• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: Tonga - Japan (21-09-2011, 19:30)

That game was actually closer then the scoreline suggested, for most of the game Japan was in control. They didn't take their opportunities, missed kicks and missed tackles. They should have won this game, they should be disappointed.

Tonga were deserved winners because they took their opportunities and made their kicks.

Japan lost a big opportunity to take the 3rd place being unable to take two bonus points at the end.

Now we don't know what will happen if the three team finish with 5 points because the IRB is stupid once more.

People forget the opportunities Tonga had they butchered atleast 2 certain tries ( Piutaus offload and Vainikolos ) felt Tonga let Japan off easy a couple times.

People forget the opportunities Tonga had they butchered atleast 2 certain tries ( Piutaus offload and Vainikolos ) felt Tonga let Japan off easy a couple times.

Well done Tonga ... I think that while some opportunities were butchered, there were tries awarded to both sides in controversial circumstances. Japan with that double movement try, and Tonga with the try at about the 60 minute mark, where the Tongan number 6 could have been called for obstructing the Japanese defenders IMO.

... did anyone else have sound issues during this match ... I couldn't hear the ref for most of the match, and couldn't hear the post match interviews

... on the positive side, I didn't have to listen to Willie Lose :)

Japan lost a big opportunity to take the 3rd place being unable to take two bonus points at the end.

Now we don't know what will happen if the three team finish with 5 points because the IRB is stupid once more.

In the event of a three way PD is the determining factor.

Well done Tonga ... I think that while some opportunities were butchered, there were tries awarded to both sides in controversial circumstances. Japan with that double movement try, and Tonga with the try at about the 60 minute mark, where the Tongan number 6 could have been called for obstructing the Japanese defenders IMO.

... did anyone else have sound issues during this match ... I couldn't hear the ref for most of the match, and couldn't hear the post match interviews

... on the positive side, I didn't have to listen to Willie Lose :)

I had the same sound issues. I missed not being able to hear the ref. It helps give a feel for the game.

I had the same sound issues. I missed not being able to hear the ref. It helps give a feel for the game.

Yes, the crowd noise wasn't there either, leaving the commentators to build the excitement vibe ... just is a little weird

So I wonder what JK is thinking about his decision to put out the B team against the All Blacks now. Japan now have no chance or finishing 3rd. Japan seemed disjointed and I think part of that is due to not having played a meaningful game in 12 days. For all the talk about Endo and his brilliance I thought he was terrible. Handling errors, decision making... just a mess.

Yet again I must express my dislike for the inconsistent law enforcement from our referees. How could Fa'asavalu's try be disallowed and this one which is a more clear double movement than that one be awarded??...

I'm gonna become a serial killer by the end of this tournament and all my victims will be referees lol.

Well this is what JK gets for trying to 'rotate' his players.. After the thrashing his B team got against the ABs, they lost all manner of cohesion.

So many simple mistakes from the japs.. Also what happened to their scrum? It was dominant at one stage, then ended up getting pushed around by a 7 man tongan scrum..

They have lost 3rd place.

SHAME

lol the roof is on fire

Last edited by a moderator:
Two of the Tonga tries had forward passes, looked like a scrappy match from the highlights

There were a fair amount of errors but both sides brought tons of passion and moments of brilliance, Pool A has had some fantastic games so far, Japan vs. Canada could be a great one as well. This is a perfect result for Canada as well making their route to third place in the pool much easier.

Latest posts