• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Scotland vs. Japan (23/09/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

Scotland.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Japan.png

Kingsholm, Gloucester (23/09/2015, 14:30)
Pool B, Round 2

Referee: John Lacey
23px-IRFU_flag.svg.png

Off course Scotland gonna win this match, but i think Japan gonna give us a surprise. Japan gonna growing like the rugby Italian or how was the rugby Argentine. They put a team in the Super Rugby

My wild guess.. Scotland 17 Japan 24 :) ... even match but Scotland down due to poor discipline

Off course Scotland gonna win this match, but i think Japan gonna give us a surprise. Japan gonna growing like the rugby Italian or how was the rugby Argentine. They put a team in the Super Rugby

Sorry sweaties, but reading Agustin's post, you're a goner :eek:

Our poor discipline didn't get on the plane. ;)
Our poor discipline has retired 2 weeks ago ;)

But @rugby_mad has a point though, Our poor discipline will lose us this match as I really do think Japan will look to surprise us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it'll be more of a question of whether or not it can still be classified as a surprise!

We'll need tight discipline. Their kicker is a handy fellow.

Really looking forward to this game, as much as I like the Japs, my old boy is from Kilmarnock, Scotland, so get up lads!

I now vaguely want the Japanese to run rampant in our group so I can feel slightly better about Saturday, but I also feel they are reliant on key players and this is an awfully low recovery time. Is four days enough time to recover from a bruising, all or nothing encounter? I'm skeptical, not to mention the Scots are the better team on paper AND it shouldn't feel like the Japs are playing at home.
I look forward to the game but it will be a tough ask for the Japanese. Hope to be proven wrong!

Last edited:
Cant wait for this, have a feeling the Scots will bottle it, as much as I like seeing Scotland play you guys are terrible under pressure (not that Ireland are much better!) though I agree 4 days after a monumental win over flippin' SOUTH AFRICA is probably not a whole of time and may be detrimental

I am going for a Scotland win with Japan getting a bp.

I now vaguely want the Japanese to run rampant in our group so I can feel slightly better about Saturdat, but I also feel they are reliant on key players and this is an awfully low recover time. Is four days enough time to recover from a bruising, all or nothing encounter? I'm skeptical, not to mention the Scots are the better team on paper AND it shouldn't feel like the Japs are playing at home.
I look forward to the game but it will be a tough ask for the Japanese. Hope to be proven wrong!

No it isn't! But that's tournament football and why you must have the best complete squad!

I might be imagining things, but I can't help but feel Tanaka has bought a lot of the Highlanders spirit to the Japanese team, the never die attitude and competitiveness.

Such a tough game for Japan to get up for both physically and mentally. They don't have the squad depth to make the number of changes other squads would probably make given the short turn around, and physiologically I have no idea how they will be able to bring themselves back to earth after perhaps the biggest upset in rugby ever. Huge test for Jones, the other coaching staff and Japan's team leaders! I personally think they will struggle and am picking Scotland to win this one!

i think this will be very close, it depends on japan's strength in depth, i doubt many of the players that played on saturday will be playing after such a short turn around. im gonna go with japan by 3-6

i think this will be very close, it depends on japan's strength in depth, i doubt many of the players that played on saturday will be playing after such a short turn around. im gonna go with japan by 3-6
Yeah team selection will be an interesting one, but the depth is not there to rest their top players so I'm picking they will go with their first XV so long as everyone is fit and ready to go!

AND it shouldn't feel like the Japs are playing at home.
I wouldn't be so sure: Every single neutral in the country will be supporting Japan, and Gloucester play in red/white hoops as well so there will be a fair bit of it in the crowd.

Latest posts