• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: Scotland vs. Japan (23/09/2015)

After that heroic win over Sa, I put some money on Japan to beat Scotland today.
My bad

The drop of after about 50 mins was insane. I guess if you ever needed proof that the schedule is a bit messed up...

Decent from Scotland, but I don't think they'll trouble SA. Good first half from Japan and with ten days rest they can beat Samoa.

Ref was a bit rubbish.

Scottish defence was good and the backs had the legs of the Japanese . SA will have to step up a gear if the want out of Pool B !

SA will have to step up a gear if the want out of Pool B !

Unfortunately I think SA will still be top of the group fairly comfortably. The 2 bonus points in their loss to Japan will come in to play. I reckon they'll beat Scotland who I don't think will get any bonus points in the loss, maybe the 1 for within 7 if they're lucky.

japan really wernt on their game today. cant help but feel that short turn around did them in. if they had played like they did against the boks then it would have been a much closer game

Bonus point , quality tries - Scotland superior up front and showed good skill in the backs . Bennett looks a class act whilst Hardie's score was a cracker . Could have had another brace but pleased with the performance and a great crowd !

What was said about them having neutral people in charge of the replays? It seemed fairly coincidental that no replay was played of the stamping before the first Scottish try, and that no replay was shown of the second try (where the Scottish player almost went out) until after the goal was kicked.

It's definately you.

What was said about them having neutral people in charge of the replays? It seemed fairly coincidental that no replay was played of the stamping before the first Scottish try, and that no replay was shown of the second try (where the Scottish player almost went out) until after the goal was kicked.

See it wasn't just me.

Scottish defence was good and the backs had the legs of the Japanese . SA will have to step up a gear if the want out of Pool B !

Agreed. BOKS not as good as people say they are (or they think they are!)
Grandads army. If they play Matfield, De Villiers, Du Plessis Bros, I'll think
the others have a chance. Will be happy if Schalk Brits doesn't play, as he's too quick
for the other hookers in the group.
Scotland are also better than people say they are. May have lost 5 games in 6N,
but could (maybe should ) have won 3 of them.

- - - Updated - - -

See it wasn't just me.

He's a fish. It doesn't count!.
What stamp is he talking about? Is he a collector on the wromg blog?

I was extremely impressed with the way Japan changed the point of attach with short passes, inside balls, and well though out running lines. The way they executed that was world class. Mafi had one of the best spells on the park out of anyone at the RWC so far.

As for Scotland I must admit that after 40 minutes I was a little underwhelmed. I felt like despite being behind on the scoreboard Japan was the team making all the play. However, as it turns out, the Scotland game plan was absolutely spot on. The accumulated points and dealt with for the most part what the Japanese threw at them and then put the foot down in the second half and score some quite brilliant tries and demonstrated some very good skills. I was very very impressed with them and have no doubt they will give SA a good run for their money if not beat them.

Pretty much the whole Scottish team were impressive but a few players that impressed me most were Laidlaw,, Scott, Bennett, and Hardie.

Great game to watch, very impressive Japan, but way more so Scotland.

Scotland knew the Tsunami was coming and they went for the highlands and safety in the first half.
In the second half as the water receded they came flying down from the hills with Claymores in hand and set about walloping the retreating and weakening waves.
The short turn around really hurt Japans stamina but full marks to them for sticking to their guns.
They are indeed my guilty pleasure.
Scotland looked as good as I've ever seen them, disciplined, well drilled, strong tackling, great patience when under pressure and not afraid to strike out and go for glory when the opportunity arose.
I'm not sure if the winner would change in a situation where Japan was fresh (chiefly because Japan find it harder to penetrate the sliding defence over the rush defence) but it would surely be a good deal closer.

After that heroic win over Sa, I put some money on Japan to beat Scotland today.
My bad

same here...

Well done Scotland, Pool B is definitely interesting. Will SA bounce back or will they get rolled by Scotland and or Samoa. There is certainly lots of competition for the 2 spots.

Well played Scotland! Good win. Next up USA, and another bp win would set up the match against the Bokke nicely!

Agreed. BOKS not as good as people say they are (or they think they are!)
Grandads army. If they play Matfield, De Villiers, Du Plessis Bros, I'll think
the others have a chance. Will be happy if Schalk Brits doesn't play, as he's too quick
for the other hookers in the group.
Scotland are also better than people say they are. May have lost 5 games in 6N,
but could (maybe should ) have won 3 of them.

- - - Updated - - -

He's a fish. It doesn't count!.
What stamp is he talking about? Is he a collector on the wromg blog?

He isn't a fish he is Gyarados!