best attacking players in the world at the moment.

Butch is a **** center, he was absolutely horrible in the Wales game, Jean is still miles better at 12, Butch does make a solid fly half though.

why is it that everytime fiji attacked fourie would go and stand in the fiji backline :? disrupting their backline play :? forcing them to play inside balls the whole match... then the drifting SA defence covers that... i was very disappointed in fiji for not picking this up and playing the inside ball the whole game... even when they kick an SA defender either lambie or steyn will fall back to cover the kick and clear... this is typical SA tactics and i must say fiji made you look good... iknwe that if you won the battle that you were going to win becasue you will probably park the bus on defence and hit the counter attack... where fiji was bad on defence and could not really attack cuz of the SA spoiling tactics...

Okay, so now we have to thank Fiji for making us look good? Come on, you're a joke... SA played a good game with a lot of versatility on attack which proved to be working against Fiji, not even allowing them a try.

Hey come now Eze, he can't help that his tik addiction is affecting his opinion!

Am i the only one here that would like to bliksem icemn so hard that he wouldn't know whether he's black or white?

geez, wat 'n pot kak! fokof jou dom doos!

Am i the only one here that would like to bliksem icemn so hard that he wouldn't know whether he's black or white?

geez, wat 'n pot kak! fokof jou dom doos!

He is just another one of the lost identity cases in the Cape. Ignore him, his comments are useless. Just a troll with nothing better to do.

yes thank you... typical SA's.....again attacking the man cuz you can't come up with anything constructive to counter my comments.... but yes, i'm the idiot ;)

Leading up to this game (South Africa vs Fiji), People have been commenting on the Springboks game play tactics and their depth in their game play, saying "Springboks play boring rugby, Play for possession, 10 man rugby and just kick for points or territory etc... I think after this game we can disagree with most. South Africa managed to play a broad variety of rugby against a team that is known for their physicality and attacking game. The forwards IMO were the focus of the game but the backline came out hiding to show that the Springboks can spread the ball wide and run the ball with some basic but effective set pieces.

The moments of the game -
1. Schalk and Rossouw Combo's
2. FDP and Frans Combo's

Watched the game last night.
Good to see South Africa finding form.
Can't wait to play you guys in the semi's (fingers crossed).
Liked F Steyn at 12, but miss his lovely long locks that he was sporting in France.
Also think that the starting 15 was reasonably good, one or two changes still needed and most importantly please start Bismarck instead of Smit.

yes thank you... typical SA's.....again attacking the man cuz you can't come up with anything constructive to counter my comments.... but yes, i'm the idiot ;)

Why all the hate for SA?
Thought that whole cape town supporting the All Blacks thing had died down these days?